Epilogue 

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

Halley was frantically rummaging through huge towers of paper files in her office. “Where the hell did I put that damn folder?” she groaned loudly. She carelessly pushed down a few pens and folders to the floor. “Great.” she snapped angrily.

She’s been managing the dance studio for 4 years. (for 2 years with Kris’ helping, for another 2 years alone.) The studio became quite famous. They have over 200 students, 10 choreographers, who also hold workshops in other cities, even in other countries, and they choreograph for singers and even for musicals sometimes (credits to Nara). Halley gave up on her dream, being a professional dancer, because she had found her new dream job. Being a dance teacher and a CEO of their beloved dance studio. (since then Baekhyun and Chanyeol teasing the hell out of her by calling her CEO-nim.)

Kris has been focusing on their law firm lately. He’s, now, loving his job. He’s working with Junmyeon, that really adds up to his mood. He had gotten married with Joohyun and they had welcomed their very first child. A beautiful baby boy, Changwoo and they’re expecting their second child, a baby girl. Halley loves being an aunt. She pampers and spoils her nephew, way too much in Kris’ opinion.

“, I don’t have time for this.” she heaved a sigh furiously as she massaged her temples.

At that moment the door swung open and a man, wearing a black tuxedo, walked in.

“Hey.” he called out softly. “Are you ready? Kris is probably waiting for us.”

“A minute. I need to find the contract with SM Entertainment and have to hand it to Mihawk. They have this new girl group and want us to choreograph their debut title track, and I have the demo version of the song and the single concept. I just can’t find the folder.” she said fuming.

“Have you looked in the drawer over there?” he pointed behind her where a white drawer unit was standing. “Where they’re supposed to be?” he added teasingly.

Halley rolled her eyes annoyed and wanted to punch his handsome face. Of course she has checked the damn drawers, she’s not stupid. She has looked everywhere in the office but couldn’t find those damn papers. She stepped back and pulled the top drawer open. She gulped, and pulled out a white folder with a pinkish SM logo, in which that particular contract should be.

“Is it there?” he asked with a coy smile.

“Who had the audacity to put it here? Shut up, Chief Choreographer-nim.” she gripped on the folder, slammed the drawer close and tried to tidy up her desk a little.

“Come on sweetheart. We can’t miss our friend’s wedding.” he grabbed Halley’s clutch bag and opened the door for her.

“Okay, okay. Just let me give the contract to Mihawk.” she hurried herself, pulled down her navy blue cocktail dress and combed her hair with her fingers. Her full purple-pink hair is long gone. She’s now a responsible adult, a CEO specifically. She has to be presentable and serious. Right? Maybe. Nonetheless she couldn’t give up her love for colors, so in her now brown hair there are quite a few pinkish highlights.

“You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help you.” he said sarcastically.

She stepped closer to him and pecked his cheek. “Thank you, Yixing oppa. I don’t know what would I do without you.” she looked at him lovingly and batted her eyelashes.

Yixing rubbed the spot where she had pecked him and flushed red. “Okay. No need to be that cheesy. I was just teasing you. You look nice, by the way.”

She chuckled at his shyness, he hasn’t changed a bit. She examined the navy blue shirt on him and grinned to herself. They’re matching as always. “You’re not so bad yourself.” she stepped closer and adjusted his black tie a bit. “Let’s hand this to Mihawk and leave.”

Lay also became a permanent teacher at the studio and later a chief choreographer. (Halley wanted Mihawk at first since he’s been teaching there for years and he is really competent, but he didn’t want to deal with administration and so.) Then her other idea was Lay because he’s one of the best for sure. Also he’s really liked among the students.

He helped Halley get through tough times, and helped building the studio’s image. Thanks to him, they have permanent contracts with several smaller entertainment agencies, which supports most of their expenses like electricity, water supply and so. He also helped with the recruitment of 3 great choreographers, who mostly choreograph for the entertainments. Without Yixing, Dragon Dance Studio wouldn’t be a top studio these days. With Halley, they made a perfect pair running the business.

 

 

“Okay, text me if it isn’t working again, and I’ll ring the repairman.” Halley told the receptionist.

“It’s okay Miss Ahn. I can take care of it. You two just go ahead and have fun.” the blonde girl ushered them towards the door. “The building won’t catch on fire just because you enjoy a day out.”

“Sure. I’ll leave it to you then. Oh! And if that blonde man from that fancy fashion brand comes message me immediately!” she smiled at her employee and peeked at Yixing. “We can go now.”

“Finally.” he let out an exasperated sigh.

“You’re looking good together.” the receptionist complimented them one last time before they left.

They both nodded to her, grinning, then bid goodbye. Yixing opened the door for her and lead the way. They spotted the black minivan waiting for them. Yixing, as a gentleman himself, opened the car door too and let her in first.

“Hey my lovely family.” Halley jumped in.

Kris was behind the wheel, beside him, his very pregnant wife, Joohyun. At the back in his baby car seat a fussy 3-year-old. “Our Changwoo-yah what’s wrong?” she tickled his side to which his face instantly lit up.

“We’re running late.” Kris growled. “Jongin will kill us if we miss his wedding.”

“Then you should start the engine.” Halley remarked smartly which made Joohyun laugh. Kris rolled his eyes and sped up.

“Hey, Yixing. I was thinking about something lately.”

“What’s it?” he looked at her anticipating.

“We should make a permanent dance team, I mean, professionals. We have students who are amazing and want to dance as a job. We have contracts with three smaller entertainments and now we have SM.” her eyes twinkled as she was sharing her idea.

“You mean you want to, like, produce backup dancers?” Yixing give the idea a thought and tapped his chin.

“Yes. Lia could lead the team, she manages most of the entertainment’s choreographies anyway. So our students could perform with idols.” she clapped her hands. She was jittery from the excitement.

“Sounds good.” Kris nodded in front of them, approving the idea.

“Okay, let’s bring it up at the next monthly meeting with the choreographers.” Yixing darted a grin, showing his dimples, which she loved to this day. “Changwoo-yah, would you like to drink?” He held up a baby bottle and gave it to him. Kris noticed this scene from the rear view mirror and a thankful smile plastered on his face. They take care of his child with so much love.

 

 

They arrived at the venue, Halley was holding his nephew’s hand while walking in the building. They signed the guest list and gave their gifts to the receptionist. Halley asked Yixing to hold Changwoo, since she has to go to greet the bride, along with Joohyun. They entered the waiting room where there were a few friends of the bride.

“Omo. Soojung-ah, you’re mind-blowingly beautiful!” Halley exclaimed as she got closer.

“Thank you Halley.” She flashed an ear to ear grin. “Thank you for coming. It means a lot to Jongin.”

“Of course we would come.” she laughed.

“Speak for yourself.” Joohyun growled at the back caressing her baby bump. She was in her seventh month; her belly was big enough for two children. Baekhyun usually teases her that she’s carrying twins but the doctor hasn’t realized it yet. Joohyun always smack his head after this statement.

They took pictures with Soojung, then gave her encouraging words and more compliments. They excused themselves as they had to leave when more guests were coming in. Near the entrance of the wedding hall, they saw Jongin’s and Soojung’s parents greeting the guests. They headed there, shook their hands and bowed to them. The parents thanked them for coming and suggested they go in, find their seats and enjoy themselves.

“How is Soojung?” Yixing was carrying Changwoo as he walked towards the two women.

“She’s beautiful.” Joohyun sighed. “She’s pretty and slim.”

“Oh come on, you’re the most beautiful pregnant lady I’ve ever seen.” Halley caressed her shoulder.

“Agree.” Lay added.

“Aw, thank you guys.” She blushed a little and massaged her aching back. She has to sit down soon. “Changwoo-yah, don’t cling on uncle Yixing. Do you want to come to mommy?”

The kid just shook his head, signaling a big, fat no.

“Ewww, whatever.” she grimaced at her son. “I go and find your daddy then. Bring him to me when you’re fed up with him.”

“Not gonna happen.” Yixing smiled at the little boy. He loved spending time with him. Among their circle of friends, Kris and Joohyun became parents first, so Changwoo has a special place in his heart

“Have you seen the others?” Halley asked Yixing.

“Not yet but they should be around.”

“Are you playing babysitter again?” Chanyeol greeted them laughing.

“Hey buddy, have you seen my wife?” Yixing raised an eyebrow.

“She’s right beside you.” he stated, and when Yixing looked to his side, he noticed her wife’s coming along with Sehun.

“I thought you’ll never arrive.” the woman in a tight pencil dress, same navy blue as Halley’s, reprimanded him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter