Chapter 22: Dinner with the Parks

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22: Dinner with the Parks

[WooHyun POV]

"Have fun, okay?" Ms. Lee gave me a kiss on the forehead, "And don't forget to say thank you!"

I nodded and smiled. When I walked into the restaurant, I was greeted by a waiter.

"Nam WooHyun, right?"

I nodded. He escorted me to a room furthest to the back. The sign on the door said VIP ONLY. I blinked a few times. The waiter nodded and headed out. I slowly twisted the doorknob after knocking lightly.

"Ah, WooHyun-ah!" Mrs. Park clasped her hands together, "I'm so glad you could make it!"

I smiled and took a seat at the table. The room had chandeliers and golden utensils... Can you still use a golden fork to eat salad...? Everything looked way too pricey to even touch. There were a few violinists playing on the stage in the corner of the room. There was a terrace that outlooked the pond in the back.

"Come take a seat, dear!" Mrs. Park smiled.

A waitress pulled a seat back for me. I sat down. I looked around the room with my mouth open... Okay, did they do all of this for me? This looked way too expensive...

"Y-You didn't have to do all of this for me," I blushed lightly.

"Do what?" Mr. Park blinked.

"The... All of this," I looked around the room, "I really don't have a rich taste!"

"Ah, you're just being humble, huh?" Mr. Park chuckled, "We were planning on getting a better room, but we resorted to this one since it was a weekday."

My eyes widened. A better room?! Perhaps... This was normal for them?

---

Finally, the dessert came out. The other food portions were so small that I was still hungry by the time the dessert came. I picked up the tiny fork and dug into the delicious cake.

"Do you like the tiramisu? The gold on top was imported from Italy itself!" Mrs. Park smiled.

I coughed, "Gold on food?"

She laughed, "Of course!"

I looked at the gold specks sprinkled on top of the chocolate. Am I eating money?! I looked at Mrs. Park who was smiling warmly. I smiled back.

"I'm really thankful for all of this," I said.

"Wait until you see the gift we got for you--" Mr. Park froze, "Oh, dear, I forgot the gift at our home."

"Oh, it's alright! We can stop by the house and show WooHyun around!" Mrs. Park patted her husband, "You don't mind, WooHyun?"

I shook my head and laughed lightly.

---

Their car was slim and black. Something the humans call a "sports car." We arrived at their house. There were tall gates and a garden surrounding the huge mansion. I gulped.

The three of us walked in. Now I'm 100% they weren't joking when they said they were being humble by renting that VIP room. Their house was elaborately dressed with golden chandeliers and marble floors. The butler and maids were dressed in sharply ironed uniforms, and they bowed as we entered.

Sure, it was nice, but... It was a little... overwhelming... It made me miss the other guys and Ms. Lee more.

"Ah, Richard~" Mrs. Park called to her husband, "Give WooHyun his gift, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter