Where Do We Go From Here?

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s list of facts:

Jiyong never said he liked her. Maybe he does, but not in THAT way. Jiyong was sad because he and Kiko are having problems (she doesn’t even know if they’re broken up for real) Jiyong was completely drunk that night. Dara was not the type of girl Jiyong would find tempting, nor did Jiyong show any indication that he was attracted to her. Dara was completely clueless about guys, so her opinion is actually questionable.

Dara thoughtfully thought these things over, mixed them around her head, checked for any errors – still her conclusion remains: that kiss was a mistake.  The facts point to the likelihood that Jiyong was just completely out of his mind, drunk. And here she was, losing sleep over something that (she thinks) is pretty normal drunk behavior to Jiyong. Another point favoring that train of thought was how she met Jiyong in the first place: him being piss drunk and kissing strangers on the street.

Still, Dara was reminded of the look Jiyong gave her throughout the night, and she felt that something did not add up. That was where her analysis ended, when she finally gave up and decided to shower. She did a final tug at her hair then kicked her sheets from her bed out of frustration, and got out of bed. She looked at the view from her window and saw the sun rising slowly, looking bright and hopeful.

“Aigoo, this view is the exact opposite of how I feel.”

**

Dara kept herself busy. She prepared Jiyong’s snacks and meals and placed them neatly inside the insulated bag. When that was done, she went to the coffeemaker to brew a fresh batch. Her back slightly stiffened when she felt a presence beside her.

“Morning, Tokki.”

Dara cleared first, making sure her voice is steady.

“Morning, Jiyongie.” She gave him a smile, which she hoped looked less tight than it actually felt.

Dara planned what she’s going to say while she was in the shower. She decided it’s better to just rip the band-aid off and just say it.

Here goes nothing

“Uhm, Jiyong…last night…” She nervously glanced at him when she said it. And man, her hands were so cold.

“Hmmm?”

Really? He’s going to let her say something first? Ugh.

“Well, I just want to say that I pushed you away because…b-because I think what happened was a mistake.”

That got Jiyong’s full attention. He looked at her, his expression seemingly neutral save for the slight furrow between his brows which was evident for a moment. Dara thought he wouldn't respond because it took him awhile before he spoke.

“Arasso. It’s my fault…I think I drank too much. I’m sorry. I hope we’re okay.” He said, his face still neutral, but Dara saw a vein popping out on his right temple. He pursed his lips, then turned away, getting himself a cup of coffee.

Dara couldn’t help but sarcastically laugh at herself internally, thinking about the amount of time she spent overthinking about the kiss. A part of her probably still thinking and holding on to hope that Jiyong would say that he kissed her because he liked her, LIKED her. In an un-platonic way. But the harsh reality came from the man himself: it was a drunken mistake.

“Y-yeah, we’re okay. Don’t worry about it.”

And just like that, he left her. She took a peek and saw that he took his coffee to his car and drank it there.

Weird.

Dara sighed and got all the stuff ready for yet another workday.

**

Days passed, and Dara was still alive, which she wouldn’t have guessed based on the events that have happened. Today was her last day as Top’s assistant. Another thing she wouldn’t have guessed was how she would be so thankful for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter