Fireworks

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Final chapter of the “series” the next series (Chapters: 21 - 40) topic will be the characters families which I have the chapters planned for but prompts are always welcome to break them up (the chapters not the couples but a few more angst prompts wouldn’t hurt, Lisa is coming back for some draaaammmmaaaa *sing songy voice*).

 

Also soooo many people were expecting haha I’m not a writer and I don’t pretend to be, I like dirty jokes but actually writing it out makes me uncomfortable. If you wanna write that sort of thing for this universe you’re welcome too though :) As long as you mention it’s from this plot line and I’ll add it as a link at the end of the appropriate chapter :)

 

Fireworks

 

It was ten minutes until midnight and for once nobody was on the fire escape.

 

Where was everyone? Well I’m about to tell you, all that happens in this chapter takes place in the same ten minutes.

 

Momo and Dahyun were eating their dinner. Momo had just come home from a dance contest her Advanced Class were entered in. They had won but rather than go out and celebrate, Momo wanted to spend a quiet night in with her Dubu. Dahyun had urged her to go out with her class but Momo knew that Dahyun would’ve worried. Henry and Heechul were in her dance class and still refused to give up their arguing over the dance teacher, Dahyun would have over thought. Besides, Momo would always choose Dahyun - a fact she just wished the younger girl knew.

 

Momo felt quite a lot of responsibility being not only Dahyun’s first real girlfriend but also the eldest of the two. She always wanted to protect Dahyun which was strange as anyone would tell you that Momo was the one who needed a lot of help with things. She had a childlike innocence which people had often tried to take advantage of and therefore Mina and Sana had both had to be the “unnies”. Momo regretted that and had tried to protect them more, only she’d failed.

 

Mina had always been independent but Sana needed people around her. Momo had been so wrapped up in her own grief about Tzuyu’s injury, along with comforting Dahyun who was a lot closer to the girl, that she hadn’t even thought to check on her best friend. Sana had been out a lot recently, always giving a lame excuse that would make both Mina and Momo raise their eyebrows. It annoyed the older dancer that her friend slept around for comfort, she was a bad friend for not helping the girl herself. She’d just been distracted, Dahyun still had a lot of issues stemming from her teenage years and Momo felt like she needed to look after her. Dahyun was her number one priority….but was that right? Momo sighed and dropped her chopstick.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Am I a bad friend?”

 

Dahyun lowered her chopsticks, “Why do you ask?”

 

Momo sighed, “Should I have done more to help Sana? Maybe if I’d been around more she wouldn’t have slept around so much.”

 

Frowning, Dahyun reached over and placed a soft hand on top of Momo’s, “That was Sana’s choice Momo, it’s how she deals with it. If she had come to you would you have turned her away?”

 

“No…”

 

“Then you’re not a bad friend.” Dahyun concluded,

 

“Really?” Momo’s eyes sparkled and Dahyun giggled at how cute she looked,

 

“You’re a great friend,” Dahyun then leaned closer, “And an even better girlfriend.”

 

At twelve o’clock the fireworks went off outside and Momo leaned across the table to kiss Dahyun softly.

 

“I love you.”

 

“Love you too.”

 

Meanwhile, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were painting Jae-Yun’s future room. Her official move in date had been decided with the adoption agency for next month. As the duo had tomorrow off for the solar new years day they had chosen tonight to stay up late getting everything ready. Well….Jeongyeon was, Nayeon had passed out in a chair around 11am. Once the last brush of the first coat was completed Jeongyeon stood to stretch her back. She looked at her fiancee and smiled, sure if Nayeon woke up now Jeongyeon would scold her but for now she looked so cute, so peaceful. Jeongyeon wasn’t an emotional person but she truly, truly adored Nayeon. Sure everyone else only saw the narcissism or the loudness but to Jeongyeon those were the things that made Nayeon, Nayeon.

 

She decided to take Nayeon to bed, only pausing when she realised she should wash the paint off her hands first. As she walked out to the kitchen she felt the familiar feeling twist in her gut. Jeongyeon took a deep breath and calmed herself, it would be unfair to wake Nayeon just because her OCD was playing up about the mess on her hands. So masterfully using her elbows she flipped up the tap (or faucet if you’re American) she began to wash her hands. Now, part of Jeongyeon’s OCD was repetition and when her OCD was bad she had to do things at least three times to stop feeling uneasy. However, after washing the soap off her hands the third time Jeongyeon couldn’t stop. The paint was gone but it was like she could still feel it sticking to her skin.

 

Usually she’d have Chaeyoung to call for, the younger girl having years of experience calming her older sister. Only Chaeyoung wasn’t there now. She was getting more and more frustrated, added to the tiredness it was making things worse. Taking another deep breath she tried to remember what Chaeyoung would tell her to do. Jeongyeon only got this bad when she was stressed so what was worrying her? Okay what would Chae ask?

 

Is there anything new in your life?

 

Of course there was, she was en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter