Day 1

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A minute after that hug, Dara realized she’d been holding her breath. She let out a deep breath and looked at the man smiling at her.  And then her face felt so hot, she was pretty sure her face has turned the deepest shade of pink.

“Aigoo!” Jiyong said, pinching both her cheeks, hard. “Tokki is embarrassed because I hugged her.”

Dara just responded by knitting her brows and tapping both his hands, which were still pinching her cheeks.

“You weren’t embarrassed when you hugged me earlier, though, hehe.”

“It’s different when your bias hugs you, though.” Jiyong laughed, as if what she said was so ridiculous.

“Arasso, arasso hehe. You look cute when you’re embarrassed though. But Dara, don’t ever feel like you can’t tell me anything, okay? We might have started as strangers, maybe enemies at times…”

That earned a snort from Dara, her face saying that she remembered those times of them fighting a lot , very clearly.

Jiyong continued.“..but you’re my Tokki now. My closest friend. I’m here for you, like you have been to me so many times these past months. So no getting embarrassed, okay?”

Dara nodded.

“And if Seunghyun ever tries something funny, you tell me and I’ll kill that clown.”

It was a joke, but Dara knew that Jiyong meant the “being there” part. Somehow, this night was like their friendship pact. She knew in heart this guy got her back. That he can be trusted. She hated how her heart chose to have feelings for Jiyong. Everything would’ve been so much easier if they just have a platonic relationship.

They just smiled at each other, like friends who’ve known each other for a lifetime.

Dara felt good that she helped Jiyong process his thoughs. However, she felt sad that she’s going to leave this man soon. She is going to miss him, that’s for sure.

A few hours later…

Already half asleep, she saw Jiyong peeking through her bedroom door. Probably thinking she was already sleeping, he didn’t go inside, but just whispered, “Goodnight, Tokki.”, and closed the door.

**

The day after was day 1 of Dara being Top’s assistant – whatever that means. She was unsure what she will be doing for the guy. Jiyong and Top agreed on some things first: Dara’s tasks for Top shouldn’t interfere with his meals (which Dara still has to prepare). Anything else was okay, but extended hours, “funny” requests and going somewhere an hour away from Seoul, must be taken up to Jiyong first.

“Anything else, Supreme Leader?” Top asked with a smirk. Probably thinking Jiyong was being such a “dad”.

“No funny stuff, Seunghyun, alright?” Jiyong said with a glare.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter