Blind Dates (Jihyo)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Includes a prompt from neccar who guessed this chapter ages ago haha

 

Also that poll last chapter has dictated who Jihyo ends up with at the end, one option was Sunmi.

 

…..Yall just threw her out in the cold!

 

Anyone actually read these??

 

THE MAJORITY OF THESE PEOPLE ARE MADE UP - NAMES CAME FROM A RANDOM GENERATOR.

 

Blind Date (Jihyo)

 

Jihyo adored her friends, like they adored her, but sometimes they went a little bit overboard.

 

Nayeon and Jeongyeon’s wedding was next month and Jihyo was still the only one without a date. She had spent the year being too devastated about the loss of Sunmi and worried about Tzuyu and Dahyun, she just hadn’t had time to even CONSIDER dating. This saddened the others, they wanted nothing more than to see their dear friend happy. So, as if at the same time, they all had a similar idea - they wanted to set Jihyo up on a blind date. Obviously they all arranged it without confiding in the others, poor Jihyo having to work eight different dates into her schedule. But as any devoted reader will know by now, NOTHING on the fire escape is private. Secrets always come out.

 

“I bet she’ll like my friend better.” Nayeon challenged as Jihyo got ready for that exact date,

 

The group were in their usual spots on the fire escape, waiting for Jihyo to leave and come back to tell them how it all went. She wouldn’t tell them the restaurant this time - she did NOT want a repeat of the insanity they had unleashed on poor Sunmi. All they could do was sit out there in the cold November air, wrapped up in blankets and coats - watching the world go by in front of them. And argue to pieces who had the better date for Jihyo.

 

“Oh yeah?” Jeongyeon laughed, having just put their daughter to bed,

 

Usually Jae-Yun would tucker out and sleep on either Chaeyoung’s bed or Tzuyu’s couch and Jeongyeon would take her upstairs when they all turned in for the night.

 

“Yep!” Nayeon smirked, “I’ve known Jihyo for yeeaarrs, she’ll love her!”

 

“What’s her name?” Mina asked,

 

“Yop Mi-Suk.” Nayeon told her, “She’s….enthusiastic.”

 

_____

 

Jihyo sat opposite Mi-Suk and watched her carefully. She was stunning, it was true. Pretty eyes, perfectly proportioned face. Beautiful. Only there was one thing Jihyo could not comment on, her lips. When Nayeon had described the girl as enthusiastic it had been, as Jihyo had come to find out, a huge underestimation. The reason Jihyo could comment on the girls beauty but not her lips was for one reason. She. Did. Not. Stop. Talking. Her lips had not stopped moving long enough for Jihyo to evaluate them. While Jihyo prided herself on being a good listener this was taking the cake.

 

“.…and so I say to her: I didn’t do it - Jaeyoon did--”

 

“Wait, wait,” Jihyo interrupted, “Was he the priest?”

 

“No Jaeyoon was the guy with the turtle backpack: keep up!”

 

“Oh sorry.”

 

“And don’t interrupt it’s rude.” Mi-Suk scolded before launching back into her story, “Anyway--Oh! Wait, I haven’t let you talk. Sorry I tend to ramble.”

 

“It’s fine.” Jihyo smiled kindly,

 

“So you’re a vocal coach right?”

 

Jihyo opened to speak but….

 

“I knew a vocal coach once! It’s a pretty funny story actually so I was in Seoul right….oh, hold on for this to make sense I need to tell you this other story----”

 

Jihyo slammed her head on the table, “Cheque!”

 

_____

 

“So you’re setting up card has been revoked.” Momo sniggered,

 

Nayeon went to hit her but the dancer hid behind Dahyun. Jeongyeon stood proudly, “The date she’s going on tonight is going to sort her out!”

 

“That sounds like a threat…” Tzuyu told her slowly,

 

“Umm….I meant like for a date to the wedding.”

 

“Sure,” Tzuyu glared, “If she disappears tonight I will be after you.”

 

Jeongyeon looked at Sana who shrugged, “She doesn’t get more meds till tomorrow and she ran out, paranoia’s a side effect of withdrawal.”

 

“Ah.”

 

_____

 

Jihyo didn’t even bother to learn this one’s name, but she was positive that if he was surving she would not be eating at Jeongyeon’s restaurant when this ball of disgusting was on kitchen duty. He picked everything he could pick, his nose, his eyes, his teeth, his….unmentionables (which shouldn’t be THAT itchy bucko!). After all this he also insisted on touching all the bread before finding a piece that was just right. When the main course arrived, tapas….why tapas, he held out some food inbetween grubby fingers with black nails (and no, they were not painted).

 

At that point Jihyo physically gagged and bolted from the restaurant, vomiting in the trash can outside.

 

“Eww gross.” He said as he watched her upchuck her food through the restaurant window, “Cheque please!”

 

_____

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter