Chapter 32

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

“Coming up next with a lyrical hip-hop performance, welcome on stage Halley and Sehun from Dragon Dance Studio!”

The two slowly went up on stage and stood in their formation. Halley was still trembling and Sehun had quick breaths of air to calm himself. The lights were turned off in the room, only the spotlight shone so bright she squinted her eyes.  The first accords of Lewis Capaldi’s Before you go filled the room as the audience were watching the two dancers in anticipation.

I fell by the wayside like everyone else

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you but I was just kidding myself

Our every moment, I start to replace

'Cause now that they're gone, all I hear are the words that I needed to say.

They started moving to the rhythm. Halley still felt the lump in her stomach and she wasn’t confident in her steps. All this mess that had happened years ago and moments ago. She hated it. She hated everything right now. She hated her stepfather who had abused her and her family for years. She hated herself for letting him do this. She hated Sehun for telling his mother about it. She furiously turned around and ran away from Sehun, doing a body wave with pained expression.

As part of their choreography, Sehun pulled her back, circled one arm around her neck from the back, the other around her waist. It was in a blink of an eye. She thought she hallucinated, but she felt his breath on her skin as he whispered in her ear. It was a miracle she could hear it despite the loud music but it was crystal clear. He said sorry. At that moment something broke in her. A weird vibration ran through her entire body and when Sehun let her go she felt cold, even in the heat of their dance. How could she hate him when his every timid touch causes goose bumps rise on her arms and legs. How could she hate him when he was there every time she needed him, despite not talking to each other. How could she hate him when everything he did was to protect her?

So, before you go

Was there something I could've said

To make your heart beat better?

If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather

So, before you go

Was there something I could've said

To make it all stop hurting?

It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless So, before you go

She ran toward Sehun and jumped into his arms, he lifted her high then swirled her as her body arched over his. The crowd of people were watching their performance in complete silence when they reached the chorus part and their lift. Their stage presence was intoxicating. The sharp but delicate moves. The facial expressions. The passion. They delivered every emotion they bottled up throughout the years through their dancing. They enhanced the people watching them. It wasn’t an ordinary performance, it was two souls connecting through dance. It was their way confessing to each other. It was their way of apologizing. And it was their way to let it go.

They finished their performance with a hug. A hug that was so desperate which they’ve never shared before. They held onto the other as they were gasping for air and both were shivering and crying. After a few seconds they broke their hug and gazed into each other’s eyes. They forced a smile, turned to the audience and bowed.

The people were giving them a standing ovation, and even in the crowd a few people were wiping away their tears. The students of the Dragon Dance Studio were shouting and cheering on them, they were so proud of the two because they performed the best routine of their lives so far. It was full of emotion, full of passion and full of regret and despair.

“Oh my God guys!” Chanmi exclaimed happily. “You were awesome!”

Halley and Sehun past her without a single word.

“Ooookay.” she crossed her arms and followed them with her eyes, offended that they didn’t even acknowledge her compliment.

“I don't feel good about this.” Yuna whispered to Lay who looked exactly that worried as her.

Should he go after them? Or let them be? Will they fight again, because before their performance they were definitely arguing. He was contemplating when Yuna patted her arm.

“We're next in ten minutes. Do you want go after her? I can try and ask whether we can go later.”

He sighed and closed his eyes. “No. They have to figure it out on their own. I came clear with her, I can no longer help her.” he said and held Yuna’s hand. “Come on, we should stretch.”

 

Halley changed into her jeans and shirt and tried to touch up her makeup. Or... It's better to say that she tried to put on makeup to hide the fact that's she's been crying for an hour. Sehun watched her quietly. He stepped closer and timidly touched her shoulder to which her body started shivering again.

“Wanna talk about it?”

She shook her head.

“So... What? You just run away?”

She nodded.

“You can't do this to me.” He said, his voice cracked.

She didn't react.

“Look at me.” He pleaded. “Please Hyesu.”

She peeked at him through the mirror.

“I love you.” It rolled so smoothly from his lips.

“Don't.” She closed her eyes and heaved a sigh.

“I do, so please. Don't run away. We get this. We get through together. I'm here.” he stepped closer but stopped when Halley pierced her eyes on him through the mirror.

“No. I have to do this alone. I can't rely on people so much. I've relied on Chanyeol and Kris in the past years. It has to stop. I have to sort my thoughts and feelings.” She said firmly.

Sehun walked to her and turned her to look at him.

“Okay. I understand.” He really understood her. Her scars were deeper than she thought they were and she just realized it now. She has to heal and this time she has to do it on her own. He leaned forward and kissed her ever so sof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter