Jeju Surprise

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was their fourth day in the beautiful island of Jeju. The last few days were spent lazing around the beach, swimming, playing cards and just taking in the beautiful scenery. Dara did not dare swim. Someone had to kill her first before she does. Dara might not be self-conscious about her clothes, but she is a little bit embarrassed about her physique. Her mom always reminded her how she never seemed to grow out of t her pre-teen body. She never used to think much about it, but she was constantly teased about it by her classmates in university, and occasionally at her old job.  Meanwhile her bestfriend, Bom had the time of her life flaunting her gorgeous legs.

Bom’s legs are brighter than my future. Dara thought, smiling to herself.

One lazy afternoon, Bom saw her sitting close to the water, with her a pen and notebook.

“Someone’s feeling inspired.” Bom piped up. She had a thoughtful expression on her face.

Bom knew that Dara liked writing when her emotions are high. She’s right. Dara might not be able to do something about her feelings for Jiyong, but she can make songs about it. Maybe that will kill the feelings stone dead. Maybe not. Who cares.

Dara just smiled, shielding her eyes as she looked at Bom.  The sun was high and it made her feel a little more optimistic.

“Come join me. Tell me what you think.” She handed Bom her notebook. Bom sat beside her and studied it.

“Dang. I wanna give you a hug.” Bom said, after reading it all.

Dara just chuckled.

“I have a good idea.” Bom stood up and instructed Dara to stay there and wait for her.

Bom came back with a guitar. Apparently, she made friends with the resort staff who has a guitar that the house band used for acoustic nights. If there was an apocalypse, Dara knew Bom would survive. She can get just about anything everywhere, bless her soul.

“Wow, you’re really spoiling the birthday girl, Bommie.”

“Well, we have to return it though.” Bom said, grinning. “I have an idea for the title.”

“I was thinking of calling it Bad Boy.”

Bom, shook her head. “I have a better one. Why not, call it Good To You?”

Dara thought about it, and heck, it sounded right.

Bom helped her with the melody and they tried singing it together. It was a fun afternoon.

**

Dara smiled at the recollection of yesterday afternoon. Then, she looked at her room and marveled at the generosity of the Bigbang members. Seungri is a co-owner of the resort and he reserved one room each for everyone. Dara sighed in contentment, knowing this week will probably be her best vacation ever.

Glancing at her phone, she started, remembering that the guys were planning to go to the amusement part in 30 minutes. She dressed up hurriedly, taking a final look in the mirror before she left. She chose the black

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter