Runaway Date

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara knocked at Bom’s door. It was still very early, but she had nowhere to go. Her lease doesn’t start until tomorrow.  Her phone beeped, but she ignored it. She had been getting texts and calls from Jiyong the entire morning. If he still didn’t get that she doesn’t want to talk to him, she can’t help him. She turned off her phone just for spite. The door opened and revealed Bom who clearly just got out of bed.

“Dara-yah! It’s so early!” Still, Bom grabbed her and gave her a tight hug.

“Mianhe, I just had to leave the apartment…and my lease doesn’t start until tomorrow.”

“It’s alright, come in. Eomma just made breakfast.”

Dara smiled at her, but Bom could tell something happened.

After they had breakfast, Bom was in full investigative reporter mode, and asked Dara all sorts of questions about why she left the apartment in a hurry. A bit guilty about not confiding in her bestfriend sooner, Dara told Bom everything without much prodding. Bom was running her hand up and down Dara’s back while she told her story.

“Aish, that asswipe! I’m going to put pee in his coffee!”

Despite the situation, Dara laughed at her friend’s hatred for people who hurt her.

“Aigoo Bommie, let’s not think about him. Let’s just do something fun today. Are you working later?”

“Yes, but if you want I’ll take a night off.” Bommie smiled at her.

“No need..actually, I don’t know if I’ll still attend MAMA later. Dami already got me the clothes. I feel guilty if I don’t fulfill my duties.”

“So will you still go, even after all that had happened?”

Dara didn’t say anything. As if on cue, Bom’s phone beeped. She answered it and her face immediately turned sour. She mouthed, “it’s Top!”

“Okay, okay. I’ll let you talk to her.”

Bom handed Dara the phone.

“I’m still undecided, but you do understand why, right? Did he even tell you what he did last night?...Are you sure that will be fine?...Will you promise me I don’t have to stay with him alone?...Fine….Yes, 7pm. Arasso, arasso. Bye.”

“So?”

“YG found out that I left. They’re practically saying I have to go because it’s part of my job – that I can’t be a runaway date. But Top promised he and the other Bigbang guys will not leave me alone with Jiyong. And that a discussion about the contract will be scheduled wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter