Chapter 25

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

Sitting at Minseok’s café, a familiar feeling hit Lay. He has arranged a date with Halley, but she’s being late. Should he say, as always? Or is it rude assuming this? Nevertheless, she should have been there since 20 minutes, yet she’s nowhere to be seen. A blonde waitress gave Lay his latte macchiato, he accepted it and slurped on his drink. He was looking out the window, watching the people outside, hoping he notices a pretty, purple haired girl.

“Hey.”

“Oh.” He bowed to Minseok who was standing next to his table.

“Brrr. What’s with this cold aura? Is my macchiato that bad?” He asked jokingly and examined Lay’s irritated face.

“No. The macchiato is good.” he put down the mug and checked his phone. “My life is bad.”

“Oh, don’t be so dramatic Mr Zhang. What’s the deal?” Minseok shook his head disapprovingly.

“Halley.” he stated.

Minseok couldn’t help but chuckle. “As always.” Yes. That girl can make the men's species mad.

“Late. Won’t come. . Again. Don’t know. Something.” Lay sighed bitterly.

Minseok furrowed his eyebrows. “Erm. I don’t really get you buddy. Please. Talk. Full. Sentences.” he teased the poor Chinese man. “So?”

“Aish.” the other scratched his hair angrily. “We have a date, like right now. She’s 20 minutes late again. And she stood me up once already. They don’t want us to be together.” He rested his head on his hands and let out a tired sigh.

“They? Who?” Minseok sat down and put his tray on the table. He didn’t understand what was Lay talking about but he seemed really frustrated, so he didn’t want to leave him all by himself.

“God. Buddha. Cupid, Aphrodite and all the other deities. Fate, luck or destiny. I don’t know.” he cried out. “None of them.” he slapped the table and Minseok was startled from the sudden outburst. He held up his tray to shield himself as Lay continued. “Something will always come up and she won’t come.” he looked at Minseok with hurt in his eyes.

Minseok’s heart clenched upon seeing him like this. He must really like Halley. “I bring you a cupcake. It’s on the house.” He patted Lay’s shoulder and left to get him his dessert.

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

At the new Dragon Dance Studio building, Halley and Sehun have been practicing for more than 2 hours with the supervision of Kasper. The teacher gave them advice on how can they improve their elements. They recorded their choreography, watched it together, then evaluate the good and bad parts. The competition is right at the corner, and they had agreed on to do their best. Halley was cooperative with Kasper, because she wants to win this year, but Sehun seemed tired already. He heavily panted while they were watching the video, and his usual milky skin looked even paler. Kasper had to leave because he had a class, but asked them to practice their routine one or two times again.

“Are you okay Sehun?” she asked him concerned.

“I’m good. But…” he took a long breath and let it out slowly. “This time can we skip the lifts?”

“Sure.” she agreed and examined the boy with worried expression. His forehead beaded with sweat, he seemed short of breath and was white like the wall behind him.

Music filled the room and they were supposed to start the choreography. Sehun only staggered to the left and right, Halley did her moves but were keeping an eye on the boy. Sehun walked to one direction and to the other. He was getting even paler, if that was possible at this rate. Halley was about to suggest that they should call it a day, when Sehun collapsed on the floor and didn’t move.

“Sehun!” she shouted and ran towards him. She knelt down and placed her hands on his forehead. His body was hot, and the sweat drops trailed down his face and chest. “Oh my God! Sehun! Open your eyes!” She panicked.

Sehun furrowed his brows, indicating he was in pain and panted heavily, but didn’t open his eyes. Halley ran out the room in panic and shouted after help. Kasper, who was 2 rooms past them, opened the door and peeked out. Halley rushed towards him.

“Kasper! Sehun fainted! Help!” she screamed, and Kasper didn’t hesitate a minute. He told his students to stay in the practice room, and he flee out with Halley.

Kasper knelt beside Sehun, placed his hand on his forehead and listened to his uneven breathing. He raised Sehun’s legs above his heart level and instructed Halley to call an ambulance. She saw Kasper’s mouth moving, words flying past her head. She was scared to death. Kasper raised his voice so Halley would get her act together, and it worked. She dialed the number and told the dispatcher about the situation and the address.  After 10 minutes they could hear the siren’s sounds.

 

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

Sehun woke up to the powerful smell of hospital disinfect, invading his nostrils. He slowly opened his eyes, the white light of the lamp above him making his sight blurry. He could see an IV attached to his arm and hear the beeping of a heart monitor. He pulled over the curtain that separated his bed from the four others in the room. He was alone in the blinding white room. He tried to recall what had happened, but his mind was blank. His last memory was that he was dancing with Halley, while Kasper watched them. Just then the door opened softly, and he noticed a pink wave of hair.

“Oh, thank God you’re awake.” Halley sprinted to his bed and sat next to him on a chair.

“What happened?” He asked in a hoarse voice. His throat was dry like a desert and his head was spinning like he was on a roller coaster. He grunted and tried to pull out the needle of his arm. Halley quickly stopped him.

“Don’t! You had fainted because of exhaustion.” she jabbered. “I just filled out the acceptance documents. I’ll call your parents and tell them you’re here.”

“NO!” he sat up a little and grabbed her arm. “Don’t tell them, please.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter