Trapped (Dahmo)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Sorry my Englishness is showing xD  Lift = Elevator)

 

 

“Come on Momo, just pick one and lets go!” Dahyun whined,

 

“But they all look so good.”

 

“It’s not for you so just take one!”

 

Momo pouted and stomped her foot childishly. Dahyun smiled, she found the older girl’s childish behaviour adorable, but couldn’t help but feel slightly irritated. The duo had come to the store as soon as Momo finished working for the day, Jihyo was forcing them to bring their new neighbour some “Sorry-for-breaking-into-your-house-and-stealing-your-food-jokbal”. They had considered getting that written on a cake but Jeongyeon said it’d be over kill. So here they were - an hour after entering the store and Momo still refused to choose a piece of food to give away. Dahyun sighed, she’d never understood how Momo could be so obsessed with food.

 

“This one!” Momo announced pointing at the cooked meat behind the glass,

 

It looked identical to all the other pieces but Dahyun didn’t want to argue about that.

 

The bored butcher behind the counter sighed in relief and prepared the meat in a container. Dahyun had to nudge Momo a few times to stop her drooling, the butcher thought she was drooling over him and Dahyun found she didn’t like that idea one bit. She dragged Momo away from the store and out into the street, not letting the dancer hold the food just in case. Luckily for the starving dancer their apartment building was only round the corner so she didn’t have to suffer for long, but it was beginning to become harder and harder to resist the meaty charm of jokbal. It wasn’t until they both entered the lift that Dahyun realised her mistake.

 

Momo, from the moments the doors closed, began to fidget. She was bobbing from one foot to the other - attempting to ignore the object of her obsession next to her. It hurt Dahyun’s feelings when she realised it was the jokbal and not herself Momo was obsessed with but we’ll get to that later. There were two lifts in their building: one newer one that had been put in after the other one had broken and fell seven stories and the other was on its way out. The second lift was slow and more rickety than the newer one, but due to Momo’s unpredictability they had gotten into the first lift that came. The slower one.

 

Once trapped in the metal box, Dahyun realised they should have taken the stairs.

  

“Come on Dahyun one bite!”

 

“Momo, no!”

 

Momo stomped her foot and the lift juddered.

 

“Be careful.”

 

Momo pouted, “Dahyunie!”

 

Dahyun refused to look at her. She could not show weakness.

 

“Dubu, dubu!” The dancer tried, pinching her cheeks,

 

“Stop it Momo,” Dahyun snapped harsher than intended, “If you want some buy your own.”

 

“But Momo hungry!”

 

“Momo always hungry.” Dahyun replied,

 

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter