Rain

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1...

 

I have had a bad day.

 

Rain

 

What is rain?

 

A scientist would tell you that it something that happens due to evaporation of water creating clouds which eventually rip apart and send the water back to earth. A creative type would tell you it represented sadness, negativity, foreshadowing for an equally dark event. Jae-Yun had just learnt about foreshadowing in class and found it fitting that the weather depicted her mood in that moment. She had just listened to Umma Nayeon gushing about Dubu-Unnie’s proposal to Jokbal-Unnie, she was going to do it in a few days and Jae-Yun would be spending the day with Evil-Unnie and Tzuyu-Unnie. Jae-Yun liked Tzuyu, she could willingly admit that when her state of mind was more childish it could be judged as a crush but in moments like this where Jae-Yun’s thoughts were clearer she herself could recognise it as respect.

 

Tzuyu had been the first person since her birth Umma that had stood up to her father. Only difference was Tzuyu lived to tell the tail.

 

That was why she hated the idea of Evil-Unnie lying to her. Tzuyu-Unnie had always been so kind and treated Evil-Unnie like a princess, now it was Jae-Yun’s turn to save Tzuyu-Unnie from her monster. She didn’t get why her Ummas didn’t tell her when they found out. She sighed, tapping her pen against her homework as the rain hit the window pane. The world looked as miserable as she felt, she envisioned the rain as the background of a kdrama where the main protagonist explained all the lies and deceit of the antagonist. Saving the day and making everyone at home sigh in relief.

 

Tzuyu saved her, maybe she had to save Tzuyu?

 

Some people find rain to be a sad thing, but Chaeyoung was a romantic. She claimed the best feeling in the world was laying in bed with the one you loved watching everyone else fight the horrible weather outside. Mina pecked her forehead as they lay under the covers of their bed, Mina’s family out on a day trip letting the duo have a rare moment to cuddle. Mrs. Myoui had actually rece the rain started to fall, but they both looked so innocent under the blanket she hadn’t the heart to break them apart again. She knew Chaeyoung loved her daughter very much, she had managed to bring out this adventurous and wild side of Myoui Koharu’s only daughter. Whilst she did not wish to see that side….ever…she could be proud of the strong young woman that taught her girl to love.

 

Koharu could never tell Mina the true reason as to why her father had not come to Japan those first few months. He had liked Minhyuk, he had thought him to be a strong man - capable of keeping Mina safe. Mr. Myoui was an old soul, very conservative in some regards which was probably what had left Mina so separated from her feelings. Growing up Mina hadn’t been able to even entertain the idea of coming out to them, Chaeyoung gave her that push.When Mina had told her of Chaeyoung her actions had been foolish, Koharu had told her to wait - to betray Chaeyoung’s trust. She had not forgiven herself for that Koharu couldn’t say she understood biuality but if the person that could make her daughter smile that brightly and love that deeply was a woman then what type of mother would she be to turn her back on her.

 

Her husband did not understand but he was learning. Because whilst ignorance itself is le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter