Chapter 29

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

After his shift, Halley had dragged Sehun to Kris’ apartment so she can change into something more appropriate for a drink and party at Wonder. While she was in her bathroom, Sehun was sitting on the edge of her bed, with his arms crossed. He chewed on the inside of his cheek and sighed heavily. He didn’t understand what’s happened to Halley. She acted strange. Even the thought that they should hit Wonder, just the two of them, was strange, and the way she was laughing nervously and when she had thought Sehun wasn’t watching, she changed to a sad expression and her body was shaking lightly. In fact, he noticed all of that. He thought she might miss Lay a bit too much and gone crazy.

She stepped out of the bathroom and threw herself into her chair. Sehun was watching as she quickly thickened her makeup and put on some glittery things on her eyelids. She curled the ends of her hair, then hurried back to the bathroom to change into tight jeans and a simple black crop top. She looked pretty but worn out at the same time. He waited patiently until she was ready, then they left the apartment. Throughout the walk to the pub, she didn’t utter a single word. She didn’t answer any of Sehun’s questions so he gave up asking eventually.

When they’ve arrived Halley trotted to the bar and ordered many shots of vodka. Despite being a Wednesday, the club was packed with people. Sehun was less enthused to shoulder his way into the mob but followed Halley closely. She paid and balanced her way to an empty table at the back corner, Sehun still silently and hopelessly following behind. He pulled out a chair and sat down, at the same time Halley placed a glass in front of him.

“Drink.” She ordered.

“Are you willing to tell me at some point what the is happening right now?” he groaned and drummed his fingers against the table.

“Drink first.” She ushered him and chugged down the content of her first glass.

Halley was a good drinker, not many girls could beat her alcohol tolerance and you couldn’t tell when was she drunk. This wasn’t her proudest talent though. She chugged down her shots and shook her head with a grimace. She signaled to Sehun to wait for her before leaving him there alone. He looked around awkwardly, hoping he would find someone he knew. He rubbed his hand across his face in annoyance and let out a sigh. He just wanted to go home and sleep already, but he was afraid to leave Halley alone since she seemed kind of mentally unstable. She came back with a new set of vodka shots. Sehun shot her a look of disapproval and clicked his tongue.

“Halley… You should slow down.”

“You should drink up.” She retorted angrily and downed another two shots.

“Hyesu please.” he pleaded.

“Hmmm” she chuckled bitterly. “Now I’m Hyesu?” she snorted and reached for another glass, Sehun panicking across her.

Her eyes were glossy from the amount of alcohol she has consumed in a short period of time. Sehun got irritated and gulped down 2 shots of vodka, which actually made Halley happier.

“Yixing went to China.” She stated to which Sehun arched his eyebrows.

“And you’re bored so you dragged me here to drink? Don’t you have better friends?” he inquired impishly. If Halley had dragged him with her simply because she was lonely, he would be very angry. She had a whole bunch of friends who liked to comfort her little broken heart every time she did something stupid and he wasn’t one of them.

“He left 6 days ago, and we haven’t talked since.” She ignored him and continued talking. “And…” she started giggling bitterly. “Before he left, we had slept together.” she finished a new glass.

This statement made Sehun’s blood boil and his head felt like spinning. After all, Sehun lost it. He punched his fist against the table, making Halley sit straight. “And?” He yelled at her. “I’m not Chanyeol or one of your chick friends with whom you can talk about how big he was and how good you felt. Why are you telling me all this, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter