Chapter 20: Reality

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20: Reality

[SungGyu POV]

Everyone was laughing and talking at the breakfast table except for MyungSoo, who ate his soup silently as he quietly observed the others. I looked over to Ms. Lee. She was laughing and talking gently with the others but her eyes kept going over to MyungSoo to see if he was okay.

After breakfast, DongWoo washed the dishes while the others went off to do homework or play games in SungYeol's room.

I saw Ms. Lee grab MyungSoo's shoulder. I didn't mean to eavesdrop...

"Hey, you sure you're okay?" She asked.

MyungSoo nodded.

"Do you want to talk about what happened last night?"

MyungSoo shook his head, "I just drank too much. That's all that happened last night."

"Well... alright. If you feel bad during the day, you have to tell me, okay?"

"Thank you, Ms. Lee."

He went towards DongWoo and helped wash the dishes.

What happened last night that would make MyungSoo cry? Yes... I heard him in the shower, he really thinks he could hide it from me... but he rarely shows emotion. Maybe alcohol makes a man emotional.

Note to self: NEVER drink.

---

MyungSoo was still pale and quiet by the time evening came. Ms. Lee was at a school meeting, so it was just the seven of us at home. Anyway, Hoya noticed MyungSoo's behavior, too. As we all know  Hoya always loves animals. I bet he could probably read our minds, too. Suddenly, Hoya stood up.

"Get up," Hoya commanded MyungSoo, "Let's talk."

MyungSoo idly continued to pick at a piece of broccoli.

"I said, get up," Hoya said more firmly this time, "before I get mad."

We all froze and watched as MyungSoo slowly stood up and followed Hoya to Hoya's room. The five of us looked at each other.

"Anyone know what happened to Soo last night?" I said.

"Beats me," WooHyun blinked, "Ms. Lee only told me that he drank too much."

The others nodded and said Ms. Lee told them that as well.

"Im sick of seeing you like this. No, MyungSoo. Don't look away. Look at me in the eyes! I was sick of seeing you like this!" We heard Hoya shout.

MyungSoo started crying again. We were all shocked. Like I said, MyungSoo never showed this much emotion before.

The five of us put our ears to the door.

"Tell me what happened last night," Hoya said now, "And don't give me that fake excuse that you drank too much."

"That's all that happened, hyung," was all the younger could say between his hiccups.

"Don't lie to me-- You look like a zombie, Soo!"

We slowly opened the door and came in. MyungSoo was wiping away his tears while Hoya closed his eyes in frustration.

That's when I saw the dark bruise on his neck. I bet he tried to poorly cover that up today with that sweatshirt he's wearing. Hoya seemed to realize as well.

"What is that, MyungSoo?!" Hoya shouted again, "You didn't just drink last night--"

"I got into a fight, okay?!" MyungSoo cried out now, wiping his painful tears, "There!! Now quit picking at my life!"

MyungSoo got into a... what? A fight?!

"I was drunk and I had a fight at the club. There, happy?" MyungSoo held his head in frustration.

"We're not picking at your life. We're trying to help you," I said, trying to calm him down.

"Well, no thanks, hyung," he bluntly said, "I don't want it."

"Soo, we're here for you, dude! No need to hide anything!" DongWoo said, "Don't be like this, please."

MyungSoo's glare lightened and his breathing slowed down. He took a deep breath.

"You're right. I'm being stupid right now," MyungSoo sighed, "I shouldn't have let it out on you guys when it's not even your fault."

"Hey, bad days come and go," SungYeol patted MyungSoo's back.

We huddled into a group hug around MyungSoo. Suddenly, we felt him get heavy. WooHyun caught his body before he passed out.

"S-Soo!!" DongWoo squeaked, "Is he dead?!"

---

I waited with MyungSoo as we waited for Ms. Lee to arrive. She came almost immediately after the phone call.

"Oh, gosh, MyungSoo!" Ms. Lee screeched as she quickly ran over. A doctor followed behind.

"MyungSoo is still unconscious," Hoya said.

Hoya held MyungSoo's hand tightly. I think he felt bad for shouting at MyungSoo earlier...

Ms. Lee was crying, "I wanted to protect you boys... Why did I let MyungSoo go to the party? I'm so stupid!"

I placed MyungSoo down on SungYeol's bed so the doctor could check his condition. The others were asked to leave except for Ms. Lee and I.

"I'm suspecting alcohol poisoning..." The doctor stated, "But... This is awfully late for such a reaction."

I watched MyungSoo lying in the white bed. His face was pale. His eyes fluttered open while the doctor was checking his pulse.

"You're awake!!" I said, giving him a big hug.

He smiled weakly. The doctor coughed and so I quickly backed up again. The doctor continued with MyungSoo. MyungSoo flinched when the doctor raised his arm.

"Don't worry, little guy, I'm just checking if you're hurt anywhere, okay? Say ahh~"

MyungSoo slowly opened his mouth and did everything as told.

"Okay, let's check your heartbeat. Could you take off your huge sweatshirt so I can check your heart?"

"I'm not wearing a t-shirt under this," MyungSoo stuttered.

"Well, okay," the doctor chuckled as he closed the window blinds in the room, "How about now?"

"I'm cold," MyungSoo said this time.

"The faster we get your heart beat, the quicker you can put back on your warm sweatshirt, mm?" The man tried to reason with him.

MyungSoo looked over at me. I nodded my head, trying to reassure him that everything was okay.

"O-Okay," MyungSoo said.

He slowly pulled off his sweatshirt, only to reveal an array of scratch marks and bruises all over his body.

"MyungSoo..." I could only breathe.

MyungSoo suddenly started sobbing, grabbing the blanket and trying to cover himself. Ms. Lee was so in shock that she couldn't even make a sound. She covered .

What... What happened last night? I looked at Ms. Lee who looked as if she knew exactly what had happened, but I didn't know, so I sat in shock instead.

"I need you to calm down, okay, MyungSoo?" I heard the doctor say in a quiet tone. He patted MyungSoo's back to calm him.

"It's okay. No one is judging you here. I'm going to use a stethoscope on you now, okay? Breathe in... out... in... out... one more time..."

I heard MyungSoo's uneven breathing.

"Ms. Lee, SungGyu," MyungSoo said, "Sorry... Sorry for making you worried..."

MyungSoo's eyes were swollen from crying.

"Alright, now tell me. Where are you hurt?" The doctor said, his voice getting more urgent, "You can tell me anything."

MyungSoo just shook his head.

"Everything stays in this room," the doctor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter