Jeju 2.0

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s pitch with Ian and the rest of DPR went well. Everyone agreed that the song matched the concept of the ad. The team will start shooting the ad next week, and Dara was psyched. It’s her first real project involving a song she made. Looking at her watch, she was startled when she saw it’s nearly lunchtime. She promised Bom that they’ll have a meal together. Knowing Bom, she’s just going to pester her about Top (she still fangirls over him, even after experiencing his true weirdness in person), and of course “juicy” gossip about her and Jiyong.

The cab she took was able to get her to the restaurant just in time. She immediately saw Bom through the glass, and waved. Her bestfriend waved back, gesturing for her to hurry because she’s starving.

“Bommie!!”

“Daronggg!!”

After a quick hug, they took their seats on the table. Bom already ordered for her, which she was thankful about. Her stomach was growling.

“So, you’re officially a songwriter! Whoever thought my shy friend is now working with such a big company!”

“I know, I’m still on cloud nine!”

“So…”

Bom made the face that told Dara she was waiting for new developments between her and Jiyong.

“I swear, if you weren’t my bestfriend, I’ll start suspecting that you’re a paparazzi.” Dara told Bom with a playful glare.

“You wound me! Of course, as your BFF I just want to know the latest about you. And you know, if there are any developments…”

Bom had been pestering her about their life, and she’d always been disappointed about the lack of updates. Dara just shook her head and smiled at her friend.

“There are no developments to talk about, ok? We agreed to take everything in our own pace, and just enjoy each other’s company.”

“More like, your own pace, grandma!” Bom teased.

Bom made a sour face, and told Dara how she would grab Jiyong’s y if she was in her place. Dara just laughed at her friend’s rough language, knowing that Bom was just living vicariously through her.

“We’ll go to an out of town trip tomorrow, though.”

Bom’s eyes grew big.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Out of town – just the two of you?”

‘Yeah, why?”

“Aigoo, this innocent rabbit. Don’t you know, stuff happens when a couple goes away on trips like that.”

“Says who?”

“Says everyone I know who are in relationships?” Bom said with an eyeroll.

Dara continued eating, but her mind was racing. Bom was right. But then, she knows it will happen when she’s comfortable. She doesn’t have to be nervous about being with Ji for three days. However, her heart was beating so fast. She was indeed nervous but if she was being honest, a little excited too.

“It’ll be fine. Ji and I talked about it.”

“Fine, be like that, don’t tell me.”

“Aigoo, you’ll be the first to know, if something juicy happens, okay, mom?”

Bom sighed.

“I wish my life was exciting as yours. But really, Dara, I’m so happy how everything is working out. I feel like a proud mom.”

“Stop it, you’re going to make me cry.”

When lunch ended, the two said their goodbyes. Bom made Dara promise three more times to call her if she “wants to share something” about their trip. It seemed that Bom is more excited than the two people who are going to the trip.

***

When Dara opened the door to let Jiyong in, her eyes didn’t expect what she saw. Jiyong dyed his hair red – probably for the tour, which caught her eyes and her heart off-guard. She often get struck with Jiyong’s handsome face, especially when he smiles. But this time around, Dara found him extremely y, not just handsome. He was wearing a navy blue button down, and ripped jeans, which were casual clothes, but he looked so good in them, Dara couldn’t help but stare.

Dara’s cheeks blushed when Jiyong for staring.

“Your hair…it looks so good on you, Ji.” Dara said with a smile, completely showing her admiration.

“So you only stare at me like that when I’m all glamorous?” He teased, putting an arm around her shoulder.

“You know I stare at you even when you have nori stuck between your front teeth.”

Jiyong turned to her, with a teasing smile on his face.

“Haha! You got me. I make girls fall hard, huh?”

“You know you do.” Dara made a face. “And if it’s all up to me, I would like to keep you to myself.” Dara joked.

Confirming if Dara was all set for their trip, Jiyong helped her with her things, and they finally drove off t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter