Chapter 42: Unsuspected

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 42: Unsuspected

[YuJin POV]

I was getting ready to watch the fall play production to see MyungSoo. I hesitated a bit in front of the mirror. Should I even go there?

I don't know.

I just wanted revenge.

---

MyungSoo and his friends went to a restaurant after. I waited outside. For what? I wasn't that sure. For some reason, I thought... If I left my eyes from him for a moment, he might show his weakness. I needed to keep my eyes on him. I lingered around the front a bit.

If I find something bad that he does, then I can expose that, and then he'll go down like me. He'll feel how I feel.

Suddenly, I heard heavy breathing coming from the alley on the side of the restaurant. I looked around. The streets were mostly empty since it was late. I slowly tiptoed over and peeped into the alley. And... there was MyungSoo. He was sitting against the wall. And suddenly... he... crawled into a cardboard box. I blinked. And there was a cat. I blinked again. Where did MyungSoo go?! I turned around. Did he see me and run away?

I looked through the glass window of the restaurant. He wasn't sitting at the table with his friends and family.

"MyungSoo~?" I heard from the alley.

I quickly peeped back at the alley. Hoya...?

The cat mewed. And then... M-MyungSoo... appeared...

I tripped back. What... What just happened?

"I was just so tired. I had to rest for a bit," MyungSoo said to Hoya, "Hey... Can I ask you a question?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you... Do you think I'll ever be human forever?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... When I first became human, I thought it was all just temporary and that I'd go back to being a cat. Remember when you first found out my name wasn't actually Seok?" He chuckled, "Ah... We've really come far. And now, all my hyungs are human forever. And even SungJong recently! And I... I want to be human now, too. I used to never trust any humans, but somehow... somehow I want to be one now...."

MyungSoo- MyungSoo was a cat? What the hell is going on?

I saw the two head back into the restaurant. I ran back home.

---

MyungSoo... A cat... What...

I couldn't even wrap my head around it. How could... It doesn't even make sense..!

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter