Babysitting (2yeon)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Based on prompts from ImMina-nim (who requested more backstory shots) and leave_me_alone.

 

This is a sad one.

 

Babysitting

 

Nayeon loved kids.

 

Not in a weird illegal way but rather she cooed over any baby she came across. She couldn’t just walk past a mother and her baby without asking to hold it, she adored them. As much as the rest of the group teased Nayeon for being immature, vain and sometimes widely inappropriate they all agreed that one day Nayeon would be a fantastic mother. It wasn’t uncommon for Nayeon to cancel plans with her friends in order to go and babysit her niece or other children of friends. Jeongyeon always said that when Nayeon held a child she was at her most beautiful, her eyes would sparkle and her bunny teeth would show due to her massive grin.

 

Which is why it broke Jeongyeon’s heart that Nayeon herself could not have children. Nayeon was diagnosed a few years ago with a disease that meant her ovaries would not release eggs, meaning she’d never have a baby of her own. Jeongyeon remembered when she found out, Nayeon had been inconsolable. Children were the only thing Nayeon truly wanted and for her to be physically unable from having them was a cruel, cruel trick of fate. Eventually, Nayeon went back to functioning normally (well as normal as she ever was) but the group knew something in her was gone and not coming back. So rather than plan for her own future kids, Nayeon babysat for anyone that would ask her.

 

Therefore Tzuyu could think of no-one better to call when she was stuck with a child in her care. The court case had finally come up for the man Tzuyu had punched, he would be going to court that afternoon for neglect and child-abuse charges. His daughter, Jae-Yun, had said she wanted to testify but only if the “nice police lady” was there too. So that’s how Tzuyu ended up with a small child sitting on her couch. Tzuyu was the opposite of Nayeon, she’d always preferred animals to human children. So as soon as she realised she was probably going to kill this kid on accident she phoned the bunny girl who was over the moon.

 

“Hey Tzuyu! Where is she?” Nayeon chirped ducking through the open window,

 

“Officer Chewy, some women just broke into your house.” A tiny voice spoke up from where she was colouring,

 

“Don’t worry,” Jeongyeon said walking over to her, “We’re Officer Tz--Chewy’s friends.”

 

“I’m not supposed to trust strangers.”

 

Tzuyu walked out of her room at that moment and smiled at them, “Hey guys, thanks for coming. I’m a little out of my depth here.”

 

“No worries,” Jeongyeon said, “She’s smart!”

 

“She’s SO CUTE!” Nayeon suddenly squealed running over to the small girl who looked at her startled, “Hello, I’m Nayeon-Unnie.”

 

Jae-Yun looked her over, “H-Hi, I’m Jae-Yun.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you Jae-Yun,” Jeongyeon spoke up, trying to calm her girlfriend, “I’m Jeongyeon-unnie.”

 

Tzuyu also approached and Jae-Yun hugged her close, she was nervous around so many people, “They’re here to help me look after you.”

 

“Are they nice?”

 

“I trust them,” Tzuyu said making the older girls smile, “And you trust me right?”

 

Jae-Yun nodded and finally let the police officer go, standing up to bow, “Hello, Nayeon-unnie and Jeongyeon-unnie.”

 

Nayeon cooed at her, “You’re so polite.”

 

“Mummy said good manners means a good girl.”

 

“That’s very true,” Jeongyeon nodded, “Where is your Mummy?”

 

Jae-Yun looked down so Tzuyu spoke instead, “We’re trying to find her at the moment, but it’s like she dropped of the face of the earth.”

 

“Daddy says she’s six teeth under and that’s why I can see her no more.”

 

The three women froze and looked at each other, the three of them having the same thought.

 

“Are you positive he said teeth?”

 

“I don’t know,” Jae-Yun shrugged colouring her drawing, “I just know it was a body part ‘cause I didn’t understand it.”

 

 

Tzuyu looked at the other two and stood up, walking into her room. Nayeon sighed and continued to draw with the girl, asking her everything and anything about her drawing. Jae-Yun gushed about the picture she made, it was a pretty butterfly and she was very proud of it. She wasn’t used to this sort of praise so she was blushing - causing Nayeon to coo further. Jeongyeon just enjoyed watching her girlfriend in her element. When Tzuyu returned, clad in her uniform, she whispered to Jeongyeon that she would need to report what Jae-Yun had just said and that she was trusting the fragile girl to them.

 

“No!” Jae-Yun shouted wrapping her arms around the tall girl’s legs,

 

Tzuyu crouched down, “Jae-Yun, I wont be long and Nayeon-unnie and Jeongyeon-unnie will be with you the whole time.”

 

Jae-Yun sniffled, “W-Will you be back?”

 

“Of course,” Tzuyu told her sincerely, “I’ll be with you the whole time in the courtroom. Okay?”

 

“Okay.” Jae-Yun replied as Nayeon scooped her up,

 

“We’ll have so much fun you wont even miss her.”

 

“Thanks, Nayeon.” Tzuyu replied rolling her eyes and jogging out the door,

 

Then it was just them. Jeongyeon decided to make them all lunch - mostly because she was always jealous of how spotless Tzuyu’s kitchen was. Chaeyoung and Dahyun always managed to wreck theirs. As she stood at the island, cutting up cheese for sandwiches, she looked at her girlfriend as she played with the little girl. She wondered if this was how they’d be in the future, Nayeon entertaining their own child why Jeongyeon cooked for the family. Like her father had taught her to. Despite her father’s perfectionist nature he had been a good teacher,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter