Chapter 5

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

“How was your date?” Chanmi sneaked next to Halley and pinched her side lightly.

“Stop it.” She rolled her eyes. She was getting tired of her friends setting her up with every boy she talks to.

“You guys are so cute!” Chanmi squealed softly again “This blushing and peeking at each other in secret! Oh, my God! So adorable! I’m rooting for LaySung!” she cheered like a five-year-old who got to see her favourite movie.

“LaySung?” Halley furrowed her brows. Her friend must be insane. She glanced back at Lay and saw him casually talking with Jongin and Sehun. The said man noticed her and showed her a hint of a smile. Halley, blushing, quickly turned her attention back to her friend.

“Yeah. Lay plus Hyesung.” Chanmi responded “I tried with Halley but… HalLay? LayLey? Noooo. Those sounds lame.”

In Halley’s point of view every variation sounded lame, yet she didn’t tell Chanmi. “I thought you wanted me to date Chanyeol…” She let out a chuckle. Chanmi was a hardcore supporter of the thought last summer.

“That was in the past. I’m back to the drawing board. Lay’s the new champion now.” She brushed her long, brown hair out of her face and peeked back at the said man. “Yes. Masterpiece.”

“You’re unbelievable.” Halley inhaled sharply and lowered her head. She remembered how hard it was to stop her last year. Chanmi and Hyejeong made their goal to set her up with Chanyeol. When they had had dance practice, every time they had made Halley and Chanyeol go to the convenience store. They had wanted them to dance together (Mihawk didn’t let them though). When they had watched a movie, Chanyeol and Halley had to sit next to each other. Chanmi even had locked them out of the house on purpose, and they had tried many more things.

“Thank you.” The other girl smiled widely.

“That wasn’t a compliment though.” she shook her head in disbelief.

“I hope he asks you out.”

“I hope you shut up.”

“Hey, chatty chicks! What’s next?” Chanyeol looked back at them. They winced at the sudden male voice.

“Oh! Oh! The T Express!” Halley jumped up and down in excitement.

“Like the previous roller coaster?” Baekhyun shuddered in fear.

“What? No! It’s way better! It’s 56meters tall and super-fast!” Sehun snapped at him. He couldn’t believe his friend haven’t heard about the T Express.

“Thank you for the information Dr Oh Sehun, roller coaster expert, but I’ll pass. I had enough.” Baekhyun stopped and grabbed Chanmi’s hand. “I know you wouldn’t like it either, so let’s have a coffee or something.” The girl nodded and gave Halley an apologetic look.

“Chanyeol?” She turned to him with hope in her eyes.

He peeked at Kris and stuttered. “I…I’m sorry I can’t. That’s too much for me too.” He gently patted her head and stood next to Baekhyun and Chanmi. “Sorry Cassiopeia.”

“Kris?” She continued with furrowed brows.

“As I said… Roller coasters aren’t my style.” He shook his head and crossed his arm. “I need coffee anyway.”

Every one of them refused to get on the T Express, even Lay, who felt absolutely sad but couldn’t make himself to go on another fast and high thing. Halley lowered her head and accepted the fact that she’ll miss the attraction she wanted to try the most.

“You should go with her.” Kris nudged Sehun. “You wanted to go too. Go with her.”

“Nah. I’ll pass too.” He met eyes with Halley. She looked so down, Sehun sighed and shrugged. “Okay. Come on Halley. Try that out, that’s why we’re here, anyway.”

Her face lit up, gave his plush toy to Chanyeol, grabbed Sehun’s arm and dragged him to the queue. Kris couldn’t cover his growing smile, which was totally unlike him.

“Good job guys.” He led the way, and the others followed behind. “I hope it works this time. Now coffee coffee coffee. I really need coffee.” he clapped his hands and led the way.

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

Sehun and Halley sat in a green train, a teenage boy who probably was a summer part-time worker, helped them with the buckles and wished them a fun time. The train started its way, slowly going up. Both of them were extremely excited and fidgeted in their seats. As they reached a proper height Halley looked to her side and could recognize his friends, sitting at a pink table at a nice Cafe. She turned to Sehun and pointed at the small-sized table in the distance.

“Look! I found them.”

“You sure?” Sehun blinked, yet couldn’t see his friends clearly.

“Of course. There’s PinkuPinku too.” She answered.

“PinkuPinku?” He narrowed his eyes.

“Yeah. I named the plushie you won PinkuPinku.” She shrugged and smiled at him. Sehun let out a sincere chuckle.

“That sounds silly, Hyesu. PinkuPinku.” He tried a few mimicking voices and repeated the name. Halley smacked the back of his head to which he laughed even harder.

The train reached its peak point and suddenly went downwards with a high speed. Halley grabbed one of Sehun’s arm and let out a high-pitched scream. Their eyes were teary from the wind, their stomach felt like lifting up and down in their body, but they were enjoying the ride very much.

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

Kris leaned back in his chair and stretched his weary legs. The pink chrome table made him slightly uncomfortable. These cute, sweet things wasn’t his style, but it didn’t matter if it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter