Chapter 31

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

An hour later they finished their group performance. It wasn’t bad, but in Halley’s opinion she could have done better. She didn’t feel comfortable around Sehun and it could be seen while she danced. With Yuna, they went to their changing rooms so they can touch up their makeup and hair, and change into their next outfit. Halley sat down and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She sighed as she saw how smudged her makeup was so she took it off and brushed her hair. She put on light foundation and highlighter, then mascara. She changed into black dance shorts, black sportsbra and a white oversized shirt. She ed the top two buttons and put on her white sneakers. Her simple outfit matched Sehun’s black jeans and white shirt.

“You look pretty.” Yuna complimented her. Halley checked out her dark blue layered mesh dress and smiled.

“You look even prettier.”

Yuna gathered her makeup and put them back in her bag while studied Halley. “I thought you’d be wearing a dress too.”

She shook her head. “Nah, we thought it looked ridiculous on me when I tried dancing in a dress. This fits better with our concept.”

“Nevertheless, you look beautiful. Good luck Halley.” she punched in the air and Halley mimicked her motions.

“Good luck you too.” they hugged each other and Halley checked herself in the mirror one last time. “I go now, it’s almost our turn with Sehun.”

“Oh, I finish packing quickly and go cheer on you.” Yuna giggled and grabbed her clothes to fold them.

Halley felt her heart stop when she opened the door and Sehun stood there in all of his infuriated glory. She contemplated whether she should close the door and just hide under the table, or ran away from him. Sehun didn’t leave much choice for her when he spoke up.

“I think we should practice our dance one more time.” His intense glare pierced Halley.

She just shrugged but Sehun grabbed her arm and pulled her over, dragging her with him. Halley tried to oppose all the way as Sehun successfully brought her to a bigger storage room. He closed the door and turned Halley to face him.

“We should talk.” he stated with flaming angry eyes.

“I don’t think so.” Halley wrenched backwards, away from his grip.

“Oh Missy, we definitely SHOULD talk.” his voice went up an octave as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Halley tried to ignore his dark eyes so looked down and fidgeted. “Then talk.” she told him softly.

“Okay. I talk. What are we now?” he asked, his tone was as cold as ice.

She dreaded this conversation. “What do you mean?” she asked even though she knew exactly what he was referring to.

“Hyesu. You kissed me. You initiated a kiss at Wonder.” his finger ran through his hair as he his lips in annoyance. “We ing made out then you ran away. And the next day you act like nothing had happened. Am I a ing jerk who you can toy around?” he raised his voice angrily but his eyes weren’t able to hide his sadness.

Her sharp gaze softened. “Of course I don’t toy around you. It’s just… I don’t know. I needed to sort things out.”

He let out a snort and shook his head. “Well congrats, that was a ing amazing way to sort things out.”

“Well, your way wasn’t better either.” she retorted and crossed her arms over her chest.

Sehun let out an irritated sigh. “Oh come on. Every time we start to get close to each other either I up something or you start blabbing about the past. I thought we were over that.” he rolled his eyes and his lips again.

“Sorry, seems like I tend to hold grudges.” she rolled her eyes and walked to the door. She grabbed the door handle when Sehun spoke again. She couldn’t catch what he said so pushed the handle.

“I said it was hard for me too!” Sehun shouted angrily and ruffled his hair. He was so pissed off he couldn’t take Halley’s anymore. It’s time to close this down forever. “You were my best friend. My ing best friend. I told you everything in the world. I told you about my parents, my ing secrets, things that bothered me. I could count on you every time.” His voice cracked a little so he continued more quietly. “And I had to witness that your stepfather had abused you. Do you know how ing serious is this? I was a ing child too…”

Her moves froze for a moment then she slowly turned around and saw him staring at her. “I…” Halley started but Sehun interrupted her fumingly.

“No! Listen to me for once. I had seen an awful event and it affected me as well. I was scared. Oh , I was scared to death. I didn’t understand what had happened. I didn’t understand why your father beat the out of you that way. I didn’t understand how he could do such a thing to his step-daughter who he should have loved. Even my father didn’t beat me up like that. I wanted to tell my mother or Kris’ mother, I wanted to ask for help. But you… You didn’t let me and, you were so angry… at me… I…” he paused for a moment to gather his thoughts while paced in the room. “I still don’t know why. It wasn’t a little spank for a naughty child. I begged you to tell at least your mother. It was painful to watch you cry. I didn’t know what to do.”

“You should have done nothing.” She gritted her teeth and felt sick to her stomach. The awful memories of her childhood came rushing back. She tried to hide the shaking of her hands so she placed them behind her.

“Hyesu. Don’t say that.” he took a step closer. He reached out his hand as if he wanted to touch her but stopped midway and let it fall down. “He was a terrible human being.” he rememb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter