Christmas Special

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 12 of 12 Days of Ficmas.

 

Merry Christmas everyone! And for those who don’t celebrate I hope you still have a good winter month!!

 

Had to change something in the last chapter - rather than Jae-Yun and Dahmo’s kid marrying each other it’s Nayeon and Jeongyeon’s youngest daughter that ends up with him cause of the age difference between Jae-Yun and the other kids.

 

Christmas Special

 

The car pulled up outside the Yoo-Im household.

 

Jae-Yun, twenty-one years old now, was parked outside trying not to panic. Today was D-Day - the day she introduced her boyfriend to her entire family. Parents, siblings, cousins and most importantly her aunts. Her aunts didn’t like any guy Jae-Yun had ever mentioned, they were protective of her, so she didn’t have high hopes her newest boyfriend (Han) would survive the night. He smiled at her, trying to ease her nerves a little - he knew she was nervous but he himself knew it wouldn’t be as bad as she thought.

 

Poor naive fool.

 

“It’ll be fine,” Han smiled trying to reassure her, “Families love me, we’re golden!”

 

“You’ve never met my family,” Jae-Yun sighed, “My mothers are ridiculous, my Aunt Momo could bench-press you, Aunt Chaeyoung is chaos personified, Aunt Dahyun has God on her side, Aunt Jihyo IS God, Aunt Sana has an evil French persona and my Aunt Tzuyu is a police officer.”

 

“Wow…”

 

“Yeah…you’re ed.”

 

Han was quiet a moment, “French peso--?”

 

“Don’t.” Jae-Yun snapped, “Just don’t ask.”

 

With a now significantly paler complexion Han got out the car, shakily, going round to open the door for his girlfriend. A new thing for him to do, but now he wasn’t sure if one of the psycho-aunts were watching. They made their way down the path to the front door, hearing all the noise from inside they both stole a moment to take a breath before ringing the bell. After a moment she could see a shadow appear through the frosted glass at the top of the door - not Aunt Chaeyoung then. When it opened Jae-Yun breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“Jae-Yun-ah!”Mina smiled pulling the girl in for a hug,

 

“Aunt Mina!”

 

Out of all her Aunts, Mina was the most level headed (maybe second to Jihyo in some regards but anything to do with Michaeng’s insane life was kept away from the younger girl). Jae-Yun revelled in these extra moments of peace, hugging her Penguin-Unnie back tightly.

 

“Who’s this?” Mina asked after pulling away,

 

“This is my boyfriend, Han!”

 

Han bowed politely.

 

Mina studied him sadly, “You’re in for a long day, boy. Best get inside.”

 

Han just followed quietly, opting to not speak unless spoken to. If Mina was meant to be the level headed one, he feared how scary the others would be.

 

“So are we the last one’s here?” Jae-Yun asked as she removed her shoes,

 

Mina nodded, “Well…besides Tzuyu.”

 

“Where is she?” Jae-Yun looked a little sad, she had always been close to Tzuyu,

 

“She took over Jackson’s shift today so that he could be with his daughter on their first Christmas.”

 

Han placed a gentle hand on Jae-Yun’s shoulder.

 

“Will she come later?” Jae-Yun asked,

 

Mina shrugged, “I don’t know, Sana said she’ll try to get here but if she finishes late…”

 

“She wont make it.” Jae-Yun sighed, “That .”

 

They walked into the living room to witness the anarchy, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were snapping at each other as they laid the table, Chaeyoung was watching Mina like a hawk as she walked over to play with their daughters, Momo and Dahyun were eagle dancing to the Christmas radio station and Jihyo was trying to stop her children killing each other as Sunmi cleared up the mess their fight had caused. Jae-Yun basked in the chaos as a squeal sounded beside her and she was pulled into the warmest hug on earth.

 

She and Squirrel-Unnie had not always been close but now Sana was one of Jae-Yun’s favourite people.

 

“Jae-Yun-Ah!!!” Sana squealed, “Look at you! All grown up!”

 

“Squirrel-Unnie!” Jae-Yun cheered back, forcing herself out of the tight grip, “This is Han, my boyfriend.”

 

“Nice to meet you!” Sana smiled,

 

Han bowed to her, noting that while she was smiling somewhat kindly at him her eyes were calculating. Sizing him up to see if he’s be good enough for her niece. Sensing a change of topic was needed, Jae-Yun interrupted.

 

“So Hero-Unnie’s working?”

 

Sana’s smile dropped to a sad one, “Yeah, Jackson’s just had a baby and so he really should get to spend the first Christmas with baby Mark.”

 

CRASH

 

“JEONGYEON! BE CAREFUL - THOSE ARE THE NICE PLATES!” Nayeon shouted from the other side of the room,

 

“I KNOW NAYEON IT’S NOT LIKE YOU’VE NOT TOLD ME THAT EIGHTEEN TIMES TODAY!”

 

Jae-Yun was shocked, “What’s up with them?”

 

Sana shrugged, “Who knows? Married couples get on each others bad sides at times.”

 

Her eyes flicked to Han.

 

“Not that you will have seen his bad side of course…”

 

“Squirrel-Unnie…”

 

“Just remember that talk I gave you on safe ---”

 

“UNNIE!”

 

“What?” Sana asked innocently, “Just better to be safe than sorry.”

 

Jae-Yun groaned and dragged Han away, “Come and meet my parents.”

 

*DRAMATIC VOICE* Meanwhile, on the couch…

 

Dahyun, tired from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter