Chapter 18

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

Lay drove back to the apartment and dropped Halley off. She didn’t want to join the others at the beach, she’d rather be alone. Lay respected her decision and left. She tiredly plopped down the couch and fidgeted with her phone. While browsing through Instagram, her kakaotalk kept signaling she has messages. Ignoring all of them, she locked her phone and tossed it on the other end of the couch.

She groaned and got up. Walking to the kitchen, she saw a lonely bottle of vodka standing on the counter. She poured a shot in a big cup and mixed it with soda, lime and ice. Getting wasted wasn’t her goal, but she needed alcohol to ease her mind a little. These past days were tough and tiring. First the partner change, then the accident with Sehun at Wonder, and now Kang Minwoo. Lay must think she’s an insane .

She wandered to the patio and laid down on a deckchair. She had a big breath of air and let it out as a huge, tired and sad sigh. She sipped on her cocktail as her mind drifted back to the awful events that had happened to her in the past. She started hating herself again. She did so much work on her self-love and boasting her confidence, and in a blink of an eye it’s all destroyed to the ground. She felt disgusting. Shaking her head she tried to brush aside the negative memories and drank the content of her cup in one go.

She liked Yixing very much and didn’t want him to think of her as a dirty , but what should she do? Should she tell him all the terrible things that happened to her in the past? Should she tell him that she had problems? That she had to go to therapy because she was a depressed mess? No way. She has been successfully keeping it as a secret. Even Chanyeol doesn’t know a thing about it. She was afraid if she would have talked about it, that would worsen her condition. Nowadays she feels happy and fine, and she hasn’t thought about anything damaging and devastating.

As the wind was silent and motionless, the sun was getting hotter and hotter every moment. It was becoming intolerable, so she walked towards the pool and sat down on the edge. She let her legs swing lazily in the glistening cold water to cool her down.

“May I join?”

The sudden low male voice startled her. She peeked beside her as Chanyeol sat down. Halley didn’t say a word, just diverted her gaze ahead.

“Hey.” Chanyeol nudged her with his broad shoulder. “What’s with the long face?”

“Nothing.” She shrugged.

“Why are you here alone? I was waiting for you and sent you at least a hundred messages. Why are you ignoring me?” he whined.

She sighed and lowered her head. “Sorry.”

Chanyeol’s face softened as he saw how bitter she looked. “What’s wrong?”

“I think you are aware of what happened.” She answered.

He let out a nervous laugh. “Actually. Yes. Lay panicked that you were sad and didn’t know what to say or do to cheer you up.” He stopped for a moment, then continued with an ear-to-ear grin. “That’s when the one and only happy virus Park Chanyeol came.”

She gave him a side glance. “Well, Mr happy virus, I’m vaccinated. I want to be alone and sulk in despair.”

“Sorry, I can’t let you do that. It’s our last day. Come on Scutum.” he nudged her continuously.

“Another one?” she shook her head in disbelief. How does he come up with a new constellation every damn time?

Chanyeol nodded proudly. “Scutum is a small constellation, not too bright, its name is Latin for shield. It suits you right now. You think you’re shielding yourself from humiliation and bad energy by sitting here alone, but actually you’re drowning right now and you’re isn’t even in the water.”

She snorted and rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”

“Go, change. I let you wear your y swimsuit with the side cut and stripes and .” he shook his hand in front of her face. “God help so Kris won’t know about it.”

“Chanyeol. Please. Just leave.” She cried out. Not that she doesn't want to be with her friends, but she can't face Sehun right now. Or Lay.

“Halley.” He called her in her real name. She knew their conversation will turn serious now. “Are you angry with Sehun?”

“No. I’m sad. I want him to be my friend again. I’m tired of this bull that we are in.” She looked at Chanyeol with teary eyes. “But he doesn’t make it easy. He would tell me hurtful things and do stupid to hurt me all the time.”

“I don’t think it’s intentional. He’s trying too.”

Halley rolled her eyes again.

“Do you remember when I told you he has been acting strange for a while?” Chanyeol splashed the water with his long legs. Halley nodded. “He told me  things... Like he's fighting with his father and that her mother isn’t doing well lately.”

She gasped. That’s answers everything. Sehun loves her mother. She is the closest family member to him. The relationship with his father isn’t the best, you can say. He doesn’t have siblings, his grandparents had passed away, except her grandmother from his father’s side. He has been protecting her mother from everything. He helps a lot at home, he is studying hard to earn good money in the future. He even gave up his dream to become a dancer.

“Try to be a bit more understanding with him, please. I think he’s under a lot of stress right now.” Chanyeol smiled at her and patted her shoulder. “Now go and change. I bring you to the beach.”

So Halley went and put on her y, black, side cut swimsuit just to annoy the hell out of Chanyeol.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter