I Am Kwon Ji Yong's Girlfriend

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara handed the cash to the driver with shaking hands. To say that she is nervous would be an understatement. This by far, would be the bravest AND most stupid decision she’s made in her life. She hurriedly approached the receptionist at the lobby. The woman is tall, pretty and has a pleasant way of speaking, but when Dara told her she came to see Jiyong and YG, the receptionist gave her a pointed look.

“Ma’am, I apologize but you need to make an appointment to see them. I checked Mr. Yang’s and Mr. Kwon’s schedule, you’re not listed on them. Kindly see yourself out, thank you.” The woman ended with a forced smile.

Why am I a magnet of beautiful, rude people? Agh.

“Think Dara, think. You have to get into that press conference. You have to.” Dara told herself, trying to fight the feeling of helplessness.

She decided to go to the comfort room and wash her face, thinking it would wake up all her sleeping brain cells. Just as she was wiping her face dry, a woman with a Visitor’s Pass pinned on her shirt occupied the sink beside her.  She willed herself to talk to her.

“Hi, is there an event here?” She tried to sound as nonchalant as she can.

“Yeah, it’s G Dragon’s press conference. Can you believe that guy -  in another scandal? His second one in less than a year, tsk. ” The woman shook her head in disapproval, as she touched up her  make-up.

“Yeah, he’s such a troublemaker. He’s lucky the people still love him.” She gave the woman her most winning smile. “Hey, is that a rat? Oh my god, it’s running this way!” She squealed and immediately grabbed the woman’s Visitor’s Pass. 

“Mianhe, I’ll give it back later!” Dara yelled, before she made a run for it.

She took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down. She can’t believe she stole someone’s Pass.

 The stupid things I do to survive. Way to go, Dara (not)!                

----

The open elevator doors led her to a crowded room.  A long table was set on the far left while on the right are seats occupied by the representatives of major networks. Just as she was about to look for anyone familiar, she spotted TOP, along with Seungri, Daesung and Youngbae at the corner of the table. Jiyong is nowhere in sight, though. She waited for TOP to look her way, but he seemed too absorbed in talking to the other Bigbang members. She had no choice, she had to come up to him.

Here goes nothing.

“TOP hyung, I think that girl wants to talk to you. She’s been staring at you. Wait, she’s coming this way.” Seungri said, pointing to the bespectacled girl who was wearing slacks and a white dress shirt.

“Dara?”  TOP exclaimed, clearly surprised. “Well, well. Are you here to skin Jiyong alive?”  the man chuckled. This Dara person really amuses him.

“Wait, who’s she?” Youngbae interjected.

“Was the she the one who punched Jiyong?” Daesung chimed in.

“Wow, a woman who has the guts to do that? I like her already! She looks like a school principal, though.” Seungri  added, looking at the girl from head to toe.

“Uhm, hi. I need to talk to TOP, can I borrow him for a second?” she bit her lip and looked at her shoes, feeling intimidated amidst the presence of her longtime favourites. If she was in another time and another situation, she could’ve been the happiest fangirl to have ever existed. But right now, all she can think of are her bills.

“Sure, but you better tell us how you got to punch Jiyong hyung, we need tips, arasso?” Seungri said, with a mischievous look on his face. Youngbae pushed the maknae aside and faced Dara.

“Don’t mind this rat. You can go ahead and talk to TOP hyung.” Youngbae said reassuringly with smile.

With that, Dara took TOP to the other corner of the table.

“So we meet again. What can I do for you?” TOP asked playfully.

“I’m not here to eat ice cream with you. I actually need to talk to YG and Jiyong about, err, the job offer.” Dara sighed, feeling a bit embarrassed.  

“Chincha? What’s with the sudden change of heart? Are you in love with Jiyong? Haha!”  That earned him a light slap on the arm from Dara.

“I’m serious here. I’m sorry for being so tense, but I really need a job right now. I’m desperate. I got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter