Chapter 24

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

Halley liked their choreography so much she asked Lay to teach her Sehun’s part. She was fast, she learned most parts within half an hour. Also, the fact that Lay was a great teacher helped a lot. He explained the moves in details to her and helped when he noticed something isn’t clear to her.

“Like this. Look.” he showed the step which Halley struggled with. “Don’t cross your arms fully, just a little like this. And pull back immediately.”

“It looks so easy when you do it, yet I can’t.” she stomped her feet whining.

“Come on.” He stood behind her and grabbed her hands. Basically, he was hugging her. He guided her hands with his as he counted the rhythm.

Her moves became stiff because Lay was so close. She felt her cheek rose up when he came so close he bumped his chest to her back. She felt her heart trying to escape from her chest as Lay was whispering the next step into her ear. He then turned her over so he was facing her, gazing deep into her eyes.

Slowly, he brought his arms up, Halley mimicking his actions, until they encircled each other. He didn’t know why, but he hesitated a bit. He could see the longing in her eyes, but still he paused his movements. Halley looked at him with glowing eyes, reached out and touched his face lightly. Lay shivered under her touch and let out a soft sigh. Halley couldn’t hold it back anymore. She leaned closer and kissed him on the lips. He ran his fingers through her hair and pulled her even closer. His kisses became desperate as he sought to erase the doubts that tickled the back of his mind. He felt her smiling against his lips so he pulled away.

“What?” he asked, gazing into her eyes.

“Nothing.” she whispered. “I just love kissing you.”

 

Suddenly, the door opened behind them, and they faced a startled brown-haired man.

“Sehun?” Halley called out, surprised. The three of them were quietly watching each other. Not knowing what to do, Halley blurted out the stupidest thing she ever could in this situation. “I stole your part in your choreography with Yixing.”

“Oh.” Sehun stood at the door, bewildered from the scene. “I didn’t know you are here. I… I just go… Bye.”  He shut the door close and started walking down the alley rather fast. It was hard for him to gulp down his tears. He wanted to relax and forget about his misery by dancing alone in the studio, but it wasn’t his lucky day.

Upon noticing Sehun’s blurry eyes Lay peeked at Halley. “You or me?” he asked, then shifted his attention to the door.

“I go.” She stood up and ran after Sehun.

 

 

She caught him at the entrance, he almost got out but she grabbed his arm. “Hey. Is something wrong?” she asked in a warm tone, truly concerned about him.

“No. Nothing, I just didn’t want to disturb your date.” he felt a lump in his throat and coughed a little.

“Hunnie. You can’t fool me.” She looked deep in his sad eyes. “What’s wrong?”

Sehun had a big breath of air to relax his thumping heart and boiling blood. Then the first drop of his tears ran down his sharp chin, then another and another. “I had a fight with dad and … I’m kind of angry and anxious.”

She wiped his tears gently and hugged him. “It’s okay. It’s going to be okay. Calm yourself. Breath in and out and hug me back because it’s getting awkward.”

He did what she told him to do and to his surprise he actually calmed down a bit. It was confusing and good at the same time. He interrupted their date with Lay, yet she’s with him, calming and hugging him. He thought she would be angry and she would shout at him when she catches him, but no.

“Does your father know you work at the café?”

“No.”

“Are you planning to tell him?”

“No. I save up the money so I can move out soon.”

“Okay.” she caressed his back to soothe him a little. “I didn’t know you have a key.” She said still hugging him.

“Kris had given me one. If there’s an emergency or something. Also, he knows I have quite a temper and lets me use the small practice room if it’s not occupied.” He peeked at her and she blushed.

 

 

Lay was lying on the bench when they came back. He didn’t mind Sehun joining their abrupt dance practice, or at least he didn’t say a word against it. First, Sehun watched Halley dancing in his position with Lay, then he joined them so they made a perfect trio. After that they choreographed a one-minute routine to Dopebwoy’s song Cartier. At 3AM they collapsed on the floor, dead tired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter