Chapter 23: Love You to Death

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23: Love You to Death

[SungGyu POV]

I stood backstage and peeped through the curtains, trying to search for the boys and Ms. Lee. Suddenly, I felt a pat on my shoulder.

"Are you ready for the first showcase ever, SungGyu hyung?"

I turned around. Ah, it was SeJun.

I nodded, "Are you and Victon ready? You guys are the opening act!"

He smiled widely, showing his dimple, "Yup!"

He then frowned a bit, "But my mom can't come tonight. She's working a nightshift..."

"Don't worry, SeJun. Your fans will still cheer you on!"

"You're right. Ah, I just love my fans so much," he smiled, "Anyone coming for you tonight, SungGyu hyung?"

"My friends and my guardian," I smiled.

"Ah... You must love them a lot, right?"

"Huh?"

"You smiled just now. You really love them. I can tell from your eyes-"

"Lim SeJun-ssi?" A girl came over, "You're supposed to be on standby."

"O-Oh, okay!" He looked at me, "Good luck tonight, hyung!"

I nodded and waved.

---

"Please welcome..! Victon!!"

The crowd roared and called out their names as the boys came on stage. I watched behind the curtains. SeJun was wearing a bright orange hoodie.

"1..2.. Voice to the new world! Hello, we are Victon!"

---

"And now for a handsome guy, and also a new member of our club! Please welcome...! Kim SungGyu!"

I walked on stage. I looked into the crowd and met eyes with the guys. They were holding a huge sign with "Gyu" written in neon marker. There was a cartoon hamster (definitely drawn by MyungSoo) in the corner. I laughed. Ms. Lee was smiling and recording on her phone.

"Hello, I'm Kim SungGyu," I bowed.

The crowd cheered.

"Today I'd like to recite a beautiful poem that I think you guys will really love..."

Love... That word still stuck me after SeJun said it.

I looked at DongWoo, who I loved for his happy personality. WooHyun, who I loved for his care for others. Hoya, who I loved for his passion for dancing and his ability to relate with others.

Then, I looked at the younger who were broken and needed to be loved. SungYeol, who needed comfort and love after his loss of his father. MyungSoo, who needed comfort and love to overcome his past pains. SungJong, who needed comfort and love to love himself...  I wanted to give all of my love to all of them.

And Ms. Lee, who unconditionally loved me like her own son, even when I wasn't.

It was true. I loved them all. I loved them to death. I would do anything to keep them happy.

"Awakening Dream.

To me, you are still like a dream.

So I am always worried that I might wake up from it one day.

But even if you tell me it's a dream,

I won't think it'll make any sense.

But instead, I will feel:

"I must've loved you so much

that I had a dream like this.

That's how much I love you.""

Suddenly the crowd applauded. When I blinked, I had a standing ovation. I looked at the guys and Ms. Lee. Ms. Lee was crying, and the others were wiping tears and smiling.

I knew they would love this poem. I bowed and quickly ran off stage. I went straight into the crowd and pulled Ms. Lee into a hug. The others gathered and hugged me as well. I wiped my tears and looked back to the stage. SeJun was watching from behind the curtain. He smiled and gave a thumbs up. I laughed.

---

That night lingered in my mind for days. Actually, I wished I could live it again.

But actually, something strange was happening.

Ever since that night, I couldn't revert to my original form. No matter how hard I tried. My chest started to hurt more, so I tried to take more of my medicine, but the medicine wasn't helping. When I was in my original form, it gave my heart a chance to 'take a rest' from beating for a whole human body. But now that I couldn't revert at night to rest, I felt more fatigue than I thought was possible.

I didn't tell the others yet. I didn't want them to worry so much. I'll go back to my original form soon, right? I hope so...

"SungGyu-ssi?"

I blinked and saw that MyungSoo's friend DaIn was in my view.

"Oh, DaIn, hello!" I patted the lunch table seat next to me, "Would you like to sit with me today? The boys and MyungSoo are actually off playing football in the field. I can't exactly be running and playing..."

She smiled lightly. I watched her eyes look down when I said MyungSoo's name.

"I actually need to talk about MyungSoo to you."

She took a seat and looked around to make sure MyungSoo wasn't there.

"Um.." she sighed, "Did... Did I do something wrong?"

"H-Huh?"

"MyungSoo's been really on edge around me. He won't l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter