Heartbreaker / Heartbroken

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG’S POV

Jiyong spent his night playing a video game. He just wanted to clear his head and be left alone without thinking much.

Then his phone beeped. His eyebrows knitted together when he read that it was from Dara.

Tokki

 

7:50pm

Jiyong, help meeee TT

He didn’t even bother changing his clothes. He just put on a baseball cap and sneakers and left the apartment, thousands of thoughts running through his head as he drove fast, ignoring the traffic lights. Jiyong wasn’t even sure who the object of his annoyance was, at this point. He’s been annoyed at Seunghyun for no specific reason since he saw him with the crying Dara that night at Jeju, and it got worse when his hyung (lol more like baby brother) asked for Dara to be his assistant. Seriously, Jiyong was up to his eyes trying to be patient with Seunghyun. And Dara, oh where does he start with that weirdo? She has been the source of most of his extreme emotions of late. And what bothers him most is how little he knows about what’s happening inside that head of hers – especially when it comes to Seunghyun. His guess is that she likes Seunghyun – it’s the most logical explanation.

Jiyong can’t seem to process his feelings about that, if that’s the case (which Dara was very reluctant to share with him – another thing to be annoyed of). All he knows is something sure is fishy and that Dara has become his most important ally in moments when he hates everything else, including himself. Just when he thought no one would even be interested to find out who he really is behind the persona he presents as G-Dragon, he met this strange little creature who seemed to like him just as he is. And it comforts him to know that she exists.

Lost in his thoughts, the drive seemed very short. Jiyong arrived at Cakeshop in less than 30 minutes, finding the bar strangely silent. The air was filled with a soft female voice singing acapella to a song he hasn’t heard before. He wove his way through the crowd, occasionally apologizing for trying to squeeze through the already tight space. He craned his neck to look for his Tokki, to no avail. Dara was not responding to his texts either.

 

Jiyong to Tokki

 

7:55pm

Tokki Ii’m OMW hang on

 

8:00pm

Hey I’m here eodiya?

 

8:01pm

????

 

8:02pm

YAHHHH???

 

I’m going to kill Seunghyun.

Jiyong had several violent thoughts in his head, until he finally caught a glimpse of the elusive rabbit. She was on stage, singing. Top was beside her (ugh), swaying a little side to side, looking thoughtful. He immediately stopped midway and just stood glued to his spot, which is already quite near the stage. It felt like an out-of-body experience for him. He didn’t know Dara could sing like that, so soft yet painfully emotional. It tugged at his heart.

When she sang:

Why do good girls like bad boys?

Why do bad boys like bad girls?

 

That’s why I love you

But why don’t you know my heart?

 

It squeezed his heart. It made him wonder who hurt his precious, innocent Tokki like that.

His? Tokki?

Jiyong wanted to scoff and laugh at his own thoughts. He can’t be serious. He just can’t be jealous of that unknown guy out of the blue. His own feelings confused him. He’d never felt so protective and tender towards someone. Yes, he’d had his share of women, but most of them inspired a physical response, but not like this. And he couldn’t take his eyes off of her even if he tried.

When Dara finally caught his eye, it felt like he saw her for the first time. Their eyes were talking in a language unknown to him, it almost felt like a spiritual experience. He didn’t even feel embarrassed that he was caught staring. A part of him wanted her to know.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter