Chapter 7

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

“5,6,7,8” Mihawk started counting.

He had finished the choreography and the group has learnt it already. They just needed to practice making the moves more effortless, yet tight at the same time.

“Girls to the left, hip ! Okay! Timing, timing! Watch your timing! Good. Now tumbling! Great, that was good Lay! Mina stand in line! Okay. Pose! Pam Pam Pam! Gooood!” clapping, he stopped the music, the dancers were panting heavily. “Something feels odd.” his eyes were darting around the group. “Stand in position please.” they did what he asked. He tapped his chin and lost in his thoughts. “Okay. Let’s try this. Sehun and Lay change partners.”

“Wait, what?” Halley gasped in fear. No way will she dance with Oh Sehun. “Let’s not do something so crucial.”

“Yeah, I agree with her. It’s a rare occasion though.” Sehun jumped in the conversation. On the other hand, Lay and Yuna were as quiet as a mouse. The air crackled with the tension.

“Come on, guys. The whole image looks odd. Halley is taller than Yuna and Lay is shorter than Sehun. If you change partners, the choreography will look more pleasant.”

“Taller? Oh my God, it’s only, what? Like 3 cm or something. It’s not that much! Barely noticeable.” whining desperately, she brushed her hair off her face.

“Not to mention we are at different sides. They memorized most steps mirrored. The directions are different too.” Sehun made his points as well.

“Also I can’t do my best with him!” she crossed her arms over her chest.

“I agree again! I’m better with Yuna! I’ll fail because of Halley!”

“Woah cut it brat! I’ll fail because of you!”

“You dance like an itchy monkey.” Sehun snorted.

“At least I don’t look like a monkey!” she returned.

Mihawk was persistent. “Go to Sehun, Halley.”

“I don’t want to! I want to dance with Yixing!” she crossed her arms and looked pleading at the teacher. She felt her anger boiling up as she peeked at Sehun.

“Should I remind you that you’re a guest here and I’m the choreographer? What matters is my opinion, not yours. In my opinion you have to change partners. You know I like you very much, but don’t be a brat and do as I said. Don’t pull back the crew and go to Sehun or leave the practice room. There are many girls in my classes who can replace you any time.” his voice was stern. He had a cold gaze, which sent chills down Halley's spine.

Halley raised a hand only to let it fall away at her side, “I’m sorry.” she lowered her head and stepped next to Sehun. Mihawk offended her, and she had to fight back her tears. He was right at some point. Sehun looked at her and his lips in annoyance. He didn’t like the situation at all, not even this year.

“Okay, ten minutes' break. You guys talk over the changes.” Mihawk left the room to get some fresh air.

Halley and Yuna showed each other the moves, which were different and did the lifts with the guys in slow motion. When Mihawk came back, they stood in position and the music started. They tried to dance the routine with this new formation. Yuna and Lay did a great job; as for Halley… She bumped into Jongin many times, spun in the wrong direction, stepped on Sehun’s foot and missed the lifts. It irked Sehun. He was watching what Halley was doing, so he missed the beat and made other mistakes. Gritting his teeth, he let out some profanities and sat down on the small bench.

“Okay. Let’s call it a day. You can go home. Thanks for your hard work.” Halley angrily grabbed her bag when Mihawk spoke again. “Except Ahn Halley and Oh Sehun.”

“ing great.” Sehun dropped his water bottle on the ground and let out a sigh.

“I’m sorry, Yixing.” she mumbled. “I wanted to dance with you.”

“It’s okay.” Lay timidly her shoulders. “We can dance together another time. Just for fun.” his smile was so sweet she felt butterflies in her stomach.

“Like… a date?” she flushed red and regretted immediately what she had said. She averted her gaze in embarrassment. How could she be so bold? She really has to think before she speaks.

“Well… Um… Yes… I mean… If you’d like to… We... We can go on… a…. a date. Yes.” blushing and stuttering, he scratched the back of his head.

“Oh my god.” she covered her face with her hands “We are so awkward Yixing. How old are we? Thirteen?” she chuckled. “See you later, Yixing.”

“Yeah, see you.” He sent her an adorable smile, grabbed his bag and headed to the changing room.

 

When everyone left the practice room, except Mihawk and the two troublesome students, they memorized the changes step by step. After a couple of minutes, Mihwak started the music. They got the directions right, even the spins and arm moves were acceptable, but every time they had to do the lifts, Halley stopped in her tracks. They tried again, and this time, she froze before the lifting part.

“First of all, I’m sorry I offended you Halley. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” Mihwak her back to comfort her. He knew despite her strong behavior she was rather emotional, and it was easy to hurt her. Even now she was on the edge of crying. “It had to happen though. The partner changes. You were good with Lay but you’ll be awesome with Sehun.”

“I don’t think so.” she glowered at him.

“He brings you up and you know it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter