Chapter 9

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

“How long will you stay there?” asked Halley his beloved cousin.

In the past days, every afternoon or evening they had practice, either group practice or pair. They haven’t gone to clubs or to eat out together because of the lack of time. Halley and Sehun had finished learning their choreography, however they need to improve their timing and movements. Since forever this is the first night they have a chance to go somewhere. Sadly, not all of them.

“Just for one day. I sleep there today and I’ll be back by tomorrow evening. Don’t be angry, please. I wanted to go with you guys, I just can’t. Wrong timing.” They were in the living room, Kris was packing his clothes into his bag, and Halley was rummaging through piles of freshly washed clothes.

“I wouldn’t be angry if you told me what this is about.” she folded a blue T-shirt covered in shooting stars, moons and planets. “You barely hang out with us, you’re grumpier than ever. What’s wrong? You can tell me!” she dropped the jeans she was holding and looked at him with pleading eyes. “You told me I could have talk to you about everything, but you act totally different if it’s about you. I care about you, you’re like a real brother to me and I love you. So tell me what’s bothering you lately.” she crossed her arms.

Kris let out a tired sigh and stopped packing. “Okay… Eventually you’ll find out somehow. It’s because of my parents. They got antsy because of this case I’m working on with them. They told me if I didn’t do well on this case, they won’t let me manage the studio anymore and I must focus on my studies. Also, they’ll take my house, my cars and send me to US again. How considerate of them.” He scoffed.

Halley crinkled her eyes after hearing this.“But they had made a promise! They said you could manage it until you turned 35. And even after if you take over the family business.”

“Well…" Kris frowned to himself. "They changed their minds. You know them… It’s complicated.”

“It’s ." She lowered her chin to her chest. She knew how much Kris adored his studio. It must be dead tiring trying to protect his studio, managing his studies and  working for his parents. "Be strong. I’m here if you need help in anything." She hed his hand reassuring. " I can help with the studio! I can move in with you and cook for you. Yes! It’s the best idea! I’ll move here and I’ll help you.”

“Chill. Your mother won’t be so happy about it. But thanks anyway.” he pecked her forehead.

“Meh. Party pooper. Speaking of party… What do you think?” she showed him a black tank top and a white shirt with a deep V neck. “Choose!”

“You want to dress into those?” Kris narroved his eyes. He disapproved the idea.

“Yeah. Why? You don’t like it?”

“It’s inappropriate. Dress properly. You’re a young woman and there will be men.”

“No Sherlock, I thought I will go to a convent.” she rolled her eyes with thick sarcasm escaping .

“Wear a turtleneck or something. A scarf or I don’t know.” he shook his hand to signal his dislike.

“You’re such a grandpa. It’s a club concert Kris, I must be y. I can’t go to a party wearing a scarf. Are you out of your mind? Would you pick up a girl in a turtleneck or scarf?”

“That’s the point! I wouldn’t! I’m worried about you.”

“Don’t be. Chanyeol will kill anyone who dare to look at me… I don’t even have a chance to talk to guys.”

“That’s right! Hooray for Chanyeol!” he punched in the air.

“You’re both too much sometimes.” Halley rolled her eyes and looked for her jeans.

She went back to her room, curled her hair into soft waves and applied more makeup than on an ordinary day. She did her best to look gorgeous tonight. The thought of Lay popped into her head and made her blush. It’s going to be a marvelous night. She had made up with Sehun and had talked about a date with Yixing. Kris finally opened up to her and she’s going to a party with her friends. She was so happy and distracted she almost burnt her hand with the curling iron. Eventually she chose a tight, ripped jeans with the white V neck that Kris was against. She grabbed her blue studded jacket and the same blue platforms. She was confident she’ll grab Lay’s attention tonight. She took her clutch bag from the counter and applied brownish matte lipstick as a final touch.

“I’ll go first, dear Oppa. Take care and have a nice trip.” she hugged him tight.

“Take it.” he handed her a brown scarf.

“Oppa. I will not wear your scarf.” she looked at him in disbelief.

“Okay okay. Have fun tonight, Moonlight.”

“Thank you. Message me when you arrive.”

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

Lay was wearing a dark blue shirt tucked into his jeans, and his sleeves were rolled up. He looked especially handsome. Halley slowly made her way towards him and greeted him cheerfully.

“What a coincidence. We are a perfect match again.” she smiled at him referring to their clothes.

“Seems like. Would you like something to drink?” he pointed at the bar. “My treat.”

“Then I’d like something fancy. Surprise me.”

“Say no more!” Lay shouldered his way into the mob.

Halley greeted her other friends and told them about their extra practice with Sehun. The fact that Sehun and Halley will do a couple dance surprised everyone. They were afraid it might do more harm than good. Mihawk has tried this trick before and the two hasn’t made up yet. Their problem was a tough egg to crack.

“Here you go.” Lay came back and handed her a glass. “It’s called The Sleeping Beauty.”

The light blue and light pink drink smelled amazing. She had a sip and grinned at Lay. “Thank you, it’s yummy.” she gulped down her drink and asked him to dance with her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter