Chapter 13

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

Two cars, packed with people, bags and alcohol, started their ways to Eurwangni beach, near Incheon. The first car was filled with light laughter and chatting. Chanyeol was driving, Baekhyun was sitting in the passenger’s seat. Halley, Chanmi and Lay were sitting in the backseats. With a loud honk and buzzing music, a blue Audi Suv passed by them. Jongin, Sehun, Yuna, Hyejeong and Mina were waving and shouting like crazy in the other car. Chanyeol rolled his eyes in irritation and sped up.

“Well… That lil thinks it’s a competition. Let’s see who’ll be the winner! Yaaaaay!” he shouted excitedly and sped up even more.

After a good two-and-a-half-hour ride, the cars parked at a two story building; they got out and stretched their numb limbs. Jongin opened the front gate, then the entrance door, Chanyeol and Baekhyun started packing out their bags, and the boxes of beverages. The house looked better than the last time they were there. The walls of the hall were white and clean, in the living area there were new furniture and new, clean rugs. While the others were packing their stuff, Sehun leisurely sat on one of the three couches and let out a sigh as he put his legs on the coffee table.

“Don’t be a jerk!” Hyejeong told him off. “Go and bring the boxes! Be a man!”

“Okay okay, sorry my lady.” he shook his head and got off.

Lay put two bags on the couch. His heart swelled with admiration as his glance took in the living room. Three black leather couches, a mahogany coffee table, a huge television on the wall, fluffy, grey rug, a grand chandelier; this place was indeed incredible. He moved over to the stone fireplace and examined the family pictures on the shelf. Jongin was a cute kid, he noted. His gaze stopped at a grand piano standing lonely at the corner. Beautiful, he thought to himself; musical instruments easily mesmerized him. Chanyeol and Baekhyun barged into the kitchen with many bottles of alcohol and put them on the enormous dining table with a loud thud. On the first floor besides the living room, there was the kitchen, the dining area and a bathroom; there were two rooms with 3 single beds, and a door which led to the garden. Lay peeked out the window and could see a grill, tables, chairs and a swimming pool. A swimming pool, right next to the sea. He chuckled to himself. Rich people are something else.

He went up the stairs and looked around. He was in some kind of game room. Darts, a billiard table, a large TV with an XBOX, this house got everything they need to have fun. On this level there were also two rooms with 3 beds, the masters’ bedroom, and two smaller bathrooms.

“Wow, with the new furniture the house is really gorgeous.” Yuna looked around.

“Yes, it must cost a fortune.” Mina gazed on the crystal chandelier in the living room.

“Okay guys!” Jongin clapped his hands. “You can choose your rooms. The master’s bedroom is locked so no one can have in my parents’ bed.”

“Ewww you’re gross!” Chanmi flinched.

“I don’t want last year’s incident to happen ever again…”

“It’s not our fault that your freak friends from high school were disgusting jerks…” Chanyeol defended themselves.

“Yeah exactly, don’t blame that on us.” Hyejeong jumped in.

“Anyway, choose a room, grab a towel and let’s go to the beach!” Jongin was the first one walk into a room on the second floor, which he eventually shared with Sehun and Lay. Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared a room on the same level, so the girls stayed on the first floor.

 

 

“REAAAAAAADY!” Running down the stairs, Sehun bumped into Halley who nearly fell down.

“HEY! STOP RUNNING LIKE AN IDIOT MONKEY, WE AREN’T READY ANYWA..” three more monkeys rushed in Sehun’s way, interrupting Halley and thanks to them she almost lost her balance once again. Shaking her head, she let out a sigh. “Ah… Never mind.”

“They’re just excited. We haven’t been to the beach since last summer.” Yuna stepped in the living room with Lay.

“They’re immature and childish.” shaking her head in disbelief, she followed the boys.

 

The beach was a 10-minute walk from the house. As soon as the boys’ feet touched the smooth, hot sand, they dropped their bags and started running into the jewel-blue sea with loud animal-like screams. The girls peeked at each other and burst out laughing. The dazzling sunlight and the lightly blowing wind made the temperature perfect for sunbathing and swimming. The girls breathed in the humid sea air and sighed. It was so peaceful, even with many people around them.

Hyejeong took out a huge pineapple-printed blanket and sat down. “They grew into quite handsome men.” she saw the boys splashing water onto each other’s face, jumping on each other’s back, she even heard some foolish comments they made.

“Yeah, I think so too. I remember them back in the days, making trouble and mess.” Chanmi gathered the boys’ bags, then took out their towels.

“They’re doing the same, aren’t they? I mean… making trouble and mess.” while talking, Halley fished out her phone to check the messages from her mother. Her brother’s birthday is around the corner and she desperately needed her mother’s opinion on what to buy for him.

“You have a point.” Hyejeong nodded as she shifted her attention back to the boys. “I’ve never thought Sehun would be this tall and handsome. He was so small and thin. Look at him now! Puberty really did a good job on him.”

Writing a message, Halley absentmindedly reacted to Hyejeong. “I don’t know. Think he was cute as a child.”

“Oh wow. Didn’t see that coming.” Hyejeong fake-gasped.

“So you think he was a cute child?” Yuna asked in a cheeky voice. Halley looked up from her phone, bewildered.

“Well… Yeah. He was. Kind of.” she put down the phone and grabbed a water bottle to have a sip.

“What about now?” Hyejeong sneaked beside her and poked Halley’s side.

“What do you mean?” she furiously gulped down half the content of the bottle.

“Do you think he’s cute? Handsome? Funny? Maybeeee aaaay?” Hyejeong grinned widely and shook her shoulders.

“What’s with these questions?”

“Oh come on, just answer.” Hyejeong nudged her shoulder.

“I-I don’t know.” she was flustered because of the random interrogation. “I mean… We… We aren’t that close anymore, most of the time he’s grouchy when he’s with me, but I admit he became handsome… I guess…”

“So you admit he’s handsome… I see…” Hyejeong’s smile reached her eyes.

“Your point is…?” Halley glowered at the other.

“Nothing… Nothing... You know I’m a LaySung shipper so I don’t have points on this one.” Defending herself, she threw up her hands.

“God… You’re unbelievable…”

Suddenly, five running males interrupted their chit-chat.

“WE’RE NOT HERE TO SUNBATHE ALL DAY! COME ON LADIES! GET IN THE WATER” Chanyeol was the first one to reach them and his target was definitely Ahn Halley.

“YAH PARK CHANYEOL! I DARE YOU TO TOUCH ME AND I BREAK YOUR ARMS!” It was too late to escape, Chanyeol picked her up, made a spin and started their ways into the water.

“Jongin! No! No! Don’t even think about it!”

“Come on Noona! Don’t run away!” he sent her a killing smile. Hyejeong tried casually walking away, however, bumped into Baekhyun who grabbed her and made her go into the sea.

The other girls had no luck as well. Lay gently picked Yuna up in a bridal style and walked into the water, Jongin’s new target became Mina, on the other hand Sehun lifted Chanmi and dropped her in the foam of waves. She gave a long, piercing cry and tried to drown her attacker.

“YAH! Don’t touch me!” Sehun shouted at her.

“Hey!!!! Don’t unclip my bra, you head!” Chanmi smacked the back of Sehun’s head to which he winced.

He scratched the spot Chanmi hit and screamed at her. “I DIDN’T MEAN TO!” He splashed water in her face, so Chanmi cried out.

“Oh Sehun, I promise myself I’ll drown you! Brace yourself you’ll see the Titanic at the bottom of the sea!”

“Rose please! Don’t kill me again!”

They played so freely and happily in the water, even the people nearby peeked at them smiling. After like twenty minutes they went back to their spot. The girls took out small boxes of peeled and cut fruit they brought; the boys rambled to a buffet to buy something to drink. Time passed quickly, and they needed to go back to shop something for their barbecue party. Not before playing a match of rock-paper-scissors to decide who are going to the supermarket. The lucky ones were Baekhyun, Halley, Chanmi, Jongin and Sehun.

 

“Don’t kill each other with Sehun on your way.” Chanyeol hugged Halley.

“Oh please. Our friendship is getting better and better.” as she was talking to Chanyeol, Sehun jogged by them shouting.

“SHOTGUN! SHOTGUN! SHOTGUN!”

“SEHUN, YOU MORON, YOU STEPPED ON MY FO

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter