Chapter 16

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

The girls gathered in the living room, with snacks, drinks, pillows and blankets. Soft, pop music filled the room as they were gossipping while the boys were playing Xbox upstairs. Chanmi was styling Mina’s hair, Halley was giving make-up tips for Yuna and Hyejeong. Time passed, and they started to get bored, so Hyejeong got an idea.

“Hey. Why don’t we play truth or dare?” she chirped happily.

“Well, at least we kill some time until the boys get bored with their games.” Yuna shrugged, and everyone agreed.

In the first round, Hyejeong had to call Kris and tell him she has a crush on him. Kris sighed on the other half of the line when he heard the burst of laughing. Then Yuna’s task was to go upstairs and do thirty seconds of y dance in front of the guys. Not to mention, the boys’ jaws dropped to the ground. She hurried downstairs and couldn’t wait to take revenge on the giggling girls.

“Okay Halley, truth or dare?” Hyejeong asked with a cheeky smile.

“Truth.” she mumbled.

“Aw you’re no fun!” Chanmi leaned closer to her and pinched her cheek.

“Chill, I’ll make it fun.” Hyejeong winked at them. “So... My question is…” she started with a sly grin. “How did you lose your ity?”

“Duh, I had .” she shrugged and rolled her eyes.

“Oh! Come on Halley, that’s not fair.” Mina threw up her hands.

“Yeah smartass. Give details.” Yuna snorted and drank her beer.

“Okay okay. Geez. Erm…” she wasn’t confident in this situation. She didn’t really want to talk about it. “It was nice… I was eighteen. We went to a party, had fun, then he walked me home, we talked and somehow it happened.” she blushed and tried to cover her face with her long hair.

“And? Who was it?” Chanmi moved closer to her.

“Just a guy.”

“Specify.” Yuna looked at her curiously.

“Was it a stranger?” Hyejeong shook her head in disbelief.

“Eww nooo. I had known him before.”

“Then tell us.” Mina ushered her to go on.

“Doesn’t matter who he was.” she looked away, embarrassed. She really did not want to tell them who it was. It was their secret, and they had made a deal to keep it between them forever.

“Do we know him?” Yuna continued her interrogation. 

“WHAT? No. Nooo. You don’t.” she flushed red at that instant.

“When was it? Summer?” Chanmi moved closer to her.

“Erm. No.” Halley was even redder.

“Oh-oh, I believe it was at summer so we definitely know him.” Mina laughed. They were too curious about Halley’s first time. They have talked about their first times before, but Halley was quiet about it. She has talked about her exboyfriend and hook-ups, but she has never mentioned how she had lost her ity.

“Look at her blushing! Who was it? Junmyeon oppa?” Yuna .

“Geez noooo. Stop asking.” She buried her face in a pillow and screamed softly.

“That’s the point of this game. Tell us.” Hyejeong raised an eyebrow. She could sense that something was fishy in this story.

“You have a crush on Junmyeon oppa.” Mina added.

“Everybody has a crush on Junmyeon oppa, he’s perfect, but that doesn’t mean I had with him.” Halley lost her patience. Can’t they just let her be and drop this topic?

“Then? Who? Chanyeol?”

“Ewww no.” she shook her head. No way she has ever wanted to have with his best friend. That was a big no-no.

“What eeewww? He’s handsome.” Chanmi defended him.

“He is my best friend for God’s sake.”

“With benefits?” Hyejeong shoot her a flirtatious wink.

“Oh shut up. No.”

“Then Baekhyun?”

“Nope!” She shook her head again. “When will you drop this topic already?”

“, Halley, just tell us.”

“Yes, you’re being mean!”

“You should have chosen dare then.” the girls didn’t stop whining to her.

“Jongin.” she said in the softest voice she could. Her cheeks colored like a peach in the sun and became dry.

“Who?”

“I don’t hear you.”

“Who’s Hongbin?” the girls looked at each other bewildered.

“I said it was Jongin.” she responded a little louder.

“Come on, say it louder.” Chanmi urged her.

“Say it Hyesu.” Mina quickly added.

“We can’t hear your murmur.”

“Don’t be a and spill the beans.”

“OH IT, JONGIN, JONGIN, JONGIN. I HAD WITH KIM JONGIN. YOU HAPPY? Oh, I hate you ALL.” She grabbed her pillow and buried her face in it again and screamed. She told them. She finally confessed who was the first man in her life. She was embarrassed because all of them has known Jongin for a long time, and she was afraid it will become awkward between them.

They didn’t really plan to hook up or anything. They were at the same party, Jongin came with his old high school friends, and Halley came with Bambam, Jinyoung, Jackson and a few girls from their dance class. She had met Jongin at the bar, he introduced her to his friends, they talked a bit but parted ways. Later they met at the dance floor again. The Dj put on a track to which they had done their choreography that year, so they performed their dance to the crowd and everyone cheered on them. Later, they bid goodbye to their friends and left the club together. They had consumed some alcohol, so they were feeling lighter and dizzier as time passed. On their way they were talking about their crushes and relationships, saying how hard it was to find the right one who you are willing to give your ity. Jongin felt awkward that most of his friends had already slept with girls and Halley admitted it is hard for her to open up to guys in that case, because she was struggling to trust the man species. She couldn’t tell him why.

When they arrived at Kris’ house, Halley had told Jongin that Kris was away for a conference, and he could sleep on the couch if he wanted to. He accepted her offer, since it was already late, and he would have had to call a cab to go home. Halley had found a few cans of beer and they decided to pop one open to drink before they went to sleep. They continued talking about their love life,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter