Chapter 4

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

The Theme Park was divided into five areas, each zone had a theme of its own. Global Fair was the first zone upon entering. The bright colors and fun music lit up their moods, and they were hyped to try out everything. However, the girls’ first stop was a gift shop. They wanted to buy headbands since it’s a must-have if you’re in a Theme Park. Tons of cute colorful headbands were placed in a rack. They were trying on one after another, taking pictures and giggling like little girls.

“Aww look at you! You’re so cute!” Hyejeong put a red devil horn headband on Sehun.

“It really suits him.” Halley walked beside them. “Do you want a cute little tail too?”

“I’d rather want a big fork so I can stab you.” Sehun put back the headband on the rack and grimaced at the girls.

“You’ve already stabbed me in the back Sehun.” She laughed bitterly. Sehun his lips in annoyance and went to another direction.

“Halley… Control your emotions. Let’s have a peaceful trip, okay?” Hyejeong  her back and Halley nodded. She was right. It’s no use bickering all day long.

“Hey Chanyeol look!” Shouted Baekhyun. “I found the ones for us.” He gave him one with a fried egg on the side. He himself was wearing one with a bacon figure. Also, he found one with a small coffee cup on it. “Halley! Wear this and we can be the Breakfast !” He high-fived Chanyeol and they’re were laughing so hard even the shopkeeper sent them an ugly look.

“As much as I’d love to, I have to decline your kind offer. I have better plans.” She shook her head.

“Party pooper! Then I guess it’s just the two of us, buddy.”

“Yixing!” Halley called his name. “Can you try this on?” She handed him a blue headband. It was a unicorn horn with two little ears and in the middle there was a white flower. “I heard Baekhyun oppa called you a dancing unicorn the other day, so I picked it for you. I’ll wear a pink one.” She was smiling brightly.

“It looks cute on you” He chuckled as he put on his. He barely knew this girl, yet she made his heart skip a beat when she put on her headband.

“Smile kids!” Chanmi jumped in with her phone and took a picture of them. “Adorable! I’ll send it to you later!”

After purchasing headbands for everyone, even for the boys although some of them were against it, they were ready to go. They separated into two groups since they wanted to do different things at first.

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

Halley went with Kris, Chanyeol, Lay, Chanmi and Sehun. They were passing by shops, food tracks and tents where you can play games for prizes. Kids were running around with balloons and screaming their excitement. Others dressed as little princesses or super heroes. Families were taking pictures of themselves, enjoyed their summer vacation and there was a heavy smell of food in the air. It was a perfect day.

“There’s the magnet!” Sehun declared. The others looked in the direction he pointed.

“What are you talking about?” Chanmi arched her eyebrows.

“Kris hyung can tell you.” A suspicious little half-smile curved his lips, and the said man lowered his head.

“Sehun-ah please… I’m with a family member.”

“He used to pick up girls with that game. There's that park in Hongdae near Hongik Uni, we used to hang out there and there was a machine like this there.” Chanyeol enlightened everyone.

It was a huge pink heart with lights, tinkling sounds and a big sign said ‘Love Calculator’. You have to put one hand on the screen and your partner’s hand on the other screen, then the machine calculates the percentage of your love.

“How the hell did you pick up girls with this stupid thing?” The fact that the oh-so-cold Kris was a silly teenage boy amused Chanmi.

“Well… If it had said we have a high percentage I asked her number, if it was low then I was like ‘Hey… let’s prove it wrong’” He said seductively. “Then asked her number. Somehow it worked.” He scratched his forehead, embarrassed.

“Gosh… That’s so cheesy.” Halley laughed at his cousin.

“What do you say, Andromeda? Let’s try it!” Halley nodded to Chanyeol and placed her hand on the screen.

 

They inserted a coin and pushed the starting button. The machine was flashing and tinkling, then they saw the huge 51% on the middle. Halley pouted but Chanyeol reassured her it only proved that their love life is a big no, not their friendship. The game literary friendzoned them. She was fine with that. Chanmi asked Kris to try it with her and the man in desperate gulps of air, but agreed. They bursted into laughing when they saw the 89% on the screen.

 

“Oppa, you should marry me!” Her eyes sparkled and Kris patted her head. "I want a big wedding. Omo, a lawyer husband just sounds amazing." she laughed and Kris blushed a little bit. 

“You get a free ticket of hot-dog if you get 100%.” Chanyeol read the sign.

“Isn’t it impossible to get 100%?”

“We don’t know unless we try.”

“We should just buy hot-dogs, we’re wasting our time and money, Chanyeol.”

“Come on Oppa, It’s funny. You’ll feel like you’re 17 again.” Chanmi placed her hand on Kris’s shoulders.

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” The older sighed.

 

While they were talking Halley and Lay already played a round and got 93%. Blushing, they looked at each other and smiled. Her heart race sped up as Lay gazed into her eyes and a pool of warmth flooded her belly. She hasn’t known him for long and acted awkward around him. There was something about him that made her curious. He was handsome and kind. Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter