PAST IS PAST

THE IMPOSTORS

The next morning Joohyun just finished her task in the market. She struggles to carry the plasric bags since Taehyung used to help her with this task a month before. Luckily Changsub came and offered her for a ride at home.

She refused at first but later on she realized she really do needs his help. Not because she remembered Taehyung was with she thought his wife but because its impossible for her to carry the plastic bags on her own.

Changsub opened the front door for her and also the trunk. She carried 2 plastic each and realized that Changsub isn’t helping her. He’s just inside the driver’s seat waiting for Joohyun to finish. 

“Aren’t you going to give me a hand with this bags?” -Joohyun asked him.

Changsub sighs. “Joohyun-aa you know I like you but I can’t touch those bags with my hands. Those were touched by people in the market. We don’t know how much bacteria does each bags have.” -He said.

Joohyun just rolled her eyes. How could she end up asking a favor with a man who can’t even help her when she struggles. She was able to sit in front but before she could pull her seatbelt Changsub took her wrist and sprayed some sanitizer on both of her palm. 

“So where’s your boyfriend again? Why isn’t he helping you with this stuffs?” -Changsub said as his eyes are focus on the road. 

Joohyun sighs and rest her head against the window while she shuts her eyes. “Shut your mouth I don’t wanna talk about him.”

“You’ll not going to ride my luxury car anyway if you guys are still together.” -Changsub said being too confident again around Joohyun but it just made her more irritated so she pulled Changsub’s tie really hard almost choking him as he held her wrist with his other hand to stop her.

“this is my last warning. Shut your mouth.” -Joohyun warned with a glare.

“Ne.” -Changsub said between his coughs after Joohyun released her hands from his tie.

Joohyun and Changsub arrived at her home and just like what she expected she’s the only one who carried the bags from the trunk. As soon as she enters her home she found Taehyung seated opposite to Taeyeon and Haechan. He attempted to smile but a quick refusal marked his face as soon as he saw Changsub appeared behind her. 

Taehyung knew she just came from the market so he decided to volunteer in helping her to put the bags inside. He realized that she was with Changsub since the bags are in the trunk of his car but he still managed to carry them inside with a heavy heart because he knew Joohyun can’t.

As soon as he drop the bags on the kitchen Changsub intentionally took his seat and pulled Joohyun beside her. She tried to withdraws her hand but his grip was too tight and it was so sudden that she can’t keep her balance anymore. 

“Excuse me.. But that seat is taken.” -Haechan said.

“Kwenchana Haechan-aa.. I have to leave.” -Taehyung responds.

Changsub ignored both of them and started to scoop some foods making himself comfortable inside Joohyun’s home. He want to ignore how perfect Taehyung looked today and he can’t deny he’s completely different from the first time he meet him.

Joohyun rushed outside her home and run after Taehyung who’s already 20 steps away from her. He found him kicking evey household’s garbage can in frustration even if he walks while both of his hands are in his pocket. 

Joohyun run towards him and grabbed his elbows. Their eyes met and both of them doesn’t want to look away from each other. “A..aren’t you going to have lunch first?” -Joohyun asked him. She realized that despite wearing something expensive and looking neat Taehyung’s eyes arw droopy and a little bit swollen, its also obvious that he lost some weight and his eyebags arw more visible now that she had a closer look.

Taehyung brushed off her hands from his elbow. “I lost my appetite.” -Taehyung said and he turned his back while walking away from her.

She didn’t stop him anymore. She could feel that he is jealous but she would intentionally erase the thought of it. Since Taehyung is married and it’s impossible for him not to fall in love with his wife.
--
Taehyung decided to meet Johnny only to have some he could enjoy a drink with. Johnny arrived within less than an hour and found Taehyung grilling some pork. He realized that he’s staring blankly and the meats are almost roast.

“Yah!” -Johnny said and snatched the tongs from him. He flips the meat but he failed to save half of it. “This is a waste, what are you doing?”-He even noticed that his glass is already overflowing because they ice have melted.

“Miane.. I didn’t notice..” -Taehyung said as he came back to his senses.

“Tsh.. How could you not notice if the meats are only in front of you.” -Johnny complains.

“This is her fault. How could she invite me to have lunch with someone I hate..” -Taehyung complained back.

“Ok.. So who are we talking about here?” -Johnny asked as he get rid of Taehyung’s drink and pour another again.

“It’s Joohyun. He went to the market with someone who likes her and she even ride in his car.” -Taehyung complained more.

“and what’s wrong with that? Maybe she really do needs some help.” -Johnny asked his friend.

“Then she should ask help from me not from him. Why would he choose to spend time with that guy than me?” -Taehyung said as he take a shot of Soju.

“Well maybe because of one reason and that because he is not a liar and you are.” -Johnny prankly told his friend.

“Okay that’s pretty offensive. Are you really my friend? Can’t she see it to my face that I am also struggling with this situation? I even spend my days and nights in my car just to look after her everyday.” -Taehyung told his friend.

On the other hand Haechan just finished wiping the table and Taeyeon is currently washing the dishes. Joohyun is unpacking the stuffs she bought and Haechan helped her.

“You’re so quiet.” -Haechan told his sister.

“Who invited him here?” -Joohyun asked her younger brother while both of her hands are on her waist.

“I did. He came to personally apologized about what happened he didn’t join us anyway so don’t feel bad about it.”-Taeyeon in.

“Omma I hope that would be the last time that you’ll invite him here. It will be very difficult for me to have him around.” -Joohyun said.

Taeyeon shakes her hand after washing the plates “Joohyun-aa.. How did you found out that he was married again? Cause I didn’t notice him wearing any ring in his fingers.” 

“Omma Joy was the one who told me don’t forget that her husband works at the V group.” -Joohyun strengthened her evidence. “and I have met his wife once.”

“You did?!” -Haechan asked

Joohyun nods. “It was the time when Taehyung and I fought.. His phone was with his wife, she found it on Taehyung’s coat and she handed it to me personally.”

“Okay.. Why would she hand her husband’s phone to another lady? I don’t get it.” -Haechan asked.

“Ah jinja why am I wasting my money to send you to school you stupid. It’s because she never saw the phone that he is using to contact me before, why would a man having an affair with someone use a same phone to contact his wife.”-Joohyun raised her voice to Haechan.

“Miane Noona but Taehyung hyung doesn’t look like someone who cheats. I suggest you should clarify everything to him first.”

“Everything is clear now jaebal.. I don’t want to hear words that will only hurt me.”

“Joohyun is right somehow her evidence against Yun-- Taehyung are strong.” -Taeyeon said as she gave her children a hand unpacking the goods.

“If I only knew who is he by that time. I should have shut him earlier maybe I have completely move on today.” -Joohyun frowned.

--

Meanwhile Wendy is currently waiting for Jhope at a coffee shop away from Yoona’s condominium. He has been calling her several time after they found out the truth hoping that Wendy didn’t get mad at him too.

“You guys are bunch of liars!” -Wendy yelled at him as soon as he takes his seat.

“Fine! If that’s how comfortable you are to address me then I’ll let you.” -Jhope said 

“Are you guys having fun while you make us all believe with your lies? I’m sorry if I feel bad about this but Ms. Im is a family too me and she’s totally hurt about this!” -Wendy responds.

“It looks like you guys are having a fight.” -Yoongi in.

“so do you really have to appear whenever we’re together?” -Jhope arrogantly asked.

“No I wasn’t supposed to approach you guys but Seungwan’s voice is too loud that it striked my eardrums.” -Yoongi said.

“arasseo.. I’ll lower my voice can you please leave now.” -Wendy requested. Hearing him addressing her by her korean name makes her heart raised. His voice is still the same and the way he gazes her hasn’t change.

“Miane.. But I am not giving you the permission to look at my girlfriend like that.” -Jhope said as he grabbed his chin to turn his head to face him.

But Wendy really feels uncomfortable around Yoongi so she held Jhope’s hand and pulled him out of the coffee shop to get away with her ex boyfriend. Jhope send her to Yoona’s place but before she could leave the car Jhope hand her a boquet of flowers that she didn’t notice at the back seat.

“Thank you they’re beautiful.” -Wendy said as she did a light sniffs. Somehow the flowers erased the thoughts of Yoongi inside her head.

“Its actually a peace offering just in case you’re also mad at me, you know I am just a secretary and I can’t say to No to my Boss’ commands.”

“Okay.. I thought you’re a sidekick and that’s completely different from a secretary.” -Wendy reminded him.

He laughed. “Arasseo but it seems like you’re more comfortable pertaining me as a Secretary so it doesn’t matter anymore.”

“Much better.. Anyway thank you for the flowers I am sorry if we can’t have a longer time to hang out my Boss is still in deep pain and I have to look after her.” -Wendy said and so she waved goodbye and asked Jhope to drive safely.

Wendy makes her way to the elevator still her eyes are glued to the flowers that Jhope gave to her. She went inside the elevator and noticed that the floor she was heading to was already pressed. 

“So you’re going to the same floor as me?” -Yoongi said who was busy staring at her reflection on the mirror doors of the elevator.

She was startled that she almost dropped the flowers but Yoongi gave her a hand and it slightly touched hers so she pulled the flowers immediately. “What are you doing here?”

“I am living at the 23rd floor. Do you live here?” 

“No my Boss does.” -Wendy clarified.

“tsh so I live in the same building and same floor with your Boss? Tsh I maybe earn the same amount she earns every month.. Don’t you think?”-Yoongi boasted.

“and I don’t care about it.” -Wendy said.

“At least I prove to you that I am someone different from what you think I am years ago.”-Yoongi said.

FLASHBACK

Wendy and Yoongi has been together for 5 years after their graduation in High school Wendy decided to decline a scholarship offered abroad because Yoongi begged her to do so. She was so in love to Yoongi that she can’t find any reason to let him go.

After studying for two years.. Yoongi became a chef and earned his certificate his parents died at the same day and they left all they have to their only son. He decided to build a restaurant of his own and it was a hit just like what he hoped for it. He had everything.. Wealthy life, y and smart girlfriend and of course the restaurant of his dream.

He started to earn of what more than he expected and just like how every business man fails their business he engaged to various gambling games that later on made himself drowned with loans. It came to the point that he sell his restaurant, his car and even his apartment and the only thing he has is her girlfriend.

Wendy still become supportive to him despite with his lost and failures. She even used her savings that she save since she was high school just to help Yoongi with his debts. Yoongi found a job in a hotel as an entry level chef, it was a new environment to him and he hated it he’s being commanded and he has to work twice the effort and he’s not just used to this specially when she is being dictated.

“Good morning Love, you’ve been staying here for 2 weeks what happened?” -Wendy asked.

“I quit my job.” -Yoongi said .

“Since when?”

“almost a month. Well I am currently finding a new one.” -Yoongi said as he hands his longtime girlfriend some french toast.

Wendy declines the food. She took the oven toaster, microwave and the air cooler. She put some tape to cover their electricity sockets and turned off the main faucet to the 1st bathroom and she locked it. She also take of the light bulbs in some of their rooms keeping it inside her closet.

“Okay.. So what’s happening?” -Yoongi asked her.

“We need to save our electricity and water bill for the next months cause I don’t have enough savings anymore and my parents will send my allowance a month after next month.” -Wendy said as she tidy up her bag and checking which of her essentials will last long for a month.

Yoongi back hugged her girlfriend who’s obviously pissed off with their situation. “Gumawo for staying. I promise to take in charge for the next month. Just hang on.” -Yoongi said

But a year has passed and Yoongi hasn’t find a decent job. His high standards and refusal to accept entry level jobs are usually his reason why he doesn’t want to work at all. 

Wendy was about to withdraw some money for her tuition for the whole year but when she checked her account her savings was no longer enough even for a quarterly down payment. The only thing she could do is to cry and she can’t tell her parents about it.

While making her way to the corridors of the university she realized that if she only still have the savings she might be able to pay for her tuition for the whole year.

“Seungwannie! What are you doing?” -Mina asked as she noticed her unpacking her stuffs from her locker.

“Oh Mina.. Well I might not be able to enroll for the next school year. So I am emptying it.” -Wendy embarrassedly told her japanese friend.

“But why? Anyway.. If you have difficulty financially a University in Canada people is at the auditorium I mean just take the test and see if you could pass the only difference is that you have to study here and not there.” 

“Jinja? Iseo? Gumawo.. Arigato!” -

“No! You can’t leave me!”- Yoongi said as he tried to pull Wendy’s luggage from her so she won’t be able to enter the airport.

“Yoongi Jaebal!” -She yelled and started crying. “I can’t send myself to school if I’ll stay here! I already lost my savings and spend a lot of money and I can’t tell my parents about this!” 

“Jaebal Seungwan-aa.. I can’t live without you. I promise to send you to school and buy your wants and needs just don’t live me!” -Yoongi said despite he haven’t found out yet how to.

“Stop now Yoongi-aa! You will never be successful becuase you didn’t do your best when you had a chanc and when opportunity comes you’ll just going to reject it. That’s what’s going to happen!” -Wendy said

“Fine! You’ll never be happy for the rest of your life. No one would dare to date and love you like the way I did!” -Yoongi said and kicked Wendy’s luggage leaving her alone at the airport.

--
“Yah are you going to stay here forever? We’re on the 23rd floor already.” -Yoongi said as he waves his palms to Wendy. 

She walk away from him as if she’s the only one in the elevator and she made her way to Yoona’s place as soon as she contemplate herself after some memories of flashback.

Wendy just found Yoona seated on the dining table just staring at her food. She’s still in the same position where she left her Boss. 

“Ms. Im you’re supposed to eat your food.” -Wendy reminded her.

“Miane Sec. Son but I am used to eat with someone seated next to me. I mean his this tall when seated and this tall when he stands and I miss him.” -Yoona cried “By the way someone gave you those? They’re beautiful.” 

“Ugh well this is for you. Mr Seo asked me to give this to you.” -Wendy said.

But Yoona was furioused about it. She still see her secretary as her competitor against Johnny. “You mean you see him? How is he? Why did he wanted to see you first and not me?” -Yoona frowned like a kid.

“No Ms. Im, actually Jhope was the one who handed this to me. I didn’t meet Mr. Seo personally.” -Wendy said and she realized she’s not good at lying at all.

“Should I go see him?” -Yoona asked Wendy “I want to know his whereabouts.” 

“Ms. Im if you’re planning to have him back make sure that he’ll be someone who he really is once he step a foot on your home.”-Wendy said.

Yoona nods. “Tell Minhyuk to prepare the car.”