Chapter 40: The Main Lead

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 40: The Main Lead

[MyungSoo POV]

I stepped into the house and let out a sigh. SungGyu looked up from his novel.

"Hi, hyung!"

He nodded back and smiled. Then I looked to the right and saw Shin munching on potato chips on the couch.

"Hey... What are you doing here?" Shin said, his eyes not moving from the TV screen.

"Uhh... I live here?"

"Ah, right, right..."

"I should ask why you're here," I blinked.

"Oh... Oh! Yes, yes... Hm.. Why was I here again?" Shin looked up.

"To pick up the cats," SungGyu chuckled.

"Oh, yeah... I got really invested in this drama on TV right now... DaIn is going to adopt Mom, V, and E so I'm picking them up and dropping them off--"

Suddenly, there was a scream from the bathroom. Seconds later, Ms. Lee jumped out of the restroom.

"W-Who--?!" She said, her eyes wide open.

We ran upstairs and went into the restroom, only to find a strange boy squatting on the floor of the restroom. The green eyes...

"V?!" Shin and I both exclaimed.

He gasped, "L? E?"

---

"Your brother... Broke into our house?" Ms. Lee blinked.

"N-No...  More like... I invited him over," I said.

"I thought you were an only child!"

"It's my long lost brother! So is Shin!" I explained, "They have foster homes, and I never got adopted."

V and Shin smiled widely.

"You're so charming, just like MyungSoo~" Hoya cooed.

V purred lightly.

"Hi, I'm V!" He introduced himself, "I don't know how I'm human now, but that's pretty cool!!"

"What?" Ms. Lee cocked her head.

"H-He said, "I don't know how I'm here now," I quickly said.

"O-Oh... Where is your family?"

"Ah..."

Shin nudged V lighty and then said, "V's coming home with me. We have the same foster family. Right, V?"

"R-Right," V nodded.

"And also we're bringing home the two cats, too. It's V's pet cats," Shin pointed to E and mother.

"Where's the other one? The brown fur one with green eyes--"

"Ohoh, Mom, you must've mistook that there were three cats but there were actually only two!!" SungYeol intercepted.

We all quickly nodded.

"Ah, okay..." Ms. Lee chuckled lightly, "You guys come back again, alright? Any family of MyungSoo is a family to me."

The two smiled widely and bowed before leaving.

---

Hoya helped me learn how to use the video-call option on my phone, so I wanted to try video-calling DaIn tonight.

"This technology is pretty cool..." I said in awe.

"I'll let you two love-birds have your video-call date~" Hoya teased before leaving the room.

I dialed her number. Suddenly, her face popped up.

"DaIn, DaIn!!" I waved.

"MyungSoo, hi!" She laughed, "What's up?"

"I just wanted to see your face."

DaIn covered , "Oh, too cheesy..."

I blushed, "Too cheesy?!"

She laughed again.

---

The two of us talked to each other for hours, just doing homework while telling stories.

"And so I thought about trying to bring my camera out and capture some--.. DaIn...?"

I looked over to the screen and saw that she had her face on her desk.

"DaIn, are you asleep?" I chuckled.

She mumbled something in her sleep.

I smiled lightly. I patted her hair on the screen.

"Goodnight, DaIn..."

---

I woke up to a tap on the window. I quickly opened my eyes. I looked to my right and left. Everyone was still asleep. I looked to the window. Nothing. Was it wind? Or was this a dream?

I went downstairs to drink a glass of water when I heard another sound from outside. I had goosebumps. I tiptoed towards the window, and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter