Chapter 27

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

It was Friday and they successfully finished their practice. They worked really hard since the competition was was in a few weeks, and they wanted to promote the studio so Kris would get new students. As they were panting and relaxing after their performance, a girl kicked the door open and trotted in the practice room, yelling.

“Heeeeey es!”

Sehun stood in the corner, slapped his face and let out a sigh. The pretty, brown-haired girl examined the dancers until she could find that particular person she was looking for. Halley’s eyes lit up with excitement and surprise.

“Shin Sungkyung?” She asked and took a step forward.

“Ahn Hyesung!” the girl winked and showed her a thumbs up.

They ran to each other, jumped into a hug and started screaming and laughing.

“You didn’t tell me you were coming.” Halley slapped her arm.

“Exactly. I’m a surprise.” she nodded and waved to the others. The girls also ran to them and started chatting.

Lay looked like a lost sheep and peeked at Baekhyun. He got the clue and enlightened him as always.

“She’s Sungkyung. Sehun’s cousin. If you think Halley’s a psycho, then you should stay miles away from Shin Sungkyung. She’s ten times worse.” he pointed at the girl. “And that’s exactly why I have a serious crush on her.” he winked at Lay and turned his attention to the girls. “Hey! Sungkyung! Welcome!” he left Lay there and joined the girls.

“The Sung Sisters in action again!” Sungkyung punched in the air and Sehun’s eyebrows bolt up.

“Sung Sisters?” he repeated.

“Yeah.” Halley nodded proudly.

“Hyesung and Sungkyung.” The other girl explained.

“I see many wasted nights ahead of us now that you’re here.” Jongin patted the girl’s shoulder.

“Why are you here anyway?” Sehun asked. Sungkyung was really tiring, he didn’t have enough energy to handle her right now.

“I came to help you out with the old lady. Oh hi!” she spotted the new face and bowed slightly. “I’m Shin Sungkyung. You must be Lay! I’ve heard a lot about you. Halley you were right, he’s dazzling hot.” she winked at Lay.

“YAH!” Halley shrieked and Lay’s face turned chili red. Sungkyung skipped next to Jongin and Baekhyun, and left him there.

“Gosh. She’s scary.” he mumbled to himself. Only Sehun caught his comment and he let out a laugh. He couldn’t agree more.

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

Halley came to Sehun’s house, fully armored with cleaning utensils. She was standing at the door, in front of her a baffled Sehun.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, bewildered.

“Your grandma is coming this afternoon. I came to help, cleaning the house.” she stated matter of factly.

“I’ve already done that.”

She let out a sigh and closed her eyes. “Sehun, we both know your grandmother. What you call cleaning, isn’t even close to what she calls a clean house. For the sake of your mother, we should do it right so Granny Oh won’t freak out.”

He wanted to oppose but couldn’t. Halley was right. He opened the door wider to let her in and watched as she gathered her hair up in a ponytail. She put on rubber glows and looked around the living room. She then walked over to the kitchen. It wasn’t that dirty but needed more care.

“Okay. I scrub everything in the kitchen and you take care of the bathrooms. Then we dust everything and vacuum. After we can tidy the guest room for her.”

Sehun nodded silently and went upstairs. Halley put everything she brought on the table and smiled. In fact, she liked deep cleaning her room and house too, it was a way of relaxation to her. With a damp rag she gently cleaned off any dust and dirt on the cabinets and shelves. She scrubbed down the stove top, cleaned out the microwave and wiped down the countertops. Her next target was the fridge. She scowled when she noticed the already expired food.

When she finished in the kitchen she went to the living room. She took off all cushions from the couch and vacuumed the space underneath. She dusted off every picture, decoration, shelf and the coffee table, then polished the wooden furniture. She could hear Sehun’s profanities when he cleared the bins.

They’ve been cleaning for almost two hours.

“I think we finished everything.” Halley looked around the room and a proud smile appeared on her face. She took away all the cleaning utensils and adjusted a vase of flowers on the dining table.

Sehun just came back from the garden, he took out the last bag of garbage. He plopped down the couch, exhausted from all the work.

“Doesn’t matter. She’ll find something to about.” he shrugged.

At that moment, the doorbell rang, signaling that the old lady has arrived. Sehun opened the door and Halley stood next to him. There stood a short lady with a very repulsive expression.

“Welcome Granny Oh!” Halley exclaimed happily.

The lady sized her up and snorted. “Omo. Hyesung-ah. What happened to your beautiful brown hair? Kids these days don’t value their true, natural beauty.” she clicked her tongue. “And why are you wearing so much paint on your face? Aigoo, you were such a pretty girl back then.” She disapprovingly shook her head. “It’s a pity you’ve lost your right mind and look like someone who fell into a candy floss machine.”

“Stop it grandma. She’s pretty the way she is.”

Halley peeked at Sehun and felt her cheeks burning up, her heartbeat increasing. Even those stupid butterflies woke up in her stomach. She didn’t understand why she felt like this around Sehun lately. It felt wrong. Her body is wrong, she shouldn’t be like this. Maybe because it was rare that Sehun complimented her, even if it was absentmindedly, her body didn’t know how to react.

“Come in and make a fuss about how dirty the house is like we haven’t been cleaning in the past 3 hours.” he opened the door wider and let the old lady in.

His grandmother smacked his shoulder and chided him. “Yah, you brat! Watch your mouth. You talk like I’m here to complain. I came to help you, son. And what’s with your hairstyle too? Aigoo I can’t wait for your enlistment. You’ll learn manners in the army, you’ll see.” she turned her attention to Halley and her features softened. “Hyesung-ah, make me a cup of tea.”

She jumped a little and trotted to the kitchen. “Would you like green tea, chamomile or fruit tea?” she inquired kindly.

“Chamomile. I need to relax my mind a bit. You’ve almost frightened me to death, you look like a horror clown with all those smudges. And you.” she pointed at Sehun and he rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Your father generous enough to let you live looking like a thug. Back in my days we…” she started blabbing about old times.

Halley brushed off her words. Despite her continues nagging, Halley knew that she was one of the few kids Sehun’s grandmother ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter