A break in? Pt 1

Nayeon's children

 

Nayeon yawned as the morning sunlight woke her up. Blinking away her sleepiness, she stretched her thin arms.

Sitting up, she looked around her room, didn’t she close her door last night?

Getting off of her bed, she held the door gingerly, thoroughly confused why it was open.

“Kids?”

Immediately a pitter patter of feet reached her ears, internally a breath of relief released.

“Nayeon unnie! We have a problem.”

“What?! What problem?”

Calmly following Jihyo, she rounded to the corner where they found a broken window.

“What the.”

“So like last night, we heard the window breaking so we went to hide in your room.”

“So that’s why my door is open, why did you guys not wake me?”

“Because we forgot?”

Nayeon frowned as she lifted Jihyo in her hands.

“You’re all fine though, right?”

“Yea, about that...”

Immediately worried, Nayeon quickly ran around the house, looking and gathering the nukos.

Dahyun was hanging on the camera at the doorway, Sana was playing in her closet, Momo was sleeping in her new cardboard box, Tzuyu was sleeping on top of an open children’s book, Chaeyoung was asleep with Tzuyu’s tail in hand.

“Where’s Mina and Jeongyeon?”

“In the bathroom I think?”

Nayeon ruffled Dahyun’s hair, making sure to rub behind her nuko ears quickly. Ever since Sowon had expressed a concern for Dahyun’s sense of smell, Nayeon had taken Dahyun for a checkup and given her some medication along with a paper full of things to do to make sure of proper rehab of her sense of smell. This meant, Dahyun wasn’t allowed to have fish.

Reaching the bathroom, she found Mina holding Jeongyeon’s hand under the nuko faucet system Nayeon had set up.

“What’s wrong with her hand.”

More of a command than a question, it made the two nukos jump in surprise, Mina accidentally hit Jeongyeon’s hand she was holding into the faucet.

“Ah!”

“Gomen!”

Nayeon put down her armful of nukos on the counter and picked up Jeongyeon, petting Mina briefly before inspecting Jeongyeon’s hand.

There was a cut along the length of Jeongyeon’s palm.

“What did you do.”

“I-I tried to clean the glass.”

Nayeon gave an exasperated sigh before running Jeongyeon’s hand under cold water as she reached her other hand to get a bandage from the mirror cabinet in the wall.

“Hold still under the cold water.”

“But like you said, its cold!”

“Hold still.”

Nayeon’s voice softened a little and Jeongyeon shivered holding still.

Turning off the water, Nayeon looked at the cut once more, picking the proper bandage, she also put some disinfectant cream around it before putting the bandage on, wrapping it with extra gauze to prevent Jeongyeon from bumping it.

“There, be more careful, and leave the glass to me.”

“Sorry, I just wanted to help.”

Nayeon smiled softly.

“It’s alright, thanks hon.”

Hugging all of her nukos in a group cuddle, she kissed each of their heads, giggling as their ears tickled her cheeks.

—————————

“So do you know what they took?”

Nayeon just grinned as she walked around the upturned house.

“Kids, we do’t have internet until I order another modem and router, we also don’t have a projector anymore.”

Mentally, Nayeon cursed the intruder but was thankful for once that she was stinking rich.

“I’m kind of glad they took so much stuff.”

“What?! Why?”

“Chaeyoung ah, if they hadn’t run out of space on their get away vehicle, they might have come upstairs and we could’ve gotten hurt. Of course, its a bad thing to have been robbed but like, be glad we’re all unharmed, bar one reckless nuko.”

Jeongyeon shrunk a little under her gaze.

“I said I was sorry...”

Chuckling and giving another kiss to her head, Nayeon just sighed.

“Man, why in the world is it such a blessing to be rich and yet such a pain to begin with.”

Nayeon hated her fortune, but she was thankful and mostly frugal, her home was only as extravagant as it was because her whole family lived there before they moved to a bigger house, leaving Nayeon everything in the house for her to stay for college.

They bought a new mansion and refurnished it with everything brand new, whilst Nayeon tried to keep everything she only needed in her house for her nukos.