Meet Mr. and Mrs. Kwon

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara woke up to an empty bed. A little disappointed, she propped herself up using her elbows and shook off the sleep from her eyes. Sitting up and about to get up, she saw a small note with Jiyong’s handwriting.

      Come down when you wake up, beautiful. I’m making breakfast.

      Ji

The note made Dara smile.

“Ji’s making breakfast? That’s interesting.” She said to herself, a little amused and swooned by Jiyong’s gesture.

She excitedly got up and got dressed. Seeing her clothes strewn all over the floor reminded her of her steamy night with Jiyong and it made her blush. She didn’t expect she would enjoy it as much as she did. But Jiyong was very tender and he made sure she got the same excitement and pleasure as he did. Brushing off her steamy thoughts, Dara made her way to the kitchen. As she walked down the stairs, the smell of brewing coffee and frying eggs assailed her senses. Her stomach grumbled in response.

Jiyong was wearing an apron over his shirt. He looked so adorable!

“Good morning, Ji!” Dara greeted, hugging Jiyong from the back.

“Hey…” Jiyong replied, kissing Dara on the temple. “Did you sleep well?”

“Like a baby.”

Jiyong grinned and said he did too, but he woke up early and felt hungry, so he decided to make something to eat for the two of them.

“Are you sure that’s edible?” Dara teased, which was greeted with a smug look on Jiyong’s face.

“You’ll see when you try it.”

The two of them enjoyed a quiet breakfast and Dara complimented Jiyong for the simple but delicious food.

“I told you, I can cook.”

“Frying eggs isn’t exactly the top tier of cooking, but still, good job, love.”

Jiyong paused and glanced at Dara.

“What?” Dara asked, unsure why Jiyong was staring at her with a funny expression on his face.

“You never called me that before.”

Dara blushed, pretending to concentrate on her food.

“Aish…it’s just something sweet I want to call you.”

“Look at you, slowly learning how to make me fall harder for you.” Jiyong teased, nudging her a bit on the shoulder.

“Well, I spend most of my time talking to the guru of flirting..so, it’s not surprising.”

“Me? A guru? Pffft.” Jiyong jokingly denied Dara’s claim, but it was obvious that he agrees. He gave out an airy chuckle, looking very amused.

“Remember that night when you kissed me, right after singing that sweet Seo Taiji and Boys song?” Dara said with a playful glare. Jiyong nodded with a smile, still chewing on his food. “I bet you knew exactly what you were doing. Like you were setting me up for that kiss.”

Jiyong cracked up. He was guffawing and slapping the table with his right hand.

“My flirty moves are being unearthed and analyzed! But admit it, you fell for it.”

Dara made a face but she didn’t respond. Jiyong kept on laughing and pointing at her face, because he knew that she can’t think of a comeback – because she did fall for his moves, big time.

The two of them just hung out during the rest of the morning, and then left to meet Jiyong’s parents for lunch. Their place has a homier vibe than Jiyong’s and us just a few blocks away from Jiyong’s home.

Jiyong glanced at Dara. She hasn’t spoken much during the short drive, and she kept twiddling her thumbs. Sensing her nerves, Jiyong put a hand over hers, and gave it a squeeze.

“Don’t be nervous, they’ll love you.”

“You don’t know that.”

“I’ve lived with them most of my life, so I think my opinion qualifies.”

“You’re being a smartass.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter