Chapter 21: Behind the Scenes

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21: Behind the Scenes

[Ms. Lee POV]

Sunday morning came. My second night without sleep... I opened the curtains in the house and slowly tiptoed to SungYeol's room where MyungSoo had been sleeping for the past day.

"Come on, honeybee, let's get you outside for some fresh air, mmm?" I tapped MyungSoo hopefully.

He jumped and then turned to me.

"Oh, Ms. Lee," he smiled lightly, "Sorry, it's just... a reflex..."

He slowly got up. I helped him put on his shoes because it seemed like he had no energy. The two of us walked around the neighborhood. He was quiet until I spoke up.

"So... You don't have to go to school on Monday. I can call the school if you want--"

"No--" MyungSoo squeaked, "I would like to continue school, please."

"...Are.... Are you sure?"

"Yes, I... I want to get better. I think I'll get better if I go out rather than stay home."

His hands shook a bit. I held them.

"You don't have to," I said, "We can take it slowly if you want-"

"Ms. Lee, please," He smiled weakly, "It's okay, I promise."

"But promise me another thing," I stopped walking.

He stood still and looked at me.

"Promise me you'll go to therapy. The doctor said it'll help you a lot."

"R-Really...?"

I nodded.

"I... I know one," he said.

I blinked, "H-Huh?"

He pulled out his phone. He took off the phone case and took out a business card he kept behind it.

"Dr. Yoon... Who is this?" I scanned the card.

"DaIn's father," he replied, "DaIn... is my friend from school."

"Ah..." I smiled, "You would like him?"

MyungSoo shrugged his shoulder, "I don't think it'd be a bad idea. I think he's reliable after all."

I looked back at the card. Maybe it's not such a bad idea...

---

"...Ms. Lee...?"

I quickly opened my eyes. SungJong quickly grabbed the dish I dropped before it crashed to the floor.

"I'll wash the dishes... You need to rest," SungJong said with worry.

"O-Oh," I backed up, "Did I fall asleep?"

He chuckled, "A little bit."

I sat down on the kitchen table and watched SungJong. I smiled.

"Thank you, Jong-ah," I said with a yawn.

He shook his head and smiled.

I pulled out that business card again. Dr. Yoon... Well... It's not just some random guy on the street. MyungSoo even met him... And he seems to be pretty close with DaIn. Isn't it that girl MyungSoo's been tutoring every day last week?

Oh, gosh... I feel like just last week, MyungSoo was totally okay... Until the party.... Ah, I don't even want to think of it.

I looked back at the card. After a few moments, I stopped hesitated and dialed the phone number.

"Hello?"

My mouth went dry.

"...Hello?" I heard Dr. Yoon repeat on the other side.

"Hello, this is Ms. Lee. I'm Kim MyungSoo's guardian."

"Oh~ MyungSoo as in DaIn's friend, right?"

"Yes. Dr. Yoon... Is it alright if I meet up with you? I actually have something to discuss."

"About DaIn?"

"No, no... About MyungSoo."

"Something happened?"

"Well... I'd like to talk about it in person."

"O-Oh, okay, sure. Actually, I'm always on call because of my patients, so if you'd like, we could meet right now. Would it be safer to meet at your home or would you like to meet in my office? It's urgent, right?"

"A little bit... Would you mind coming over right now? I'm so sorry that I'm calling you out so late at night but I'm just..."

My voice stopped and I already felt the tears coming.

"I'm just worried," I said as I blinked away my tears.

I heard Dr. Yoon pause on the phone.

"... I'll be on my way as soon as possible, alright?" He said.

"Th-Thank you," was all I could get out.

---

"Someone's at the door~!" DongWoo sang. He quickly opened the door before I could get a word out.

"Who...?" DongWoo blinked.

Dr. Yoon came in and smiled, "I'm here for Ms. Lee..."

"I'm here," I waved him over to the kitchen, "Come have some hot tea I just made."

He bowed and thanked me before taking a seat.

"DongWoo, could you tell the kids to go head to their rooms? And bring MyungSoo out here," I said.

"Why...?" DongWoo blinked, "Ah... Ah, this is for MyungSoo only?"

I nodded.

"Okay, I'll make sure those rascals stay in the room and leave you guys to your privacy."

DongWoo skipped off.

I caught Dr. Yoon up on the serious situation as we heard the boys rustling around and getting ready for bed. Then, I heard them settle and say their goodnights. When it was quiet, I heard the small creak of a door. MyungSoo slowly came down the stairs. His eyes met Dr. Yoon and he froze.

"Come over, Soo-ah..." I motioned for him to take a seat across from Dr. Yoon.

MyungSoo slowly sat down.

"I'm not in trouble or anything... right...?" MyungSoo whispered.

"Oh, no, not at all!" Dr. Yoon chuckled, "I just wanted to have a little tea time with you today. You don't mind, right?"

"...This late at night?"

"Mmm... Isn't it more relaxing like this?" Dr. Yoon smiled.

MyungSoo nodded, but he was still stiff.

"How was your day?" Dr. Yoon tried to calm him down.

"It was good."

"Did you do anything today?"

"I walked with Ms. Lee today... Helped SungJong with his fashion project.... Mmm... Not anything too drastic."

"I see, I see," Dr. Yoon nodded, "So, Ms. Lee said you've been having some troub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter