Chapter 24: Fears

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24: Fears

[MyungSoo POV]

"You're doing much better, MyungSoo," Dr. Yoon patted my shoulder, "That was a good conversation we had at therapy today."

I nodded, "I'll see you in a few days, then?"

Dr. Yoon smiled, "Yes! I'll be sure to tell Ms. Lee that you're improving so quickly!"

I waved goodbye and went down the glass elevator. I waved back to the secretary at the reception desk. He chuckled and waved back. I walked back to school for rehearsals in the school theater.

---

"Are you going to the showcase tonight to see your friend SungGyu?" MinSeok nudged my shoulder.

I nodded, "Of course I will! I can't miss SungGyu hyung's performance!"

The two of us quickly heard our cue and ran onto the stage to change the props and stage for the next stage.

Yes, we worked behind the scenes for the fall play production. I only appeared in one scene, so other than that, I'm a backstage crew. MinSeok didn't get the part he wanted because his "Busan dialect doesn't fit the role of the male lead character." The actual male lead was Lee JaeHyeong, who was perhaps the biggest eye candy in the entire theater club. He takes care of his health, even taking vitamins to strengthen his immune system. He was serious about acting, and I'm pretty sure he's going to go into the acting industry after he graduates high school. He also has a thing for Kim YeRim, too, just like MinSeok. And YeRim was the female lead, so it's obvious JaeHyeong was glad to take the male lead role.

This guy sounded perfect. He was even nice. He treated the cast and crew out for ice cream once after a long rehearsal.

Anyway, despite everything, I still helped MinSeok learn the Seoul dialect and boost his confidence to ask YeRim on at least a date.

YeRim was scary to me, though. I couldn't help but shake when I see her. Actually, any girl made me want to hide.

Dr. Yoon says I've been improving in terms of my trauma. But there was one thing I still haven't improved on yet: girls. I couldn't think right after the incident. I couldn't remember who hurt me. It could've been any girl here. What if YeRim was the girl at the party? It might seem unlikely, but humans are like that. You can't trust anyone. If I trust someone, and it turns out that they're the one who hurt me, what would I do? It was like falling into a trap. They might try to gain my trust so they can take advantage of me again. My throat closed up just thinking of that incident happening again.

Well, MinSeok still wants YeRim. I trust in him only because I was 100% sure he wouldn't hurt me. Just like how I trust the other guys at home and Ms. Lee. That's all I'll trust. No one else will gain my trust.

---

I used to look forward to tutoring DaIn at the cat cafe after school, but now, I was scared instead.

"Th-Then..." I stuttered, "x equals..."

I looked at DaIn's notebook. My vision was blurring. I couldn't look at her in the eyes. My hands started shaking again.

"Are you alright, MyungSoo?" She held my hand to stop it, but I immediately pulled away.

"I..."

"Do you need some water? Gosh, you look so pale..."

She went over to the counter of the cat cafe and started pouring water. I looked at her back. My head was throbbing.

I can't trust anyone. I can't trust humans.

It could be anyone... It could be DaIn.

DaIn will be at the party, so you'll be there, right? I remembered what TaeWoon said.

DaIn was at the party... DaIn... What if she's the girl from the party who--

I felt my heart racing in fear.

Maybe... she... she took advantage of my trust and lured me to the party, and then she--

"Here, drink this," she handed the drink.

I quickly dropped the cup, causing the hem of my pants to be soaked. She gasped at the glass shards from the cup.

"I-I can't do this," I hiccuped.

"Let me help you, MyungSoo," she squatted down and started p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter