Chapter 30

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

“Hey wake up!” Hyejeong opened the window in Halley’s room to let in fresh air. It smelled like in a cave. Halley just groaned and pulled her blanket over her head. The sudden sunshine hurt her eyes.

Chanmi sighed a little and sneaked beside Halley in her bed. She hugged her and closed her eyes. If she doesn’t want to get up then she’ll sleep with her. The girls could see in the past days that there’s something wrong with Halley. She barely talks to anyone, at practice she was like a robot. Not to mention she tried to avoid Sehun at all costs. She doesn’t want to go out and especially leave her room. So Hyejeong and Chanmi came over to pull her out from the pit of her self-misery. Chanyeol has failed too many times, he lost his enthusiasm.

“Come on Halley. Summer is almost over, we have the competition within a few days and you smell like a pig, and look like a garbage can.” Hyejong stood with hands on her hips.

“I am a garbage can.” she agreed under the sheets.

“But a y garbage can.” Chanmi patted her head.

“Chanmi you’re not helping at all.” Hyejeong glowered at the other. She picked up Halley’s dirty clothes and put them into the laundry basket. She tried tidying up a bit while the other two were snoring under the blanket. “Will you please stop this and come out?”

“Naaah.” she shook her head, sneaking her arms around Chanmi as the two giggled while hugging each other.

“I don’t know what happened to you, since you’re not willing to tell us, but we’re here for you. Chanyeol is depressed you won’t talk to him either, like what the Halley?” Hyejeong groaned and put Halley’s makeup in her drawer. She adjusted the pictures on the desk and sighed.

“Just go away please, I want to be alone a bit.” she whined angrily.

“Okay. Come on Chanmi, it’s useless.” she turned tail and opened the door. Chanmi dejectedly got out of bed and followed her. “Just so you know,” Hyejeong turned her head to face Halley’s bed. “Lay called.”

Upon hearing his name, a cold shiver ran down her spine and her heart felt like breaking into thousand pieces. She shifted under the blanket but didn’t dare to look at her friend.

“He asked how you are… And… “ she paused, contemplating if it was even worth telling her or not. She decided she gives it a shot and continued. “ His flight arrives at 6.” with that she stepped out the room and closed the door.

Halley let out a sigh and shut her eyes close.

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

Lay’s just landed and went through the security process at the airport. He claimed his luggage and followed the exit marks on the floor. As he was leaving for the gates, he noticed a trembling pink haired girl. She seemed so nervous she could break out crying anytime. He smiled and slowly walked towards her, with every step increasing her nervousness.

“Hi.” he greeted her with a beaming, dimpled smile.

She felt a ting in her heart as she looked up on him. “Welcome…back.” she said softly.

“How have you been?” he asked curiously and examined her features. She seemed so guilty.

Halley gazed at the ground and shame colored her cheeks bright red. “Like .”

Her answer didn’t make him happy.

“I’m so sorry Yixing.” she added. “I shouldn’t have left without a word, I was just so confused and…” she started panicking and explaining herself.

He quickly shushed her, lifting a finger. “Halley. It’s okay. I’m not mad at you.”

She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. “Of course you’re not mad at me because you’re such a sincere, kind and wholesome man, and I know I’ll not have the chance to meet someone as perfect as you ever again and I messed up big time.” Tears started burning her eyes as she fought back a sob.

Lay let out a chuckle and ruffled her hair, pulling her closer with his other arm. He patted her back to console her and spoke up. “I think we should talk about it. I left my mother in China so our house is empty. We can talk there in peace and you can cry out your soul. Come on.” He encircled their fingers and escorted her out. She looked at their hands and followed him without another word.

 

She was sitting at his dining table and Lay placed a cup of tea in front of her. He excused himself and went to the bathroom to freshen up a bit after his flight. Halley placed her palms around the tea and enjoyed the warmth. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea. Maybe they shouldn’t talk about what had happened. She had an existential crisis. The hot tea spilled a little on the table as she lifted the cup with trembling hands. She felt like a mess again. She wanted to run away and hide.

Lay entered the room and sat across her. “Let’s talk honestly, I’ll start, okay?”

“Yes.” she nodded and put down the cup.

“I was mad at you. Like really mad.” he started and she felt like sinking under the table. “I felt like you used me and left me utterly alone.”

She fidgeted with her fingers under the table and didn’t dare to look at him or say anything.

“We made love to each other.” he said softly. “Look at me please.” he pleaded.

She lifted her head, pouting, and with tears blurring her vision she tried to peek at him.

“I loved this summer, really. I had a wonderful time with you. Every date, every practice and party. I enjoyed every minute with you. Manly or not, I cried throughout my flight. I thought you were selfish.”

“You’re right. I am.” she voiced.

“No.” Lay shook his head denying. “Actually, you did what I told you to do. I said people were trying and sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn’t. We tried and for you it didn’t work.”

“It’s not that simple.” she cut in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter