Chapter 6

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

Halley was the first one to arrive at their group practice. No wonder she came half an hour earlier to warm up. Three days had passed after their successful trip, and they got back to practice and work. She dropped her bag on the floor, took off her black hoodie and tightened her shoelaces. She connected her phone to the huge speaker and put on a slower R&B music. First, she did jumping jacks and light jogging to warm her body up, then did lunges across the floor and splits, then started to move to the rhythm and closed her eyes. She wanted to feel the music and her moves. After spending two weeks in Seoul it was her first time being the only one in the practice room. Last year, almost every night, she had stolen the keys from Kris and came here to dance alone. In fact, Kris was aware of her acts but it didn’t bother him. She felt the energy burst in her body as the music filled the air. It was the best feeling in the world, moving to the busting rhythm, alone in peace… Peace… Say again.

“Hmmm. I’m glad the first thing I see when I arrive is your convulsion.” Sehun stepped in the practice room and dropped his bag to the corner. He was dressed leisurely in Adidas pants, a white shirt and a black cap. He seemed slightly tired, yet good-looking.

“Oh Sehun. I’d like to say screw you, however, I’m a lady so I won’t say a thing.” She greeted him in a special way. She turned the music off and unconnected her phone. The others might arrive soon, anyway.

“Fortunately, your face is prettier than your attitude. Maybe you’ll find a husband someday.”

“Maybe you will too.” She winked at him, Sehun snorted.

“When are you going back home, shorty?” He stepped closer and towered over Halley.

She wasn’t afraid of him. “Whenever I want to, Monkey.” She shot back, looking up to him with anger in her eyes.

“Your mother won’t let you move here, anyway. Just go home. Be with her.” to this statement, Halley rolled her eyes. He starts again with his stupid, irritating speech.

“Shut up jerk. You’ll be surprised soon.” Her eyes ate him with hate. They do this every time when they are together in the same room. Sehun says something to mock her, she shots back. They just can’t leave the other alone.

“Oh, yeah? Come on baby, tell me about it. You’re as scary as a kitty” He glowered at her and stepped so close their nose almost touched.

“Then be careful or this kitty’s claw will meet your eyeballs.” She gritted her teeth. Why is he doing this again? Every year when she comes here, Sehun wants her to go back to Busan. Most of the time she doesn’t even meet him, or talk to him. She tries to avoid him at all costs. She goes to the mall or to the cinema with the girls, she has ‘best-friend-dates’ with Chanyeol. The only times they see each other are the practices and when they go to a club. Even in the club she dances at a different direction than Sehun. She’s tired of the no-end fighting and bickering.

Just then the door swung open and Lay stepped in. He greeted them sheepishly, afraid he interrupted something. He let out a relieved sigh when Halley ran to him and greeted him smiling. She then asked about his day and told him about hers, while Sehun was sulking at the back. Slowly everyone arrived and they were waiting for Mihawk.

“I’m glad you’re here Minseok!” Hyejeong chimed. “I think we have a high chance to win this year.”

Minseok was one of the first members of Kris’ first dance group in the studio. Despite working in a coffee shop, he diligently participated in most of the choreographies. He was a great dancer. This new coed formation consisted him, Jongin, Sehun, Lay and Baekhyun from the boys; and Hyejeong, Mina, Chanmi, Yuna and Halley from the girls.

“Hi everybody!” Mihawk jumped in the room and dropped his bag at the bench. He connected his phone and started a music right away. “First, just listen to this masterpiece, Kris made for us. He should be a Dj, not a lawyer, I mean, listen to this sick music. I love it.” He clapped his hands and sat down. When the music stopped he stood up and crossed his arms. “Okay, so… Everyone pick a partner, there are couple parts, and solo parts. First, we start with the couple moves. Hurry, hurry! Pick a partner!”

Halley asked Lay if he wants to partner up with her, and he gladly agreed. They learnt the moves slowly, step by step, then practiced it repeatedly. While the girls were learning their parts, the boys sat down and relaxed a bit. Lay was watching Halley in awe. Her nice, sharp moves amazed him. She was definitely one of the best female dancer he’s seen in his life. He thought Halley was cute as she concentrated on the choreography and furrowed her eyebrows when something wasn’t as good as she wished it to be.

“Buddy, you’re almost drooling.” Sehun smacked his shoulder.

“Shut up, I’m not.” He coughed out a nervous laugh.

“I know you like her.” Sehun grabbed his water bottle and gulped down the cold water. “I even saw that picture in your room, from the trip.”

“Yeah. She’s kind.” The other said in a quiet tone and lowered his head.

“Then ask her out.” Sehun his lower lip and patted Lay’s shoulder.

“You don’t mind?”

“Why would I?” A suspicious little half-smile curved his lips. “As you can see, I’m not really her favorite one.” His voice trailed off.

“And why is that again?” Lay gathered some courage to ask the question that bothered him the most. Everybody talks about Sehun and Halley like they’re some kind of bomb, which can explode in anytime. Even when they’re present, everyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter