The Spawn of Satan

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first time in a long time, Dara was excited to go to work. She is so eager to put the horrible memories of the weekend behind her and bury herself in office work. She had a smile on her face as she rode the bus. Hello, Monday.

As per her usual commute routine, she put on her earphones and clicked on her Get Psyched playlist. The clarion call that is Crooked’s intro assaulted her ears. This song has been her favourite song since its release. It had a party vibe but it had such melancholic lyrics. G Dragon, is awesome like that, she told herself.  What a shame because Kwon Ji Yong is a jerk in real life.  However, no matter how much she tried to hate his music, she just can’t. He wasn’t her bias for his looks, but because of his music. Dara decided she can still support his music but despise his personality. Besides she still loves Bigbang as a group.

 

As Dara bopped her head to the music, her eyes caught something. The bus TV was on and it showed news about G Dragon. She can only read the headline but it was enough for her to understand what the news was about. Apparently Dispatch released their photos! Thankfully they were merciful enough to blur her face. Before the segment ended, it said that YG will be addressing the issue through a press conference later in the day. She suddenly hated South Korea’s obsessive relationship with celebrities.

 

She didn’t let the news dampen her spirit. She got off at her stop and entered the office building.

“It’s still early. I can tidy up and get started on my emails.” She rubbed her palms together, and took her seat in front of the computer.  Not even 5 minutes has passed when she heard the familiar annoying voice of her boss.

 

“Dara! Come to my office! Now!”

 

Dara ran off, nearly stumbling over the carpet. What could it be this time?

 

“Good morning, ma’am.” Dara bowed as she entered her boss’ office.  There sat Lee Chaerin, Director of the Marketing Department, a.k.a The Spawn of Satan. Dara was lucky enough to be hired as her assistant, and be able to keep her job for more than two years. Her boss has the highest turnover rate in terms of assistants. Minzy,  the assistant who came before her stayed for two short months. Too bad, Dara really needed the job,  that she can’t quit no matter how much she wanted to.

“Good morning? Have you  seen Mr. Song’s email?” Ms. Lee stood up and came closer, her arms crossed across her chest. She has a scowl on her face. THIS IS BAD.

 

“A-actually, not yet ma’am. I was just starting to check my email before you called me.” Dara stuttered, with her head bowed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter