The Hug that Broke the Camel’s Back

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was silent when the car pulled over to a  nearby café. A beautiful lady with short black hair was waiting by the sidewalk. She was wearing a black tube-top, showing her midriff and a pair of tattered boyfriend jeans which looked familiar.

Then it dawned on her why. She saw it when she was packing Jiyong’s laundry a week ago. So they share clothes too. And pretty sure more than just clothes. Eck.

She was getting annoyed at herself for being annoyed. It was not her place to care what Jiyong did or shared with Kiko. They can do whatever they want and it shouldn’t matter to her.

But why does her heart feel a little too tight?

Maybe it’s the alcohol?

But Dara and her conscience knew it wasn’t. It was her damn feelings for the man she knew she will never have a shot in hell with.

Jiyong got out of the car and opened the door for his girl.

In normal circumstances, Dara would find that gesture very cute. But this time, it made her heart feel heavier.

“Kiko, this is Tokki,” Jiyong caught himself and chuckled. “I meant, Dara.”

Kiko turned towards the backseat and gave her a tight smile.

“Hi, Dara. We finally meet. Nice costume.”

Dara smiled back, a little too brightly.

At least someone was in a good mood. And it definitely wasn’t her. Somehow, she wished that Jiyong just didn’t show up for her birthday. They have only one day left in the island, and somehow seeing Jiyong reminded her of what she wanted to forget about. But then, she was never a lucky person. Something always rains on her parade.

They finally arrived at the resort. Dara immediately went out of the car to get inside. She just wanted to sleep. Or maybe drink some more? The latter seemed like a better idea.

She saw Bom, and ran to her.

“Bommieeee, I missed you!”

“Aigoo, you’re as drunk as a skunk. Come, dinner is ready.”

Bom saw Jiyong and Kiko get out of the car and she put her arms around Dara, as if protecting her from any unwanted feelings. She always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter