Love You for 10,000 Years

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara got back at Bom’s house around 2 am. The night went smooth enough. As Jiyong promised, he did not try to talk to her about anything heavy. It wasn’t easy pretending that everything was okay between them, but her stupid heart did a somersault when he told that nosy reporter those nice things about her. He even gave her his coat because he was worried she might get cold.

She took off his coat, but his scent lingered on her bare shoulders. As she was draping Jiyong’s coat on a chair, a small piece of paper fell from one of the pockets. It had Jiyong’s handwriting. She squinted and saw a familiar phrase that made her heart skip a beat. She unfolded the piece of paper and read it.

 

My Tokki,

 

If you’re reading this, it means I tried talking to you in person but failed. I’m sorry for being such an . Please know that it really hurt me when I saw you cry…but we have so much to talk about. I’m so confused about this thing between us. I feel helpless because it feels like I threw away what I had with my bestfriend, my love…and now I’m taking the chance to say that I am completely, utterly yours, Dara.

 

Let’s talk. Just text or call me, and I’ll come get you whenever you’re ready.

 

Jiyong

Dara read and re-read the words Jiyong wrote and she felt her eyes tear up.

He’s completely mine?

It was almost morning but Dara knew she wouldn’t be able to sleep because of this. She took out her phone and thought it over. Before she could overthink, she texted Jiyong that she’s ready to talk.  Jiyong’s Bentley arrived in less than 20 minutes.

Jiyong got out. Once he was closer,  Dara knew he reeked of cigarettes.

“Have you been smoking all of the cigarettes in Seoul?”

“I was trying to, but then I got your text.”

They stood there and smiled at each other.

“Can we talk somewhere private? Will my apartment be okay?”

Dara nodded, and they drove into the night. The ride was silent and a little awkward. She can tell Jiyong was nervous, and so was she. When they arrived at his apartment, Jiyong did not waste a chance and asked if he can hug her.

Dara nodded, a little surprised by his sudden request. When he pulled away, they took a seat at the couch and started talking.

Jiyong took a deep breath before he started talking.

“I don’t know what to say first…I guess you read my letter. You know how I feel. But let me just explain that night with Nana. Actually, there is no excuse. I was an and I was thinking with my . I tried to forget you by getting with other women. I was so convinced you liked someone else – Seunghyun. And I was just…devastated.” Jiyong combed his fingers through his hair, trying to piece his words together.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter