Chapter 3

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

When Halley finished her practice with the girls, she headed to another practice room where the guys were busy learning their new choreography, sweating and panting like crazy. Her gaze fell on Lay, the new guy. His movements were sharp and intense. He focused on learning the choreography so hard; he scrunched his eyebrows and his eyes never left the choreographer. She thought to herself that she has a new favourite male dancer among her friends. First Sehun (still), then Lay, after them, Jongin. Her inner fan-girlingwas interrupted when she noticed her cousin at the corner of the room, doing some paperwork at a small desk. Occasionally, he checked the boys, then averted his gaze back to his work.

“Everland!” She chirped, standing in front of him.

“What?” Sorting the papers he didn’t even look up.

“This year I want to go to Everland.” She handed him a flyer about the theme park.

“Oh. I see.” He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and sighed. “Look. I don’t think I can make it this year,” Lowering his head he managed a weak smile. “Perhaps, Junmyeon can take you guys.”

“Why?”

“I have too much work to do. Managing the studio finances, applications, and the competition is around the corner too, we have to put together new choreographies, I have plenty of paperwork. Also, I’m working on a case with my parents, I have summer session classes and I'm working on my thesis too. I don’t have time for a trip. I’m sorry, Moonlight.”

Sadness washed over her. Every year they go somewhere for a few days. It was like a tradition and the first time in five years Kris said no. She was persistent. It wouldn’t be a big deal if Jongin, Chanyeol or the others couldn’t go with her. The problem was that she wanted his cousin to be with them the most. Thinking hard what to do, she finally spoke up.

“One day. Let’s go for a day only. We can travel to Everland, then we go somewhere to party at night, we sleep in a hotel and next day we can go home. Hm? Opinion? Honestly, I don’t want to go without you. That would be no fun. Please, Oppa!” She pleaded with teary eyes. “I promise I won’t bother you for the rest of the summer, I help around the house.”

Looking at her, his heart clenched. “Fine. Ask the others, and we set a date.”

“Yaaaay!” she was jumping up and down in happiness. “We’ll have so much fun! Thank you, you’re the best.” She pecked his cheek. “Here’s the list” She handed him a pink paper.

“What list?” Kris was baffled. He looked at the paper and snorted. She had planned everything already.

“I already asked who can go with us. As you can see Hyejeong, Mina, Chanmi, Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and I even asked the new guy.” She counted with the help of her fingers.

“Good. Junmyeon?”

“Sadly, Junmyeon oppa can’t join us.”

“That’s a pity. Yuna? She’s in your ‘bestie group’ isn’t she?” He referred to the few people she usually hangs out in Seoul.

“Yeah, but she’s visiting her grandparents or something other family stuff.”

“Have you asked Sehun?”

“Why should have I?” She looked away. She didn’t want Sehun to mess up their trip with his attitude.

“Halley… Don’t be selfish. How would you feel in his place?”

“Happy because I don’t have to spend time with the one I don’t like. Please. He’s always grumpy. It’s better without him.”

“Come on, Moonlight. Ask him.” He nagged her.

She sighed in defeat and turned around, “Hey Brat!” She shouted. Sehun stopped in his tracks and glanced at them.

“What? What now?” He shouted back.

“Come here for a second,” Kris signaled with his hand. “Halley wants to ask you something.”

Sehun didn’t understand what was with them. Halley looked like she was ready to kill Kris, and the other was smiling so lovingly it made Sehun flinch. Slowly he made his way to them. The girl glared at him and forced a smile.

“So… This year… I… I thought it would be good if… Um…” Stumbling and stammering, she tried to tell him her idea. Kris nudged her. “Okay, fine. I thought it would be fun if we go to Everland this year. So if you want you can come with us. Hyejeong, Mina, Chanmi, Jongin, Baek, Yeollie and Yixing are coming too. That’s all. Happy?” She frowned at Kris.

Sehun kept quiet for a minute, then nodded, “Okay. I’m in. Thanks Hyesu.”

Halley leered at him. He hasn’t called her Hyesu for ages. Realizing what he’s just said, Sehun’s jaw clenched before leaving without another word.

“See? You made him happy. Now go. I have work to do.” Kris shooed her away.

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

The evening came, and they were at Wonder again. Halley was so happy she couldn’t stop talking about Everland. They agreed to go on Monday considering there would be fewer people on a weekday. At least that was what they were hoping.

“Well, well. Look who’s there? None other than the beautiful Halley Hyesung.” A loud voice in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter