Chapter 14

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

“Do you even have a tent?” Halley asked with a pout.

“Yep. Don’t worry.” Jongin rummaged in the garage and tried to find his old tent to fulfill his duty as a great and generous host. “There it is!”  He grabbed a worn-out, brown box and brought it to the garden. He put the box in front of Halley and smiled proudly.

Chanyeol opened it, took out a yellow-red fabric and cracked up. “It’s amazing.”

“Jongin, you’re kidding, right?” Halley looked at him in disbelief.

“Nope. It’s a tent.” he said simply.

“Yeah, a tent… FOR 3 YEARS OLDS, IT. How do we supposed to fit in?” She stretched the fabric out and gasped. “Oh my God. It has a hole…”

“Holey !”

“Shut up, Baekhyun!” Halley smacked the back of his head and he laughed uncontrollably.

“It’s a tiny one, don’t worry. And I used it with my cousins. Four of us had slept in it.”

“When you were six.” Mina completed the sentence.

“You two will fit in just fine.” Jongin shrugged and went to get pillows and blankets for them.

“Fantastic.” Defeated, Halley gave up and sighed. “Okay… Here.” She dropped the fabric and turned to Chanyeol. “Set it up Giant Monkey.”

“No way. It’s your task, dear Cassiopeia. Have fun, guys.” His goofy smile annoyed the hell out of Halley.

“You’ll be okay?” Lay asked while managed a weak smile.

“Hope so. Just a few hours. I can bare it.” Sighing with exaggeration, she shot a deathly glare at Chanyeol.

“Okay. Call me immediately if he’s mean or something.” he gently touched her shoulder and gave Sehun a short side-glance.

He was still angry about the fact that Sehun had the other vodka cup. Lay almost spit the water out when Halley signaled that she got the first unlucky one. It wasn’t his lucky day. For a moment he imagined a night with Halley in that tent. They would have talked, cuddled to prevent feeling cold, laughed at the situation, and kissed. He would have kissed her, yes. Well… That wasn’t his lucky day for sure.

“Thank you, Yixing.” she beamed at him.

Everyone went back to the house. Everyone, except Halley and Sehun, the two blessed winners of the night. They peeked at each other shyly and sighed in sync. This will be a hectic night.

“Okay. I set this up.” Sehun stepped forward, grabbed a rod and inserted it into one socket.

He then inserted another rod in the opposite socket. It started to give a shape to the tent, but it looked awful. Halley asked if she could help but got a negative response.

“Where the do I need to put you?”

“Me?” Halley scoffed at Sehun who was under the tent, trying hard not to rip the entire thing apart.

“What? Not you, idiot. This stick, .” At that moment somebody inside the house turned off the garden lights. “You kidding me? WHO THE WAS THAT?” He screamed, still under the tent.

“IMAGINE YOU’RE IN THE WOODS! GOODNIGHT CUTIEPIES!”

“Park Chanyeol! I’ll break your arms first thing tomorrow morning!” Shouted Sehun while struggling with the rods. “Okay. I can’t see . Halley, please turn on the flashlight on your phone.”

“Do you even know how to set up a tent?”

“Yeees of course, this is my favorite activity in the Seoul Jungle, after hunting squirrels and carving arrows.” He said with a tint of sarcasm. Just a tint.

Halley rolled her eyes. “Easy there, Indiana Jones. I google it then...” She sat down on the ground and typed ‘How to set up a tent’ in the search engine. “It doesn’t seem so hard, here, look.” she showed him her phone. 

Sehun had a long breath and let it hiss out slowly as he watched the video, in which a man easily set up a 4-men tent. He was determined to finish his task. He pulled out the rods and tried to insert them into another direction. Halley held her phone’s flashlight in his way so Sehun could see what he was doing. After five minutes Sehun cried out, Halley let out a chuckle.

“Why are you laughing?” Sehun was under the tent again and a rod stood in front of him.

“You look like a unicorn in disguise.” She giggled “Careful though. You’ll make another hole at the end.”

“Just hold the ing light.” He growled angrily.

“Okay okay…Grumpa…”

“You said something?” He stuck out his head and Halley cracked up. “Ah never mind.” As he was trying to put the rods in the right sockets, he asked an important question. “Hey… You still mad at me?”

“No.” She said in a soft voice. “And you? At me?”

“I wasn’t mad at you.”

“It felt like… You were mean to me the minute I arrived.” She kicked a rock.

“Well… The is this little stick?”

“You were hostile.” She continued, then looked up at the sky and saw millions of stars shining proud and bright. She searched for constellations Chanyeol had taught her. She easily found Cassiopeia, the Great Bear, the Little Bear, Orion and Gemini. She tried to find the Leo constellation but got confused, so she gave up on that.

“I’m always mean. And… the … So, I was mad at myself. And… . I didn’t know what to say to you. After all that last year too. Oh ing great, I made another hole. So I said nothing. But I think that was a wrong step and I’m sorry we wasted so much time.”

Halley’s heart skipped a beat. Did she hear it wrong? Is it really Oh Sehun? “What do you mean by it was a waste of time?”

“Not talking to you.” He got out of the tent and tried a different method setting up that devilish thing. “These past days were fun. Of course I like teasing you, and sometimes it comes off mean. this really, I officially hate tents.”

“So you say, you tent to be grumpy?” She let out a soft chuckle.

“Oh God… Baekhyun would be proud of you.” Sehun dropped the rod and massaged his temples in agony. He sat next to Halley. “But if you think about it… You’ll realize that we always had each other’s back. If you had a problem, I was there for you, and you were there for me. For example, last summer, when I had issues with dad. You were there for me, and I’d like to thank you that.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” She brushed her purplish hair behind her ears.

She gazed at Sehun and lost in his eyes. She could feel her heart thud against her chest. Somehow Sehun could make her feel nervous and giddy at the same time. She noticed the small scratch on Sehun’s porcelain skin and smiled sadly. She remembered how he got that and felt sorry.

“I’d like to thank you too, Sehun.  You were always there for me too.”

“Yeah and overreacted a few times, right?” He fumbled his words. “Hyesu. Can I ask you something?” Averting his gaze, he looked up at the sky.

“Go on.” She studied his features. Hyejeong was right. Sehun become handsome. Their eyes met. It sent chills down her spine, and even her palms were sweaty.

“It’s a bit embarrassing to ask, after all this time.” He coughed and spoke again. “So… Erm… You know I… I don’t know how to phrase this.” He scratched his head and turned away, his ears burned hot. “So I was thinking. About this situation… And us… And I’d like to ask you if… Gosh it’s so hard. So the thing is… I… You… We… You know back in the days… but know… Erm.”

“, Sehun. JUST SAY IT!” She raised her voice and furrowed her eyebrows. What was he talking about? What about them?  Why was he so shy all of a sudden?

Her sudden outburst startled him. “Hyesu, do you know how to set up a tent?” He jabbered.

Halley was shocked. Frozen shocked. That was his question? If she could set up a stupid tent? She didn’t even know what she was waiting for, anyway. From Sehun? What? Was she waiting for him to say something nice for example he liked her? That he was tired of being mean to each other and he wants to be besties again like nothing ever happened? Oh God, no way. What is she thinking?

“As you can see it turned out I’m terrible at this Bear Grylls game…”

“Just give me that damn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter