Chapter 8

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

“It huuuuuuuuuurts!” Sehun’s earsplitting scream was similar to a dying whale.

They’ve been working on their flexibility for almost an hour now with the ballet instructor, Nara. In the first half they did basic stretching to warm up their muscles; after a short break Sehun started learning splits and Halley was relaxing in various yoga positions considering that she was quite flexible. From a seated position Sehun straddled his legs, Nara was gently pushing his back to the front in order to improve the intensity of the exercise.

“It’s called a pancake stretch.” Nara said in a soft voice and pushed Sehun a little harder.

“Pancake my ! It’s a middle ages torture method.” He struggled to bend further and gritted his teeth in pain. “Waaaaaah stop stop stop it hurts! Don’t push me, don’t push me, please!” He started whining again due to the aching pain in his legs.

“Don’t be a baby Hunnie.” Halley performed a flawless side split; she was sitting in that position as it was the easiest pose in the world. She leaned forward, stretched her arms and her chest almost touched the floor as she let out a relaxed sigh.

“OF COURSE IT’S EASY FOR YOU! I HAVE A PACKAGE THAT REALLY HURTS IN THIS ING POSITION, SWEETHEART!” He cried out loud. It felt like his body could burst in any time.

“Language!” Nara lightly smacked his head. She hated profanities, same as Kris. “Stop talking! Inhale, one, two, three, four, exhale, one, two, three, four. You’re doing good, Sehun!” Nara praised him and his back. “Okay. Good. Now relax your body. Shake your legs and ease your back. Let’s move on! Extend one leg forward. We’re doing front splits.” she clapped her hands and helped Sehun up.

“Again?” the blood drained from his face. “Why are you doing this to me?”

Halley did the front splits and moved on to a harder exercise. She placed her right leg on the bench and was trying to do an oversplit.

“Nice job Halley!” the teacher smiled at her and Sehun scoffed at the same time.

“ing rubber woman. You’ll rip apart in the end. OUCH!” he cried out again when Nara slapped his this time and fell to the side.

“Language! Halley you can start doing pirouettes to improve your balance. We’re doing quadriceps stretches with Sehun.”

“Woah what? Quad not! I’m out!”

He had no choice. He had to lie face down on the floor, with his forehead resting on one arm in front of him. He straightened his legs flat on the floor behind him, then bended his left leg and grabbed his left foot with his hand. Nara helped him gently pull his foot toward his left glute. He shut his eyes in pain and was gasping for air. Nara scolded him and told him to relax his breathing. The practice ended thirty minutes later, Sehun was sitting at the corner, he fixated his eyes on the wall in front of him. He let out the most exhausted sigh in human history, reached for his water bottle and gulped down the whole content of the bottle. It felt like his muscles were burning and he almost fell back to the floor when he tried to stand up. Sehun’s agonized attempts to move amused Halley.

“Come on, Oh Sehun! I believe in you! You can do it!” she cheered like a cheerleader.

“Shut up. Ahhhh it hurts it hurts it hurts. It’s because of you!” his body was like a rag-doll. Limbs swayed in every direction as he finally stood up and began walking to the door. Well, more like dragging himself. He felt utterly tired, he wasn’t use to this kind of exercises. When he has to dance, that’s okay, he can do that for hours. When he has to work out with Chanyeol, that’s okay too, he is in a good physical condition. But stretching? Hell no. His body is like a hard rock.

“I’m not the reason your muscles are stiff as a board. Thank yourself.”

“Why lyrical hip-hop? Why ballet? Why stretching? Oh my God, I’m gonna die!” He shrieked as he stuffed his water bottle and clothes in his bag.

“Uhm. Sehun?” Halley called.

“What?” his arms fell to his side; exhaustion drew his face down.

“I was wondering…”

“Good for you.” He interrupted her.

“No, really. Uhm. Would you like to have a Bubble tea… with me?”

The question was a medicine, all the pain left his body. He beamed at her and nodded.

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

They went to a nearby café Halley suggested, which sells bubble tea, ice cream, patbingsu and cakes, sandwiches too. It has rung a bell to Sehun that he was there before but couldn’t remember when and with whom.

“Hello. I’d like a chocolate one and a mango.” Sehun told the girl behind the counter and handed her is card. He didn’t even ask Halley what flavor she wants, he ordered absentmindedly.

Halley smiled at her Bubble Tea when he handed her. It was really cute of Sehun, that he bought her longtime favorite. It was a warm, sunny summer day so Sehun suggested they should sit outside. They seated at a glass table near the entrance. The birds were chirping merrily, people around them were enjoying their ice creams or coffees or whatever they had while talking or laughing. On the other hand, they were quietly slurping on their tea, while enjoying the war

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter