Chapter 23

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

“.” she cursed under her breath and slowly turned to face her cousin.

“Okay. What’s this all about?” Kris looked around the room questioningly. Mihawk burst out laughing. “You think I’m gay? And… dating… who exactly?” He wrinkled his nose curiously.

“Oppa. It’s okay. We know and don’t judge you.” Hyejeong stepped closer and patted his shoulder.

“Yes. You’re still hot.” Chanmi nodded but Hyejeong smacked her arm.

Jongin shared their assumption about him and Junmyeon dating. Mihawk was crying from laughter, knelt down the floor and clapped like a mad man, Junmyeon blinked rapidly and couldn’t utter a word.

“You think… I’m gay. Me? Seriously?” Kris chuckled and crossed his arms. “This must be the joke of the year.”

“What’s wrong with being gay?” Junmyeon shot him a serious look.

“Nothing.” Kris shook his head. “The main problem is that they think I would ever date you.” he pointed at Junmyeon, obviously offending the other. “Sorry, you’re not my style.”

“Excuse me, Sir. I’m handsome, kind, polite, intelligent and now that I also hit the gym with you at least 3 times a week and have abs, I’m freaking y too.” he roared. “With my angelic features and your scarry face, we could be a crazy hot gay couple.” he whined loudly.

“See?” Chanmi agreed and grabbed Junmyeon’s arm. “That’s what I said too. I ship you.” she chimed.

“You… ship us?” Kris furrowed his eyebrows. “What does that even mean?”

“It means she’s rooting for your relationship.” Hyejeong helped him understand.

“Gosh. Kids these days stress me out.” he massaged his temples. He still couldn’t believe they thought that he’s been dating Junmyeon.

“If it’s not Junmyeon,” Jongin said. “Then who?”

“Yes. You told me I knew who it is.” Halley pondered.

“Well.” Kris cleared his throat. “I can’t back away now, I guess.” he saw the curious eyes examining him and he smiled to himself. They were freaking cute. “First of all, I wanted to tell you Halley-yah so badly, but she asked me not to tell anyone yet.”

“Oh. So it’s a she.” Baekhyun giggled at Hyejeong and she rolled her eyes.

“Who da ?” Chanmi gritted her teeth.

“It’s Joohyun.”

“JOOHYUN?” they asked simultaneously.

“You mean Bae Joohyun, from Kasper’s class?” Jongin asked. “That hot chick with the y, piercing eyes?”

“Wah, I’ll kill her.” Chanmi jokingly shook her fist, but in reality she was kinda glad. She thought Joohyun was cool.

“God, I love drama.” Mihawk tapped his chin and nudged Junmyeon with his shoulder.

“Yes.” Kris nodded. “She’s been helping me with the studio administration, and his brother went to SNU, so she borrowed a few books for me and… well…” he mused shyly. “We have spent more time together, and it eventually turned out like this.”

“But…” Mina said, confused. “Sehun just saw you with Junmyeon, all lovey-dovey. Cornering him.”

“What?” Junmyeon blurted. He didn’t know what was she talking about.

“Yes. You told him that he was yours.” Sehun added. “And did the drama slam.”

“What?” Kris couldn’t bear it anymore and started laughing so hard, even tears escaped his eyes. “Junmyeon had seen me with Joohyun a few days ago and asked me if we were together. So I had to tell him. Back in the corridor, I was just showing him what I had done when I asked Joohyun out. I was like a protagonist from a drama for sure.” He stated proudly and everyone made barfing sounds, signaling how cheesy he is.

“And what about your date with Junmyeon?” Hyejeong asked.

“Yes.” Halley bobbed her head. “You gave him a Rolex watch as a gift.”

“And when he was at your house, you told him you wanted to be with him until the end.” Jongin frowned, remembering the scene.

“Guys. That wasn’t a date. It was like a… Work related dinner.” Junmyeon tried to explain.

“Oh geez. My parents want to recruit Junmyeon into our law firm. I’ve been persuading him for weeks now. He had finally said yes, and I gave him a watch as a thank you gift. I was talking about him working with me. That would be my dream coming true.”

“Okay okay. And what about what you had told me this morning? That you can’t get married because same marriage is forbidden in Korea.”

“Geez Halley, you have a brilliant fantasy. When did I say it was because of same marriage? Simply, my girlfriend doesn’t want to get married. But I’ll change her mind.”

“Eeeeeeeeeh. My girlfriend heh?” Baekhyun teased the elder to which Kris blushed a little.

“You’re all unbelievable.” Junmyeon sighed.

“So this was the reason you had been following me these past days?” Kris asked them and his lips stretched into a knowing smile. He paused to examine the kids in front of him.

The spy team averted their gazes and looked everywhere but at Kris, saying nonsense things at the same time.

“You noticed us?” Halley hid behind Jongin and used him as a shield.

“Of course. I can spot that ugly yellow BMW from miles.” He chortled with laughter and Jongin scowled at him, offended. “Sorry bud, yellow is not really a camouflage color. Also, I’m used to seeing Chanyeol at us every damn night, but it was suspicious that for days every one of you were at my house, examining me like im some kind of lab rat.”

“I’m sorry, Oppa.” Halley lowered her head. “I just… I wanted you to be happy and feel comfortable telling me anything.”

“I know Moonlight, and I really appreciate it. You’re a wonderful person. Sorry I had to keep it as a secret.” Kris stepped closer to Halley and hugged her.

“Chanyeol will laugh is off if I’ll tell him this .” Baekhyun giggled.

“Aw. Don’t worry, Oppa.” Chanmi walked beside Junmyeon. “You’ll definitely find another man.”

“Yah!” he shrieked. “I’m not gay either!” he looked at the girl insulted.

“Oh ! They caught you.”

“Language!” Shouted everyone at Kris, causing a huge laughter in the room.

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

It was a tough day. Sehun was dead tired. He’s been running from table to table, making coffee, sandwiches, and smiling all day. These past days really out his energy. Luckily 3 more hours and they’re closing, then he has to clean up and finally can go home.  He couldn’t even imagine what will he do when his new semester starts.

Two or three weeks ago he has started working in Minseok’s café as a barista. On his first week, he had an intensive training. A barista should be well-educated on the history of coffee and theory of brewing. He had to memorize the names and tastes of different kinds of coffee beans. He had learnt about roasting, grading and brewing, and tried out the machines they are working with. Then for a day he had been learning all the basic barista skills like how to set a grinder, milk techniques, health and safety skill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter