Crooked

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong felt like he was floating the entire day. Hearing what Seungri said earlier at the café was like a punch to the gut, but it’s not like he can force Dara to stay and not look at other guys. As he smoked inside his room, he was reminded of that scene in Chungking Express where Officer He Qiwu tried to move on from his heartbreak by jogging.

Maybe I can go jogging..take my mind of things.

The thought made him laugh like an idiot – he’s not gonna jog anytime soon. He’s most likely to smoke a pack of cigarettes in 2 hours than run for fun.

If zombies decided to occupy Seoul, maybe I’ll run then.

Jiyong liked making jokes in his head whenever he felt sad. He did it to pass the time, even as a kid when he was left at home with nothing to do. He was pretty sure no one will find his jokes funny though.

But maybe Dara will.

Jiyong slapped his cheek to get that last thought off his mind.

A moment later, he was reminded of another strategy Officer He Qiwu used in the movie to get over heartbreak: meeting someone new. Jiyong thought that was more his speed. Then his stupid brain suddenly reminded him that Chungking Express was their movie – his and Tokki’s. It made his shoulders sag.

It’s time to pick yourself up, pal.

Before his brain could start a pity party for himself, he took out his phone and looked at his contacts. He was chuckling at the number of female contacts he has saved. It was funny because he was worried about one lady, but he has the world on his fingertips, ironic right? He scrolled and scrolled and saw the name – Nana Komatsu. He smiled bitterly to himself.

Nana met Jiyong through Kiko, and even when Jiyong dated her friend, she had been sending him signals. She would suggestive photos of herself every now and then, especially when she’s in Seoul for business. Nana might not be Dara, but she can take Jiyong’s mind off of things for the night. With his mind made up, Jiyong left and drove towards Hongdae.

**

Dara heard Jiyong’s car leave the driveway.

“There goes another night of him gone.” She said to herself while packing some of her clothes in a bag. One good thing about not having the money to buy too much stuff, is that moving out is not too difficult. She looked at the bunny stuffed toy on her bed – th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter