Chapter 27: Getting Comfortable

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 27: Getting Comfortable

[WooHyun POV]

BoYoung came a bit earlier (well, she does live next door!) and DaIn and AhReum came together in one car.

I was super excited to be SungYeol's wingman tonight!! I even vacuumed the carpets so that there were no traces of tree leaves...

BoYoung was actually very... small. Beside tall SungYeol, she looked like an ant! Well, it is a bit cute, though. SungYeol was anxiously trying to cook the japchae while BoYoung watched on a stool and laughed when he almost threw in a tablespoon of sugar instead of salt. He was seriously a hot mess!

The doorbell rang and I quickly opened it. SungGyu was in a wheelchair and a mask. Ms. Lee was smiling widely.

"SungGyu hyung!!" I screamed.

I was about to pull him into a hug but Ms. Lee lightly pushed me back. I blinked.

"He's not allowed to have too much contact since he's still recovering and they don't want him to catch any infections. So sorry, WooHyun-ah," she said.

"Your hug has been accepted in my heart," SungGyu chuckled, "But now I'm ready for some japchae!!"

---

DaIn has been our friend for quite a while already, but this was the first time she had visited our house. It's also our first time talking since... that incident with MyungSoo. MyungSoo continued to avoid contact with the guests.

AhReum was shy just as DongWoo had mentioned. She was very conscious about where she stood in the house and how she ate, but I assured her that she was the perfect guest this evening and that she could do whatever she wanted. She seemed a bit... confused...? I don't know. When she sat down at the dinner table, Ms. Lee, SungYeol, and Hoya smiled lightly but she quickly lowered her head.

The japchae was amazing. Seriously. SungYeol really did have a talent! BoYoung even gave him approval, and that meant a lot to him.

"So, WooHyun, I heard from SungYeol that you found a family?" BoYoung said, "He told me last week, and I was super excited!"

"Yes, yes!" I smiled sheepishly, "I signed the contract yesterday and I move out this weekend!"

"Our little Namu is all grown up~" DongWoo pinched my cheeks and I laughed and nudged him.

SungJong already finished his plate, but he didn't really have much on it to begin with.

"You're not going to eat anymore?" Hoya asked.

SungJong nodded, "I'm all full!"

"Eat some more, Jong," SungGyu said.

SungJong sulked a bit but he nodded. He got a tiny bit more, but he didn't really budge on eating it.

---

After dinner, everyone went up to play video games in SungYeol's room. After a while, MyungSoo and DaIn left the room quietly. They didn't return after a while, so I went downstairs to see. Ms. Lee was downstairs watching her latest kdrama episode.

"Ms. Lee, have you seen MyungSoo or DaIn?"

"Oh, those two? I think they went out to the back porch."

I nodded and headed in that direction. I slowly opened the door and heard them talking. I... didn't mean to eavesdrop but...

"MyungSoo..."

"DaIn, I'm sorry. I really am. I really thought you were at the party."

"Oh, no! MyungSoo, I would never... And I would never ever do something horrible like that to you."

"I'm just... a little confused, that's all. I'm so sorry for hurting you..."

"Don't worry... I'm just worried, that's all. But it's okay. We'll find the girl."

"Do you think... I will ever go back to being alright? I mean... I just... I feel horrible, DaIn. I feel suffocated."

"You just need to trust yourself. You can do it, MyungSoo. We're all here to help you."

"Thank you, DaIn... I... I hope you're not offended, but... I just can't trust you. I can't trust anyone. I can't."

"I get it... It's okay... Take your time."

"I do like you, DaIn, but... Please don't get upset if I do anything crazy. I don't mean to hurt you."

"MyungSoo, I'll be beside you even if it kills me. You're my friend, whether you trust me or not."

I heard MyungSoo cry.

Man... DaIn really was such a patient girl. She really cared about MyungSoo. I saw a side of DaIn today. A very trustful side.

---

"Got it~!" BoYoung shouted.

SungYeol huffed, "Yeah, right!!"

The two of them fought it out in the game, and in the end, BoYoung won again... for the third time.

"Not fair! My controller is probably low on battery!!" SungYeol whined.

"Or~ Maybe you need to accept that I'm the winner!" She laughed as she leaned on his shoulder.

"Hey... SungYeol doesn't even need a wingman," DongWoo whispered to me, "He's already doing fine!"

SungYeol blushed a bit and chuckled.

AhReum was sitting beside DongWoo watching the next players quietly with a smile on her face.

"You're very quiet, AhReum," I said.

She looked over and smiled widely, "I enjoy this. It feels so comfortable."

I agreed. I felt like I was in a safe haven. I wouldn't min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter