Chapter 10

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

The cold summer breeze dried up Halley’s tears on her face. Her makeup smudged, her hair was a mess, she tried walking faster, however, her feet hurt so much she wanted to throw away her expensive heels.

“That stupid, immature jerk.” Gritting her teeth, she wasn’t sure if she was more furious or more hurt.

Sehun did an excellent job on confusing her feelings. She thought they had made up and became friends again, but his acts tonight were anything but acts of a friend. It was childish and disgusting.

Lay was quietly walking next to her, not sure what to say or even say anything. He wasn’t good in social situations like this.

“I hate him. I officially hate him. How could heeee…” Suddenly, she stumbled and fell down the cold ground. Lay wasn’t fast enough to catch her. Halley cried out in pain and threw away her heels. “STUPID HEELS. I HATE THEM TOO.” Her anger spiked.

Lay knelt down and her back. “You okay? You hurt yourself?” holding the sides of her arms he looked over her body searching for injuries. Thankfully, he saw nothing, not even a scratch. 

“Do I look okay to you? Seriously, Yixing just look at me.” she let out an amused, bitter laugh. “I’m slightly drunk, fell down, crying like a madwoman. I’m anything but okay.” Lay wanted to help her stand up, but she struggled up on her own, grabbed her shoes and started walking barefoot.

“Halley. You’ll catch a cold.” He said diffidently

“I don’t ing care.” She walked faster. The small rocks hurt her feet, she was shivering from the cold breeze. She underestimated the summer nights.

“Halley.” He called her again softly, but she was just too stubborn.

“No. I’m tired, my feet hurt, I can’t wear these trash.” she tightened her grip on her shoes and sped up her furious steps. 

Lay ran in front of her, blocking her way, he lowered himself into a crouch, showing his back. “Get on. I’ll give you a ride.”

“Oh please…” She rolled her eyes and walked past him. “You don’t have to.”

“Halley please. You can’t walk home like this. Get on.” He let out a long breath, but he was adamant. He promised Chanyeol that he'll bring her home so no way he lets her walking barefoot, possibly catching a cold.

She eventually hopped on his back and placed her arms around his neck. She inhaled Lay’s cologne, and it instantly calmed her. She noticed that Lay had this calming effect on her before. Every time she was with him she was relaxed and happy. Her heart didn’t want to jump out of her chest, her breathing was calm, and her palms weren’t sweaty. It was the total opposite of her times with Sehun.

 

“I’ll explain.” She murmured into Lay’s ear which sent chills down his spine.

“You don’t have to explain to me anything.” He answered, knowing there is something deep problem between the two. He didn’t want to pressure Halley.

“You’re carrying me home, on your back. The least you deserve is an explanation of my ed up relationship with Sehun.” She tried to swallow her rage, then continued. “So… You know my father passed away.” she started with a heavy heart.

“Yes.” He nodded.

“My mother got married again. The guy’s name was Taehwan, and he was a kind and funny man. I really liked him at first. Not long after their marriage my mother had gotten pregnant and my little brother, Hosung, was born. We had lived happily. We had gone on vacations and done things like any family does. Then something changed. I don’t know what. Taehwan had gotten aggressive. He started drinking on a regular basis.” she stopped for a moment and gulped down her tears.

She cannot cry over this anymore. “He was always loud, arguing with my mom and me. I was dead scared. I was still a child and couldn’t do anything to protect my mother. He frightened me, so I couldn’t ask for help. Then… Then something happened and… And… I don’t know how to phrase it…” She lowered her voice to a whisper. “The point is… Sehun butted in our family business and we argued about that. I can’t say more… My mother eventually got a divorce, with the help of my aunt an uncle."

She fidgeted a bit with her hands. "But Sehun and me… We couldn’t make up. It was hard for me, because he was my best friend along with Chanyeol. And it felt like he betrayed me on purpose. As selfish and childish as it sounds, I hadn’t talked to him for a whole year. I mean, when I was here I wouldn’t even say hi to him or anything. I ignored his whole presence. The last two years were better though.” she stopped for a moment and had a deep sigh.” We started to communicate more. We always end up fighting, of course, but at least we’re talking now.

A lump in made it difficult to talk. “It’s hard, you know. Losing a best friend. Especially if you have to see this friend daily.” Her voice turned so sad that caused Lay’s heart to tighten.

Struggling to find the right words, Lay was quiet for a moment. “I’m sorry whatever happened to you.” He said sincerely. “You need to know that you are an amazing person. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone like you before. I hope you can overcome your problems and be happy. I’m here for you if you need something. A friend to talk to, a taxi to carry you home.” He peeked over his shoulder and winked at her, which made her laugh a bit. “I mean it.”

“Thank you Yixing.” She didn’t know why, but she hugged him stronger. Maybe because she was afraid she would fall down, maybe she just wanted to feel his warmth. It wasn’t clear at that point. But one thing was crystal clear. She was more than thankful to him at that moment.

 

Lay carried her all the way to her street. A comforting silence engulfed them while the noises became less audible in the neighborhood. She patted his shoulder gently.

“You can put me down here. Thank you.” She slipped on her heels and started walking next to Lay. When they arrived at the door, she inserted her key in the lock. “Thank you for walking me and also carrying me home.” She faced Lay and smiled at him.

“Your welcome. I’m glad you’re home safe and sound. Then… I’m going too.” He patted gently her shoulders. “Cheer up and smile, you’re way more beautiful when you smile.” Then he waved at her and started walking to the other direction.

Halley stood in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter