Chapter 28

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

Halley sat down on Lay’s bed as she examined the room. It was rather small but cozy. This was her first time there. She could see family pictures hanging on the wall. Many of them. On his desk papers were scattered around, on his nightstand next to the lamp sat a cute teddy bear. The dark brown furniture complemented the white walls. All in all, it showed his character. Simple but warm.

“Here.” Lay came in and handed her a glass of water.

“Thank you.” She accepted and had a sip. He sat beside her at the end of his bed. “When are you leaving?”

The sun shone through the window, casting a gold glow on the room. Halley squinted her eyes as she looked his direction. Lay noticed it, stood up and adjusted the curtain so the light won’t bother her.

“Tomorrow. Sorry, I know it’s sudden. But we can watch that movie next time.”

“Sure.” she chuckled. “Don’t sweat on it.” she placed the glass on his nightstand.

Lay has to leave for China for a few days or maybe a week. They have some kind of family business and he has to help too. Halley leaned back on his bed, then slowly lay down. Yixing grabbed a pillow and placed it under her head, and plopped down next to her.

“Thank you.” she smiled at him. He was so thoughtful it warmed her heart.

They lost in each other’s eyes. Lay leaned over her and kissed her gently. She fidgeted a little and he backed away. She seemed anxious and breathed deep.

“What’s wrong?” he asked quietly and softly.

She felt a lump in her heart. She reached out and placed her palm on his cheek. He closed his eyes and lost in her touch. “Do you really like me?”

His eyes flattered open. He didn’t answer right away and they just looked at each other in silence. His lips moved as if he wanted to say something but ultimately let out a sigh. He could see she was distant. Gently, he brushed a lost pink strand out of her face and caressed her. “I think, yes.” He stared straight in her eyes with no pretense. The desire to touch and kiss her tore him apart.

“You think… or you know?” she mumbled, deep emotions clouded her gaze. “Because…” she continued softly. “I think I like you, but I don’t know if I really like you, or I just frantically need someone to like me and that’s why I like you.” she cleared .

His heart clenched. She finally opened up. He could feel long before that there was something at the back of her mind that bothered her. He towered over her, bent down, pressing their foreheads together. He closed his eyes and breathed in.

“Isn’t it always like that? We are trying so hard to understand things in life. But we can’t really understand all emotions. We’re trying and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.” he pulled her in his arms.

As she snuggled to the crook of his neck he breathed in the vanilla scent of her hair and pecked her. He tried to calm her by her arms. She looked up and dropped her eyes on his lips. He was right. She broke out of his arms and stood up. She walked to the door and turned the keys to lock the door. She knew he was alone since his mother left to China a few days ago, but she didn’t want to risk it. Lay watched as she stepped back to the bed. She sat on his lap and leaned forward. He could feel her warm breath on his lips as she spoke.

“Then we should try harder Yixing.” she didn’t break their eye contact as she took off her shirt, then leaned even closer until there was no space between their bodies. She kissed him hungrily, she wanted to feel him all over her body.

Lay didn’t hesitate to kiss her back but suddenly held her face and gazed at her earnestly.

“Do you want to do what I think you want to do?”

She nodded and hang his head in shame, her gaze started to wander aimlessly. Lay lifted her chin to force her eyes on him.

“Are you sure? You don’t have to do this. You don’t have to prove anything to me.”

“I want to prove it to myself.” she answered quietly but firmly.

“What if you’ll regret it later?” he asked in the softest voice.

She almost couldn’t hear him. She pulled him in a sitting position and cupped his face. His brown orbs observed every inch of her face. Her eyes were sparkling and a light red colored her cheeks.

“Then I gladly accept you as my biggest regret in life.” she brushed her fingers through his hair, sending chills down his spine.

She slowly closed her eyes and placed her lips on his ever so gently. One arm wrapping around his neck, the other grabbing his hair and pulling it a little so his head is leaning back. After giving him a quick peck, she softly bit his lower lips. Dizziness engulfed his mind as he kissed her back and the feelings melded into a sweet sensation that permeated his heart.

He held her even tighter and pulled her whole body to him. His strength made her feel secure. His breath touched her skin, warm and intoxicating. With her mind spinning, she gave in to her body’s action and let him lead the way to somewhere beautiful.

 

In the dark room while Lay was sleeping soundless, she put on her clothes and grabbed her bag. Before leaving she looked at the sleeping man. He seemed so calm. His handsome face was relaxed and a small smile formed on his lips, showing his lovely dimples. She stepped closer and lay back down next to him. She didn’t move for a few seconds and contemplated what would be the right decision. With slow and careful motions, she caressed his face. She didn’t want to wake him up. She couldn’t help but plant a loving kiss on his cheek, to which his smile spread across his face in his dreams

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter